Declined Removal of Foxy and Nerfing Mimicer (FF2) (1 Viewer)

Remove Foxy in favor for another boss?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunslinger_

I won't lie, I hate Five Nights at Freddy's and I hate Foxy. Don't get me wrong, that's not why I made this thread. I find Foxy a bit too similar to Ass Pancakes. The latter has pretty much the same statistics as Foxy, all but Pancakes' ability to uber himself instead of blinding. I personally find Pancakes the more balanced of the two because outsmarting the boss is possible during his rage. I can say the same for The Mimicer too, which I'll get to later.

There's not exactly any other way I find Foxy to stay in, especially with that god-forbidden scream that makes me jump out of my chair.

For The Mimicer, removing his blinding abilities is a must to a lot of players. Teleportation is actually pretty balanced in my eyes because it applies to one person, while stunning and blinding others applies to a larger group of people. That one person can be saved using an uber if they get stuck in a teleport, but it doesn't mean The Mimicer is hurt too much since they can now be in that area as long as there's not a colony of sentries.

The Mimicer is undoubtedly a much more original boss and his abilities do share the likeness of a spy unlike other bosses I know, which I why I want him to stay on the server, unlike Foxy. I would say The Mimicer's blind during his rage should be either removed or replace his blind with a less blinding feature like Demopan's where you can see at least some part of the screen.

To me, I find rages to be used as tools that allow the boss to get an advantage, but they still have to be strategic. This applies to bosses like Spyper with his sniper rifle, MeeM with his minion spawning, and even Zerstorer with his explosion. These are unlike blinding abilities, which, yes, the players can

The only way to know if a blinding boss is around you is using sound, and there are players who don't even have their volume on. You can't even identify the sound exactly either, since the bosses don't make any voiceclips when they get near you, only when they kill you. And the voiceclips span out through the whole map, not just in a range.

This is all what I think personally. If you have any thoughts against this or anything to add, do tell, I'd like to see this idea in play.

• Disagree
Reactions: Geronimo and Waxel
Foxy does have a blind, so it has something different from Ass Pancakes. Also... you're confusing Ass Pancakes with Painis Cupcake (Pancakes is the carnival joker scout, this is the classic VSH boss soldier, like the vagineer), who has the uber rage, lol.

So foxy is unique to a point, because of that blind.

I do agree about nerfing mimicer. I forgot the exact things his rage does but I think it involves blinding, him getting uber, teleporting to a player, and/or stunning around him. Also the health formula is out of whack and he has too much health, especially for 2 lives. He has enough for like 6-8 rages with a full server i believe.

Foxy does have a blind, so it has something different from Ass Pancakes. Also... you're confusing Ass Pancakes with Painis Cupcake (Pancakes is the carnival joker scout, this is the classic VSH boss soldier, like the vagineer), who has the uber rage, lol.

So foxy is unique to a point, because of that blind.
I feel Foxy is too similar to Ass Pancakes, based on his Scout "type", high and double jump, and stunning rage. Ass Pancakes does get an uber last time I saw anybody playing as him. Plus, just because Foxy's unique to a point doesn't mean that point is high, and his only additional feature is that he can stun with his melee if it hits below belt level based on the FF2 bosses thread, but that feature is so minor and rarely used by any casual player as far as I can tell.

I feel Foxy is too similar to Ass Pancakes, based on his Scout "type", high and double jump, and stunning rage. Ass Pancakes does get an uber last time I saw anybody playing as him. Plus, just because Foxy's unique to a point doesn't mean that point is high, and his only additional feature is that he can stun with his melee if it hits below belt level based on the FF2 bosses thread, but that feature is so minor and rarely used by any casual player as far as I can tell.
Ah i understand what you mean now

I do agree about nerfing mimicer.
Mimicer is the most unbalanced boss on FF2 with Miku. Invulnerability on rage, has the same attack speed of a spy plus teleport, cloak and double life as if it were not enough. IMO the Mimicer should be removed instead, as they did with that Heavy freak over 1 year ago. (@Patmosphere was it God? The one who could fly and smite every second).
I find Foxy a bit too similar to Ass Pancakes
Given your reasoning every Freak with similar abilities as others should be removed then (an example can be Fedorable with *cough* MIMICER *cough*)
Not to mention that
that god-forbidden scream that makes me jump out of my chair
Ass Pancakes has the scream too when he rages lol.
In the end imo, as i stated before, Foxy shouldn't be removed because hey, this have no-sense since it's not an OP boss l. Admins removed bosses that were too op in-game and not because of their similar ability

(oh boy post #200!) My thoughts on the current hales: (mainly the strong and weak)
Koishi Komeiji: Very weak compared to others, does not do bleed to soldiers (soldier doesn't count as a player for some reason), no teleport/ Super jump, not that great of rage, and low health.
Mimicer: as I would put it, a koishi on crack and the most overpowered boss I have ever seen created, his kit is overloaded and quite busted (blind, uber, tele, 2 lives, absurd health, disguise and more)
Miku: People say she is overpowered, but I don't really see how. she can't deal with sentry nests at all (takes a lot of knockback) and only 3 of her rages are used a lot, the others are barely used.
Foxy: A worse Ass Pancakes, would need a buff or be removed.
Spyper: Probably the 2nd most overpowered boss, a very long cloak uptime, teleport, infinite ammo sniper rifle and a point and click tele. people camp as this boss A LOT and if ammo pickups were removed on spyper, would be more balanced
Hotline sniper: Kit is kinda overloaded as well, basically a worse mimicer, but instead of having tele and blind and mass hp, he has a gun with very low spread and super jump. prob would need nerf on spread of scatter gun?
Human Sentry Buster: Oh boy, literally THE WORST BOSS IN THE WHOLE MODE. takes I believe 200% bonus melee damage, takes less from bullets but is it helpful? when this boss comes, expect a whole team of demoknights. does barely any damage, rage is easy to get away from, melee does a lot to him, he is just bad. he would need some buffs.
Now why did I say all of this? Because more than Mimicer and Foxy need buffs/nerf/removal, and we need to fix these issues.

Admins removed bosses that were too op in-game and not because of their similar ability
Since when a Freak got removed because it was "weak" or a "worse-modelled-debuffed-copy" of another boss?
I don't understand why people wants to apparently remove a normal Hale, with normal hitpoints and normal damage from the game.
This is absurd - instead take consideration of skilled players using Foxy i won't mention names , a match won't last 6 minutes even with 20 reds.
Perhaps you should take the idea of removing the MIMICER instead? There are other posts where players want to remove him and are still waiting for an answer, like me.

I won't lie, I hate Five Nights at Freddy's and I hate Foxy.
we all hate the fandom in question as i do since it has been populated by cringy people but there's still no need to remove a boss because of this i mean cmon, we have no proofs that you've made this thread for the only purpose to remove Foxy even with this ▼
Don't get me wrong, that's not why I made this thread
it's way too sospicious and it's not because i have something againsts you, it's common sense. It's self contradictory with the phrase you wrote before

Since when a Freak got removed because it was "weak" or a "worse-modelled-debuffed-copy" of another boss?
I don't understand why people wants to apparently remove a normal Hale, with normal hitpoints and normal damage from the game.
This is absurd - instead take consideration of skilled players using Foxy i won't mention names , a match won't last 6 minutes even with 20 reds.
Perhaps you should take the idea of removing the MIMICER instead? There are other posts where players want to remove him and are still waiting for an answer, like me.

we all hate the fandom in question as i do since it has been populated by cringy people but there's still no need to remove a boss because of this i mean cmon, we have no proofs that you've made this thread for the only purpose to remove Foxy even with this ▼
it's way too sospicious and it's not because i have something againsts you, it's common sense. It's self contradictory with the phrase you wrote before
thats why I said buff or removed, I get where your coming from with removal and all, but he does need something more.

• Agree
Reactions: Gunslinger_
Hold on everyone, I'm loading my thoughts into a big mass of contraddictory crap

Alright, let's get started with the "no, thanks we're fine like that" and "I think your perspective is quite confused right now".

First:
I find Foxy a bit too similar to Ass Pancakes. The latter has pretty much the same statistics as Foxy, all but Pancakes' ability to uber himself instead of blinding.
You're actually ignoring the fact that other bosses have the same exact ability of ass pancakes but limited by simple character characteristics (uber rage+stun applies on fedorable and painis cupcake in the same exact way and they haven't got any "double jump ability" like mr asspan in addiction). Though you're now focusing your attention on the remove of a boss which has a quite different rage, which involves stun (at a short cast range) and screenlock with a jumpscare image; no uber no damage resistance or something similar.

Second: the so much discussed "nerf" for mimibitch should be applied to its hps and not to its abilities since you also said that he's such "an original character etch.."
The Mimicer is undoubtedly a much more original boss and his abilities do share the likeness of a spy unlike other bosses I know, which I why I want him to stay on the server, unlike Foxy.
People who actually don't play with the sound cannot expect higher performance against players who instead use it.

Third:
Koishi Komeiji: Very weak compared to others, does not do bleed to soldiers (soldier doesn't count as a player for some reason), no teleport/ Super jump, not that great of rage, and low health.
Counter/tunnel medics first and three quarters of your problems will be solved during the round.

In the end, to resume almost everything: get sensitive headphones for your computer if you got all that trouble in keeping your self safe from sounds.
(PS, yes @Lil Wolf it was St.Heffe the flying smiting fatass)

• Agree
Reactions: Waxel and Geronimo
First:
You're actually ignoring the fact that other bosses have the same exact ability of ass pancakes but limited by simple character characteristics (uber rage+stun applies on fedorable and painis cupcake in the same exact way and they haven't got any "double jump ability" like mr asspan in addiction). Though you're now focusing your attention on the remove of a boss which has a quite different rage, which involves stun (at a short cast range) and screenlock with a jumpscare image; no uber no damage resistance or something similar.
I think class plays part of a role on whether a boss is different from one another. There are bosses with different speeds that are based on their class, along with some different abilities such as Spy and Engineer at times. Foxy and Ass Pancakes may have mostly different rages, but they do have the same base class: Scout. This is what I feel makes Foxy so similar to Ass Pancakes.

Second: the so much discussed "nerf" for mimibitch should be applied to its hps and not to its abilities since you also said that he's such "an original character etch.."
I will agree The Mimicer has issues with his health as well, which leads to his rage being used constantly.

Third:
Counter/tunnel medics first and three quarters of your problems will be solved during the round.
That works most to half of the time, at least in my experience.

Opinion time!!

I feel Foxy is too similar to Ass Pancakes, based on his Scout "type", high and double jump, and stunning rage.

Like, we barely even have any Scout hales. Taking one will decrease the variety of the boss's class, and I'm sure people are tired of Spy hales.

For The Mimicer, removing his blinding abilities is a must to a lot of players. Teleportation is actually pretty balanced in my eyes because it applies to one person, while stunning and blinding others applies to a larger group of people. That one person can be saved using an uber if they get stuck in a teleport, but it doesn't mean The Mimicer is hurt too much since they can now be in that area as long as there's not a colony of sentries.

The Mimicer is undoubtedly a much more original boss and his abilities do share the likeness of a spy unlike other bosses I know, which I why I want him to stay on the server, unlike Foxy. I would say The Mimicer's blind during his rage should be either removed or replace his blind with a less blinding feature like Demopan's where you can see at least some part of the screen.

Yes, totally agreeing with Pat here. Mimicer needs a HP nerf to make him more balanced, removing his abilities will just make him less original.

I think class plays part of a role on whether a boss is different from one another. There are bosses with different speeds that are based on their class, along with some different abilities such as Spy and Engineer at times. Foxy and Ass Pancakes may have mostly different rages, but they do have the same base class: Scout. This is what I feel makes Foxy so similar to Ass Pancakes.
Sarcasm incoming! Well I feel like all the Spy bosses are so similar, remove them all but one!
Anyways, really? That doesn't mean anything! As I just said sarcastically, we have a lot of Spy bosses that are similar in many ways and they seem to not be complained about!

Miku: People say she is overpowered, but I don't really see how. she can't deal with sentry nests at all (takes a lot of knockback) and only 3 of her rages are used a lot, the others are barely used.
Miku can so easily deal with sentry nests with her, I believe, Sprint Jump rage.

Going back to the topic of Foxy, he's completely fine how he is. To me, he's a very balanced, unique boss.

Hey, that was fun!

• Agree
Reactions: Waxel
But I do think Koishi Komeiji needs some sort of help though, because the main issue for her has always been soldiers, mainly because of because of their mobility and ways for them to get to places Koishi can't, and that her bleed doesn't work on Soldiers. Also her rage is kinda lack-luster, because it just makes you invisible to players, not sentries (like Handsome Jack's cloak make you invisible to everything)

• Agree
Reactions: Gunslinger_
Sorry for little bump, but the poll seems to be favoring the nerf/removal of the notorious Mimicer.

The boss is a problem on the server, even more than how I saw Chuck Norris. A great balance idea is to remove the second life and reduce the HP done a little. Worse case scenario is that the Mimicer suffers Norris' fate, being removed.

While on the topic of 'OP Bosses', Spyper seems to be a contender for most overpowered. His rifle, as we mostly all know, is ridiculous and a simple fix is to have him not pick up ammo. Other bosses like Miku or GentleSpy might also need a downgrade in health to be considered 'balanced' by our community.

I could go on and on, but that's for another day. Again, sorry for the bump.

• Agree
Reactions: Turhral and Waxel
Let me say a few things about these stuff, Geronimo.

A great balance idea is to remove the second life and reduce the HP done a little.
Removing the second life isn't gonna cut it. I myself am not in favor of the "life" system but when it's there- it's there. Reducing the HP is a great choice though, as he does have high HP even for a 2 lives boss.

is to have him not pick up ammo
This. The Spyper has been a pain in the butt for a while now, with some people picking him only to do a never ending cycle of sniping, invis, re-locate and sniper again. Either by fixing this bug or taking away his invis will help a lot.

Miku or GentleSpy
While I agree with Miku, Gentlespy isn't that OP in my opinion. Sure, his rage can be somewhat OP, but his Uber after raging lasts for a really short duration so it's not that harmful.

Miku should be nerfed. Badly. Having the Stylish Raptor Spy rage (dance fever) while costing only 50 rage is just plain awful. So yeah, nerf her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread