Regarding dr_mario_b (1 Viewer)

Remove dr_mario_b?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

Hello fellow pandas,
When I was playing DR today we came across a map that is played sometimes named dr_mario_b. This map in my thoughts is very bad with limited space and bad map making, the stairs are not even made right! The worst part about the map is that a good 3/4 of the players die of the first trap due to the flames, making it impossible to finish with around 5 people each time. So in this thread I ask the community and the players if we could remove this map due to reasons stated above.
Thanks for your time
-Joe

Agree. It looks like creator of that map has not put any effort into it at all. Until, and if a fixed version gets released, I think we should remove it from the mapcycle. We already have a mario map, which is much better and funnier to play on.

On top of that is also the length of the map. It's extremely long and along with being difficult to complete it mostly ends up that no one ever makes it.

Honestly, the map is quite easy. If someone is good at rushing, they can jump over the first trap with one hop, then get through the next traps easily. At the choice pipes it's mostly that the right pipe isn't going to kill you. Then it's just some jumping and going through never changing invinsible floor trap. The last part is just all about fast and precised movement. I have beaten the map like 7 times now and I still find it rather easy. The other thing homever is that the map is ugly as hell, but we might as well talk in here about dr_minecaves and dr_forest. The map should stay.

Honestly, the map is quite easy. If someone is good at rushing, they can jump over the first trap with one hop, then get through the next traps easily. At the choice pipes it's mostly that the right pipe isn't going to kill you. Then it's just some jumping and going through never changing invinsible floor trap. The last part is just all about fast and precised movement. I have beaten the map like 7 times now and I still find it rather easy. The other thing homever is that the map is ugly as hell, but we might as well talk in here about dr_minecaves and dr_forest. The map should stay.
The map is so long though that you'll never complete it in time if you rush it. The problem with most of the new maps is that they're either:

A: incomplete, missing traps or areas
B: badly textured or very basic
C: way too long for a dr map

I think in the future, we may need to do some public testing for new maps to make sure that these things dont happen again.

• Dislike
Reactions: Joe
The map has already been removed. Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread