Completed Rebel status in JB (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky

Mapper
TL;DR: Remove rebel status upon picking up ammo

Yay another suggestion :scout1:

I believe this change rebel status upon picking up ammo should be reverted due the fact it makes rebelling more difficult than it should be. Even if you have crafted your master plan to escape the blues and manage to get away without them noticing, all for you to pick up ammo and it's publicly shown in chat and then all the blues know that you have escaped AND have ammo.

My suggestion is to remove this and return it back to how it was, due to the fact its:
  1. In my opinion unnecessary to have
  2. Invokes a huge disadvantage to rebellers who get ammo.
However, removing this will allow for freedays to casually pickup ammo and continue to have their freeday status.
However, there are some times currently where you can pickup ammo and not get a rebel status, keeping your freeday and keeping the fact you have ammo hidden, so I don't think removing the rebel status will change much

Poll closes in 7 days

Hm Kevin has voted No. It's a possibility this won't happen but I'll list it up in case he changes his mind.

Task #137 Remove rebel status on upon pickup

I feel like this will be hard to readjust at start, but it's a good step for the games balance.

From my experience as soon as I see "___ has rebelled" I just go and find them out and try to kill them (With guard crits it's even easier).

The element of suprise can be quite fun for rebelers. Also you have to pay more attention to the game as a guard, which is more fun than slacking off until someone rebels

• Agree
Reactions: Solo and shybandit
I feel like this will be hard to readjust at start, but it's a good step for the games balance.

From my experience as soon as I see "___ has rebelled" I just go and find them out and try to kill them (With guard crits it's even easier).

The element of suprise can be quite fun for rebelers. Also you have to pay more attention to the game as a guard, which is more fun than slacking off until someone rebels
I mean, way back when it was like this. "baaaack in my day" yada yada
basically just made it harder for freedays to cap the warden's ass
i personally like it more without the status on pickup

Reactions: Mark!
I kind of like the idea provided one thing: Freedays who pick up ammo lose freeday (SILENTLY, no "X has lost freeday" in chat), but don't gain a rebel status or an evil beam. They're now left on equal footing as all other rebellers, instead of having either a disadvantage if the rebel when ammo plugin works or an advantage when the rebel with ammo plugin doesn't.

What I mean is, make an ammo rebelling freeday look like any other red running around where they shouldn't be who probably has ammo.

I like the idea but it will make the game confusing now I know this is a feature in wonderland but how about making it say inmate has rebelled instead of saying the name but I vote yes anyways

I like the idea but it will make the game confusing now I know this is a feature in wonderland but how about making it say inmate has rebelled instead of saying the name but I vote yes anyways
It would honestly only change it from "Someone go get LilSpaceMan" to "Someone go get that rebeller". All it really might end up doing is leading to people running right into a godgamer rebelling snipers sight line because they didn't know who it was.
However that's also a good argument for keeping rebel status message on ammo pickup, kinda nerfs snipers who can get run up on before they set up their sightline, barely effects scouts who can reposition near instantly, and buffs demo/heavy who want the blues coming to them. Doesn't force reds to actively rebel as much if the blues are heading in their direction.

Can we make it so that freedays get the status?

Reactions: Mark!
It would honestly only change it from "Someone go get LilSpaceMan" to "Someone go get that rebeller". All it really might end up doing is leading to people running right into a godgamer rebelling snipers sight line because they didn't know who it was.
However that's also a good argument for keeping rebel status message on ammo pickup, kinda nerfs snipers who can get run up on before they set up their sightline, barely effects scouts who can reposition near instantly, and buffs demo/heavy who want the blues coming to them. Doesn't force reds to actively rebel as much if the blues are heading in their direction.
This is a good argument but still it won’t ruin the fact that your never gonna gonna know who got amo at least this says there is a rebeler I’m just saying it Jb wise and how blus are gonna die every god damn round because they are not gonna see that one pro scout aka haze run up and kill everyone but the choice is in the poll

Reactions: Solo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread