Regarding Sprays (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capp

Banned
Hello everyone,
I've noticed that sprays sometimes behave weird. I don't know how to discribe it, let me just give you an example:

Today me and Heratade were playing on Trade, I've noticed an inapropiate spray, and told Heratade to remove it, but she didn't saw the spray and couldn't remove it either. After multiple tries, I called Da Random onto the server, maybe he could see and remove it. After he came, he could, but after he removed it, he didn't see it anymore but I still did. So he restarted the map and all sprays were gone.
And this is not the first time something like that happened; I had the same situation on Trade back then but didn't see the spray, so Cammy had to come and removed it.

I don't know how often or why it appears, but it has to be no minor issue since the last time that happened was still in my trial.
I guess it has something to do with either Admin Spray, or something else I don't know. Let's just say it's there.

Last edited:
This has happened to me too but in Deathrun server.

I was normally playing and Swaggy (this was before promotions) called me to deathrun cause he had seen a inappopriate spray on DR. I went and take and i was like 'Where is it, i can't see it' then Swaggy took a screenshot of it and sended it to me through Steam and the spray was right in-front of me and i just couldn't see it. I also tried to remove after it but i can't remove it if i can't see it.

Screenshot: https://i.gyazo.com/c70f04b8e0efcd1118d5e619b1f39d51.jpg

There i'm wondering where is it :confused:

So i can confirm that this isn't just happening in trade.

SPECULATION: What I think is the problem of not being able to see the spray is client-side. Basically, when you join a server, you download people's spray to your own game folder. So you can visually see the spray whenever they chose to, well, spray it. And because the player wasn't there, I do believe it couldn't produce the image, hence why it was not possible to remove it. (But possibly because the player had left it wasn't possible for the server to actually remove the spray, even though I did.)

I am no developer for Valve, so I can only guess, but I am pretty sure it's something like this. Either that or the Source servers doesn't like sprays in general.

• Informative
Reactions: Capp and Madact
I think Random is om tge mark. I recall that whrn people leave and you remove theor sprays they dont really go away.

(spelling errors cuz tipsy)

i will later announce this day for the admins the new spray management plugin i got, should make things a lot easier.
its installed and working already on nearly all servers except 5-6 servers die to being always populated with players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread