Declined Re-suggestion of testing Deathrun Redux 2019 on second deathrun server (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikola

Donator
Heyyoo

After asking few people about Deathrun Redux 2019 and reading previous thread about it here I'd want to suggest re-testing it on second server (#22).

From what I've heard things pointed here shouldn't be a big issue for optimization and server should work without issues. I saw this plugin on Death Ventures where on my session there were 12 players and it worked without any problems. I'd want to test it with around 20 players by inviting friends and people from #09 to test it out.
Since the plugin allows to use other than melee weapons it could help with attracting more players since many of them doesn't want to play (for some reason) deathrun without primary and secondary weapons. It also has better queue system and gives activator more hp depending on how many players are on the server.

PS: The person criticizing the plugin probably wasn't comparing Redux 2019 to original Redux, it's possible that Deathrun Redux has same disadvantages which he mentioned but I'm not sure there.

Thankies for reading!

Last edited:
Heyyoo

After asking few people about Deathrun Redux 2019 and reading previous thread about it here I'd want to suggest re-testing it on second server (#22).

From what I've heard things pointed here shouldn't be a big issue for optimization and server should work without issues. I saw this plugin on Death Ventures where on my session there were 12 players and it worked without any problems. I'd want to test it with around 20 players by inviting friends and people from #09 to test it out.
Since the plugin allows to use other than melee weapons it could help with attracting more players since many of them doesn't want to play (for some reason) deathrun without primary and secondary weapons. It also has better queue system and gives activator more hp depending on how many players are on the server.

PS: The person criticizing the plugin probably wasn't comparing Redux 2019 to original Redux, it's possible that Deathrun Redux has same disadvantages which he mentioned but I'm not sure there.

Thankies for reading!
doesnt seem very stable according to the posts on the thread.

more health on the activator is quite useless as its not VSH mode-ish and fights on various maps wont work then anymore if there’s just 1 player left and the activator has 20000hp.

also not having any weapons didnt seem to be an issue since 2012 soo yeah there’s that.

It gives only up to 2000 hp if there's 30 players, would help with pit trap on dr_office for example, fight on dr_donald_trump, fights on dr_runoff, there's lot of maps which would benefit from it. If 2000 would be too much it's easy to modify it to just 500 for example.
  • More than 30 runners = 2000hp
  • 20-30 = 1700hp
  • 15-20 = 1500hp
  • 10-15 = 1000hp
  • 5-10 = 700hp
  • 2-5 = 500hp
  • 1 = 200hp
Also that's why I want to test once more but with around 20 players on second server, to see if plugin loses a lot on optimization, on Death Ventures where the plugin is implemented when there was around 12 players there were no issues, game was running smoothly and there was no bugs, on current Deathrun Redux fps can get low even to 30 if the servers is full, if same would happen with this plugin then it would mean it's just inherited from the original plugin, since redux 2019 is a heavily modified version of Deathrun Redux.

About weapons, yeah it's not a problem for most players but some people are playing on other dr servers just because they can use other weapons there, so why not attract them to here? It wasn't an issue since 2012 but it's been 8 years so why not move forward instead of staying with old plugin 8 years old plugin if the new one would work alright.

PS. "If activator kills runners, his max HP level dropping in time. Dropped health stays as overheal. "

Reminds me off this whole redux FF2 thing. If it's not broken don't fix it :soldier:
I just have this feeling that if this is added, it's going to add problems like it did with FF2. Problems that weren't can issue before adding it, problems that will probably never be solved and are just there.

The more health though seems to be for a small fraction of part of minigames. But heck, I've seen a demoknight activator take down 20 reds. There's also those maps that auto add the health on for the blue. If this happens, will it then still add on extra health making them op?

Many things to test with this, if it's given the chance.

Reminds me off this whole redux FF2 thing. If it's not broken don't fix it :soldier:
I just have this feeling that if this is added, it's going to add problems like it did with FF2. Problems that weren't can issue before adding it, problems that will probably never be solved and are just there.

The more health though seems to be for a small fraction of part of minigames. But heck, I've seen a demoknight activator take down 20 reds. There's also those maps that auto add the health on for the blue. If this happens, will it then still add on extra health making them op?

Many things to test with this, if it's given the chance.

That's why I want to test it on second server which is 24/7 empty, about the health, only map that gives more hp to death and is pretty popular (20th place on stats) is dr_castle_steveh, it's duel minigame. Maps like dr_office or dr_supermonkeyball would benefit from it and as I mentioned, max HP is 1700 and it shrinks with every runner death, so he can start with 1700 but when there will be only 5 reds left, death's health with lower to only 500hp.

Nikola wanted to decline and close the suggestion as there's a new deathrun plugin coming up soon. Cheers :azbaby:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread