Pending RatsSaxy Map Bug Report (1 Viewer)

plutonists

Donator
Map name: arena_RatsSaxy
Description: The map is one of these simplistic maps, it has an empty roof which normally cannot be escapable from the Hale by jumping or whatever.
I have discovered the bug/exploit suddenly while playing as Sniper, I rolled the RTD Effect: Tiny Mann, and while I was climbing, I found out that it is possible to get outside of the playable map, and that you can fall down without any instant kills.
Everything is shown in the following demo.

Evidence: In the attached files.

@fanthom
@Roar
tagging because they witnessed the bug/exploitation

@Aquilot
@Husky
@Benjamin
tagging because mappers.

Attachments

• ratsaxxybug.dem
    1.8 MB · Views: 278
Could you post the map file?

Luckily this map is not on FF2.

At least on FF2 TX it isn't.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Chillix
Should we also improve ph_cargo_b7 since it's quite of a bad balanced map?

• Agree
Reactions: Teddi
So I started looking at the map ph_cargo_b7 asking myself why is a Prop Hunt map in a VSH / FF2 server?
I've found out the ladder on the right of the Blu spawn is supposed to be used from a player.
Also the Map Developer has committed so many mistakes that I'm giving up for an improvement.

I'm not replying to give you the update file of the map, I'm just going to ask if we could remove ph_cargo_b7 from both the vsh / ff2 servers.

As for the RatsSaxy map, I'm not exactly a mapper myself but I suggest putting a roof, maybe that will fix the whole bug problem.
Yeah but what about outdoors?
I've already suggested Husky [ who is working on it at this moment ] that he could completely change the map's look by putting "real" textures and also edit the map brushes a lil bit.

• Agree
Reactions: plutonists
Yeah but what about outdoors?
I've already suggested Husky [ who is working on it at this moment ] that he could completely change the map's look by putting "real" textures and also edit the map brushes a lil bit.
As for the RatsSaxy map, I'm not exactly a mapper myself but I suggest putting a roof, maybe that will fix the whole bug problem.
Basically, I was thinking of revamping it, while still keeping the same design and change something outside since the map is extremely plain and has bugs when you are looking through the roof in spawn

Should we also improve ph_cargo_b7 since it's quite of a bad balanced map?
What can you possible improve on cargo. It's clumsy, messy and a bad map. Wouldn't bother to have it removed instead as well.

Basically, I was thinking of revamping it, while still keeping the same design and change something outside since the map is extremely plain and has bugs when you are looking through the roof in spawn

So here's my "ratssaxy revamp" idea:

There's a container warehouse set place right in front of a sea with a pier that brings you looking at a moving Cargo Boat.

what do you think?

So here's my "ratssaxy revamp" idea:

Think about a Container warehouse set place right in front of a sea with a pier that brings you looking at a moving Cargo Boat.

what do you think?
if you want you can do it omegalul

if you want you can do it omegalul
I already have some work to do with my map and another one...

A weird level from a videogame that made history of 3D Platforms

Reactions: plutonists
So I started looking at the map ph_cargo_b7 asking myself why is a Prop Hunt map in a VSH / FF2 server?
I've found out the ladder on the right of the Blu spawn is supposed to be used from a player.
Also the Map Developer has committed so many mistakes that I'm giving up for an improvement.

I'm not replying to give you the update file of the map, I'm just going to ask if we could remove ph_cargo_b7 from both the vsh / ff2 servers.
What can you possible improve on cargo. It's clumsy, messy and a bad map. Wouldn't bother to have it removed instead as well.
I personally do not see a problem with cargo, why the hell do you want it to be removed? Hell, this thread isn't even about Cargo, why bring it up. Recently it's been like, "I don't like this map, lets remove it!" Some maps actually do have problems, and some don't. I personally only like removing maps that have exploits and glitches, not ones that are "unbalanced". And yes, if you go back far enough you can see at one point I did not stand on this point. Times change, and so must I.

Why do people want a rereworked Barn Night? Because people go to the little underground thing? Who cares! Just get there as boss before they set up and kill them. It's really simple. An example of a map that is glitchy or exploitable map is the 8th build of Skyhigh. The train was glitchy, often trapping players, and the balloon was able to be exploited. The 9th build of Sky did fix the balloon, but not so much the train. Who cares if a map is "unbalanced". It's like Smash Bros., every character has a main. Except it's maps and every map has a person who likes it.

This bug report is a great example of fixing a map, not changing it completely or adding stuff. It's meant to fix something, not change it.

Rant over

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Falkì
Why do people want a rereworked Barn Night? Because people go to the little underground thing? Who cares! Just get there as boss before they set up and kill them.

I want you to do it on vsh.

• Funny
Reactions: Falkì
I want you to do it on vsh.
Then have it changed for VSH only! If I can do it as a boss as basic as Painis Cupcake or Piss Cakehole, then I'm sure Saxton Hale or whatever bosses can do it to. I feel like a lot of the times FF2 is not even thought about. I know that FF2 is more leaned to the boss winning, but my god. Suggesting to remove a map that has no exploits or 'real' problems is dumb. Maybe some balancing needs to be done, and maybe all the VSH people agree on it. BUT WHAT ABOUT THE FF2 PEOPLE? The newly suggested rereworked version of Barn Night is just unneeded for FF2 as the reworked version is completely fine.
We can’t remove popular maps just cause people chose to camp. I agree that it makes the map incredibly difficult.
I love this quote by @Magglet. It might not have to deal with the situation at hand, but I love it. I see Cargo as an Engineer and Sticky Demo map. The secret spot under the boss' spawn is a wonderful place to setup. Is that what you mean by 'unbalanced'? I have a whole list of maps I think are unbalanced, and all the maps on are it. Some maps are made to be in a certain class' favor.

While I'm at it, lets suggest a reworked version of RatsSaxy! Everytime I go on VSH with that map, you guys just camp in your spawn and the boss usually loses. Lets add more paths from the spawn!

See what's happening?

I know, I might be bringing too much shit to this Bug Report, but geez. Changing how maps are and how they work can ruin the spirit behind the map.

Anyways, sorry for my intrusion. Work hard on fixing this bug!

Reactions: Magglet
Then have it changed for VSH only! If I can do it as a boss as basic as Painis Cupcake or Piss Cakehole, then I'm sure Saxton Hale or whatever bosses can do it to. I feel like a lot of the times FF2 is not even thought about. I know that FF2 is more leaned to the boss winning, but my god. Suggesting to remove a map that has no exploits or 'real' problems is dumb. Maybe some balancing needs to be done, and maybe all the VSH people agree on it. BUT WHAT ABOUT THE FF2 PEOPLE? The newly suggested rereworked version of Barn Night is just unneeded for FF2 as the reworked version is completely fine.

I love this quote by @Magglet. It might not have to deal with the situation at hand, but I love it. I see Cargo as an Engineer and Sticky Demo map. The secret spot under the boss' spawn is a wonderful place to setup. Is that what you mean by 'unbalanced'? I have a whole list of maps I think are unbalanced, and all the maps on are it. Some maps are made to be in a certain class' favor.

While I'm at it, lets suggest a reworked version of RatsSaxy! Everytime I go on VSH with that map, you guys just camp in your spawn and the boss usually loses. Lets add more paths from the spawn!

See what's happening?

I know, I might be bringing too much shit to this Bug Report, but geez. Changing how maps are and how they work can ruin the spirit behind the map.

Anyways, sorry for my intrusion. Work hard on fixing this bug!
Only Hale that really stands a chance on Baren is the vagineer; and even then, there's a high chances of just dying. The map is extremely unfair towards Hales.

The problem with the Map isn't that it's "difficult", is that it's blatantly disadvantageous and unfair towards players who choose to play as Hale. Camping is a part of every map, especially with Engineers - but having a map where the only chances of winning is really through an Ubered Hale (Vagineer) or a quick-swoosh into the underground in the immediates of spawning isn't really "fun".

• Agree
Reactions: Furken

Users who are viewing this thread