Razorback Removal Vsh (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magglet

Donator
Simple solution to the commn razoback hale bug. The item presents no value in a gamemode where you are not facing spies on red. It allows hale to avoid a back stab from a common bug thats been around for ages.

Very simple and needed fix honestly, razorback is pretty bothersome

This fix doesn't even need a poll (and indeed the results were obvious).
The only real problem may be the coding part, as it has recently been for all suggestions. So, before adding this to the tasks, I'm gonna wait few days for somebody to give info about the coding part as @Kevin may need it.

If you Kevin don't need it and can fix this easily, let us know :ok_hand:

One thing to point out for Kevin, this only regards VSH. I don't know if they have this bug there, but ff2 has that spy boss and razorback may be good.

As I see it there are about 3 fixes that I can think of or find
  1. https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=93537?t=93537 // This is a plugin made specifically for disabling weapons that are problematic (including the razorback) which can future proof any other weapons we might want removed in the future that might be deemed either not functional or too overpowered to balance.
  2. Start simply enforcing it as a rule to avoid having Kevin make changes to the gamemode itself.
  3. Find someone more experienced to figure out why the Saxtonhale gamemode's code doesn't function as it should? (e.g shown below)
Code:
            case 57:
            {
                TF2_RemoveWeaponSlot(client, TFWeaponSlot_Secondary);
                SpawnWeapon(client, "tf_weapon_smg", 16, 1, 0, "");
            }
57 dictate's Razorback's weapon ID and calls for it to be replaced by the SMG but doesn't entirely remove it? similar functions for removing the weapon work perfectly fine with other weapons like short circuit, sticky jumper and bonk atomic punch/its festive alternative perfectly fine, so seems strange that razorback is the exception to that.

If i've missed any alternative solutions, please do mention it

• Useful
Reactions: Matth
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread