Completed Removal of dr_prison_escape_v7 and any other broken maps (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stabbin

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
Donator
Development
This threads main purpose is to remove dr_prison_escape_v7 from the map rotation for Deathrun servers. This map is broken, has a bad easter egg and it isn't worth fixing.

Any other suggestion for deathrun related map removal can be appended to this thread. Pinging @Foxhound @Adoruby @Frosty

Maybe deleting Steamworks? It's too hard, not to mention auto mode.

I'm not a fan of dr_prison_escape_v7 mostly due to the "easter egg" at the start. It just causes delays and completely ruins the fun for others who are actually trying to play the map properly, so it's a +1 from me.

I don't have any more suggestions for map removals. I'm happy with just removing this specific one.

• Agree
Reactions: Foxhound
Steamworks is a little long, other than that, it's a really good map. But opinion differs, I agree on the automode part.

Also if you're doing a +1 thing on removing prison it'll be a +1 from me (if I'm allowed to do it)

Yup, that go-straight-to-the-end easter egg in prison ruins the map. Steamworks is fine though, in my opinion. One more terrible thing I can remember is a map called bigroom... That thing is pretty much a very long guessing game. So, it'd be pretty good if prison and bigroom could be removed.

• Agree
Reactions: Foxhound
Yeah I also agree, Prison escape is pretty poor for that and bigroom is a good call, that map is a mess and some people actually nominate it, knowing it's bad, forcing everyone to play it / rtv to next map. I also vote for prison escape and bigroom to be removed.

If were talking about removing bad maps, why are there two Psychopath maps in rotation? Can't stand one, let alone two psychopaths, usually nominated one after another

If were talking about removing bad maps, why are there two Psychopath maps in rotation? Can't stand one, let alone two psychopaths, usually nominated one after another

You may not like these maps. But the traps are well designed and thought through. This thread focuses on maps that are heavily broken and should therefore be removed.

Maybe dr_missing? Its kinda broken, no afk killer (unless you guys changed it), the rock slide trap fucks up bhoppers and the mini is kinda broken

Maybe dr_missing? Its kinda broken, no afk killer (unless you guys changed it), the rock slide trap fucks up bhoppers and the mini is kinda broken

We removed it before because with the "old bhop" config that had lazy mode enabled, people could skip the entire map.. I agree with the removal of dr_missing. The map overall is OK, the traps are fine excluding some that are skippable. The problem is BLU is on the outside of REDs area, and will therefor not be able to catch up with bhoppers going fast.

The following is the map layout (blue = BLU, red is RED).
YLYLAyD.png

This map suffers from the same "problem" a run track has. Runners start some distance away from each other so that the run is equal. For deathrun maps this is a problem as BLU should always be able to be "infront" of RED so that BLU can activate traps accordingly. A lot of REDs gain speed in spawn, go through the starter traps fast and go through the map unnoticed as BLU often fails to catch them. There is somewhat of a "rush door" in the map, though its not designed like one, it's designed like a trap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread