Completed Re-Updating FF2 US (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Project Potato

Donator
Now of course it has only just started getting players again, but pretty much everyone playing wants the server to be updated back to the updated plugin. Many things were removed like climbing sniper, pyro knight, and sans, which made the game a lot more interesting than it is now. The only reason the server died in the first place was because it suddenly stopped working all-together, not because people did not like the hale v hale mode. I obviously don't know to much about how updating the server works, but if it is possible to bring back the better (working) version of panda ff2 I and many others think it should be done.
(Please bring back pyro knight like cmon it made pyro an actual viable class)

Resubmitting as a suggestion
Note - Current FF2 bosses still shows Sans, Serious Sam, and Sergeant Painis as available freaks despite being reverted, might as well update the server to match it ;)

Reactions: Chermal
How many people play on daily basis though? It wouldn't make sense to waste time updating a server that seems dead most of the time, like right now for example nobody is even playing.

Reactions: salguod
For the past few days there have been around 7-11 people on at times for a good amount of time, all it takes is two or three people being on and the server usually populates. Also, it should not matter how many people are on if some of the core people that played on the server before it died want it updated. An update would also most likely help the server grow by adding new features and removing some un-liked ones, that would keep newer players coming back. It took around 5-6 months for the server to get fixed from being literally unplayable to a downgraded state, and asking it to be fully restored should not be something that needs to be asked. The only wasted time was me constantly asking for the months it was broken to be fixed into a worse state, instead of asking it be brought back updated.

Yeah I totally get what you mean it must suck seeing a server you used to play in die out but I’m pretty sure those months you were asking for FF2 updates they were getting ready to update JB for its new maps considering it had a recent update a week or two ago? It only makes sense to prioritize on bigger servers, now I’m not trying to say they should neglect the other smaller servers but there are just some things that are more important than others. After this JB update I don’t see how it would hurt to update FF2 though so who knows maybe they will sooner or later

Never said anything about prioritizing this over other servers, this is a poll showing that ff2 players would greatly enjoy going back to the updated plugin, not that this needs to happen right now no questions asked.

Yeah I was just saying try not to expect much when theirs other servers to attend to, but after reading what you said about asking for an update for months they should try to, and like I said JB just got updated so why can’t FF2 get one

I've had to re-do the poll as I am interested if people from US FF2 actually want this. Apologies about that.

Really I disagree with this but at the same time I don't care enough to argue my point. Project Potato cares more about this server than anyone else so they most likely have a better insight into what players want. Just what players want might not always be what is best for the server. Overall though it is up to Kevin.

Personally I am quite indifferent on bringing the new plugin back; I really dislike some of the changes it brings (like market gardening does significantly less damage, Snipers being able to climb, med crossbow damage being lower), but I do enjoy having the new bosses around to fight and strategize with. If the new plugin gets added so be it, whatever brings us more players around is fine with me.

Well you heard the people please do update it when you get the chance. (And don't downgrade the market garden please)

but there is one problem too, vsh 2.0 won its as well, so which one would be implemented? or will there be a vote between the 2?

So..... FF2 (The Server) would cease to exist if that gets updated but all the bosses from FF2 would go to VSH2? Or would the FF2 server still exist in an un-updated form and VSH (The Server) gets updated?

So..... FF2 (The Server) would cease to exist if that gets updated but all the bosses from FF2 would go to VSH2? Or would the FF2 server still exist in an un-updated form and VSH (The Server) gets updated?
what could happen is FF2 is converted to VSH2 with all the old bosses being transferred over (and newer bosses are easier to make using the new vsh2 engine) and VSH gets converted to VSH2, but only has its original bosses. both would probably keep the regular names of FF2 and VSH since nothing changes about them really on visual, but everything else changes for the better

basically the servers would stay where they were, but they are just converted to the improved VSH2 (which both servers can run with their separate needs for the each community) but retain what keeps FF2 different from VSH

Well I have no idea what good updating FF2 to VSH2 would do, as it seems it depends a lot on constant updates (which we don't get a lot of) and that it would not bring to much new stuff to FF2. The things I'm getting from this that FF2 does not already have is easier to make bosses, more complicated bosses, multi-bosses and......
  • VSH2 has a built-in Set Boss command that can be overriden to work for donators only.
Which we defiantly don't need.
Unless players are literally able to add bosses, modify weapons, and update the server (in any way) without Kevin having to do anything, this really makes no difference for FF2 or VSH; We will still have to wait for an update that actually changes things, as this update seems to only bring the possibility of meaningful updates which will take a lot of time to make. Or maybe it's as easy as a click of a button to add a new boss once it's made I'm not entirely sure. (FF2 Still has Mimicer in it after many years of people asking him to be removed or updated, so I would imagine it's not likely.)

Now of course this is all my opinion, and I'm sure I could be missing something, but from what I can understand updating FF2 to VSH2 would make almost no difference in gameplay until Kevin decides to go in and update it using the new tools provided, which for all we know could take a good while.

@Nergal would be better at explaining it than me, he should be better at addressing any questions you have on it.
But I do agree, if updates were more frequent this wouldnt be an issue, but hopefully that gets fixed as well soon

@Nergal would be better at explaining it than me, he should be better at addressing any questions you have on it.
But I do agree, if updates were more frequent this wouldnt be an issue, but hopefully that gets fixed as well soon
Well I have no idea what good updating FF2 to VSH2 would do, as it seems it depends a lot on constant updates (which we don't get a lot of) and that it would not bring to much new stuff to FF2. The things I'm getting from this that FF2 does not already have is easier to make bosses, more complicated bosses, multi-bosses and......
  • VSH2 has a built-in Set Boss command that can be overriden to work for donators only.
Which we defiantly don't need.
Unless players are literally able to add bosses, modify weapons, and update the server (in any way) without Kevin having to do anything, this really makes no difference for FF2 or VSH; We will still have to wait for an update that actually changes things, as this update seems to only bring the possibility of meaningful updates which will take a lot of time to make. Or maybe it's as easy as a click of a button to add a new boss once it's made I'm not entirely sure. (FF2 Still has Mimicer in it after many years of people asking him to be removed or updated, so I would imagine it's not likely.)

Now of course this is all my opinion, and I'm sure I could be missing something, but from what I can understand updating FF2 to VSH2 would make almost no difference in gameplay until Kevin decides to go in and update it using the new tools provided, which for all we know could take a good while.

Concerning what Project Potato is saying, VSH2 does have an FF2 compatibility plugin where an addon plugin makes FF2 code calls using VSH2 as the backing plugin but it only works for limited set of forks of FF2.

In terms of replacing FF2 with VSH2, I understand that it's not easy to just replace server content like that; one suggestion I can give is perhaps create a new server using VSH2 for completely custom bosses (alongside the default). It's easy to "replace" by starting a new server, seeing how it goes, then deprecating, then closing the old one.

Realistically, as a server community, it's entirely up to you guys to choose how you want to use VSH2, either as an FF2 replacement or VSH1 replacement or a replacement for (kinda) both. If the decision that removing FF2 is too much, then it's alright.

As for the current version of what VSH2 has to offer, a server operator has the power to override, replace, and modify weapons, VSH2's own cfg even has examples where you can modify weapons by classname or item index as well as doing class specific stats.

• Informative
Reactions: Spam Goose
VSH2 has a built-in Set Boss command that can be overriden to work for donators only.
and we already have set boss, doubtful kevin would change it to donator only (unless it was removed since I last played)

what could happen is FF2 is converted to VSH2 with all the old bosses being transferred over (and newer bosses are easier to make using the new vsh2 engine) and VSH gets converted to VSH2, but only has its original bosses. both would probably keep the regular names of FF2 and VSH since nothing changes about them really on visual, but everything else changes for the better

basically the servers would stay where they were, but they are just converted to the improved VSH2 (which both servers can run with their separate needs for the each community) but retain what keeps FF2 different from VSH
I dont think VSH2 is better than the newest FF2 versions lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread