Declined Random Critz - Jailbreak (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
uh what server are you recommending this for? and perhaps a poll
EDIT
looked it to a bit, and it seems you only played on the jb server
Panda Community HLstatsX - Search - Google Chrome 3_28_2021 12_05_03 AM.png

Reactions: cheese
this has been suggested 500 times and every time the answer was no, I’m in favor for mini crits :), but blues definitely need them imo.

this has been suggested 500 times and every time the answer was no, I’m in favor for mini crits :), but blues definitely need them imo.
this is to disable random crits not remove blue crits.

• Scared
Reactions: Larry
Why would random crits even matter on JB lmaoooo. You are either on Blu and got 100 percent crits til warden dies or on Red where you have the chance to rebel and get weapons yourself if you are good enough. It’s not like you’re playing a comp match lmao, if you get random crit, nothing you can do abt it, that’s how the game works, and its fair considering the fact that blus have 100 percent crits.

• Agree
Reactions: Kazzy and Larry
I kinda agree to remove random crits but only under the circumstances of also removing blu crits otherwise the reds will not have a way to fight back. But still it feels kinda bullcrap when the same dude causes a fail round the 10th time by walking straight up to the warden and random crit him before he could react

since when....does someone....want RANDOM crits...to be removed....dude I’m trippin balls or something

But still it feels kinda bullcrap when the same dude causes a fail round the 10th time by walking straight up to the warden and random crit him before he could react
Sounds like as if the warden would be really incompetent then.

And really we will never have a session where there arent terrible wardens that would still die simply due to how bad they can be.

Sounds like as if the warden would be really incompetent then.

And really we will never have a session where there arent terrible wardens that would still die simply due to how bad they can be.
I mean yeah it mostly happens when the warden is incompetent (Like me at 12am in the morning) but I’d argue that its somewhat too punishing when someone can just cause a fail round randomly by praying to lord Gaben and press w+m1,maybe buff the hp of some classes so pyro or eyelander demoknight can survive a random crit?

random crits do not need to be removed at all and buffing HP is nonsense. if you are so incompetent that you die or let your warden die when you have full crits+random crits to repeated melee attacks then you should get better or just give up, it isn't hard to adapt to simple stuff like that, just have game sense, watch the reds and don't go near them so much.

its up to the guards to carry rounds, which they fully can do if they just pay attention to what's happening, I don't have the best skills in tf2 but if I do die to dumb stuff like that it's if I'm not paying attention or just playing around.

• Agree
Reactions: Kazzy
I mean yeah it mostly happens when the warden is incompetent (Like me at 12am in the morning) but I’d argue that its somewhat too punishing when someone can just cause a fail round randomly by praying to lord Gaben and press w+m1,maybe buff the hp of some classes so pyro or eyelander demoknight can survive a random crit?
Yeah but that isn’t the red’s fault lol. In any case it’s your fault for letting that failround happen. 100 Percent Crits can 1 shot almost any class in the game with most weapons. We don’t need a buff for HP, or anything like that, because what we have now works. Failrounds are usually the cause of incompetent and mediocre guards, not because of random crits, and if you do notice that you die to random crits a lot, just don’t get yourself in that position where you can die like that. People who complain about stuff like this are the same people who force and have 1 other guard and get rushed when they go into blu side mini games by themselves. The fact that reds can get any crits at all is fair, considering the basic instakill guards have until the warden dies, or the fact that you know.... they don’t have guns? Simply, you just gotta get good lmao.

Imagine wanting a game mechanic removed, can't think of anyone else who would want that *stares at @Vecomti *
:^)
But in all seriousness, if you are dying to a random crit is most likely that you are way too close to the red team or you are allowing them to get close to where they are delaying/force baiting

I might be a bit biased since I’m mostly on blu,I might even change my opinion later idk,but now I wanna share my own experience here as a blu.
In most maps,the cell areas are actually pretty small. Unless the warden is Obi wan and takes the high ground it takes less than 1 sec for scouts to rush up and deal 2 melee hits while other takes like at most 2 seconds to kill a blu. And at maps with super small cell areas (Ahem volcano) it wouldn’t even take even more than half a second. Lets not forget close corners,small blu side mini games like some in alakatra or hidden ammo spots (which are mostly likely the time they would rebel)takes less than half a second for someone to rush the warden while he’s distracted. The average human reaction speed is about 0.25 seconds so we already spent half the time trying to react with 0.25 seconds left.Now normally it already takes more than half a second to switch to your melee(since most people prefer to have their gun out most of the time). Unless you’re using a shotgun(Quick tip,only 2 out of 9 have) or a rocket launcher,you’ll be the rest 6/9 classes and would prefer taking out his melee and most likely be hit once unless you’re a scout or if tf2 melee is being itself,which already puts you in an disadvantage.
You would say “what about blu guarantee crits”? Well,let’s continue the situation. Now you’ve been hit once due to the delay in reaction time and weapon switch speed. Lets be optimistic and pretend the first hit isn’t a crit,and unless you’re super lucky,the next hit would have a huge chance for being a random crit? Both of you are in an even ground,with a 50/50 chance it seems pretty good right? However let’s not forget how the tf2 melee works,when you get attacked,you would backtrac as a normal reaction since walking forward means you’re walking towards the red group,which is a bad thing. Now let’s not forget in tf2 melee,the one walking forward will automatically have an advantage for having a longer melee range. So the warden,with guarantee crits,is acrually having a disadvantage when a red faces him due to random crits. Moreover if 1 rebels,it is likely that 1-2 would follow up,so now you’re 45% or even 40% chance of surviving turned into a 20% chance. Welp,good luck on winning that because I guarantee you the blus won’t stick to you 24/7 because they need to watch the other reds.(Or worse,if you’re a blu nobody would help if you’re getting rushed)Oh you didn’t clutch a 1v2 where you only have a 20% chance of winning? Such an incompetent blu
(Don’t forget the worst situation where you don’t even have a chance to fight back because the first hit is a random)

TLDR: Gurantee crits does not give blus an advantage but instead because of random crits+reaction time+how tf2 melee works+number advantage of reds,gives you an disadvantage. And most of the time getting face to face melee fight with a red is unavoidable unless you’re an inactive warden

So yeah,that’s why I think even if you’re allowing random crits there should be someway to compensate it like a hp buff,but that is a topic for another day.....

• Funny
Reactions: Larry
I might be a bit biased since I’m mostly on blu,I might even change my opinion later idk,but now I wanna share my own experience here as a blu.
In most maps,the cell areas are actually pretty small. Unless the warden is Obi wan and takes the high ground it takes less than 1 sec for scouts to rush up and deal 2 melee hits while other takes like at most 2 seconds to kill a blu. And at maps with super small cell areas (Ahem volcano) it wouldn’t even take even more than half a second. Lets not forget close corners,small blu side mini games like some in alakatra or hidden ammo spots (which are mostly likely the time they would rebel)takes less than half a second for someone to rush the warden while he’s distracted. The average human reaction speed is about 0.25 seconds so we already spent half the time trying to react with 0.25 seconds left.Now normally it already takes more than half a second to switch to your melee(since most people prefer to have their gun out most of the time). Unless you’re using a shotgun(Quick tip,only 2 out of 9 have) or a rocket launcher,you’ll be the rest 6/9 classes and would prefer taking out his melee and most likely be hit once unless you’re a scout or if tf2 melee is being itself,which already puts you in an disadvantage.
You would say “what about blu guarantee crits”? Well,let’s continue the situation. Now you’ve been hit once due to the delay in reaction time and weapon switch speed. Lets be optimistic and pretend the first hit isn’t a crit,and unless you’re super lucky,the next hit would have a huge chance for being a random crit? Both of you are in an even ground,with a 50/50 chance it seems pretty good right? However let’s not forget how the tf2 melee works,when you get attacked,you would backtrac as a normal reaction since walking forward means you’re walking towards the red group,which is a bad thing. Now let’s not forget in tf2 melee,the one walking forward will automatically have an advantage for having a longer melee range. So the warden,with guarantee crits,is acrually having a disadvantage when a red faces him due to random crits. Moreover if 1 rebels,it is likely that 1-2 would follow up,so now you’re 45% or even 40% chance of surviving turned into a 20% chance. Welp,good luck on winning that because I guarantee you the blus won’t stick to you 24/7 because they need to watch the other reds.(Or worse,if you’re a blu nobody would help if you’re getting rushed)Oh you didn’t clutch a 1v2 where you only have a 20% chance of winning? Such an incompetent blu
(Don’t forget the worst situation where you don’t even have a chance to fight back because the first hit is a random)

TLDR: Gurantee crits does not give blus an advantage but instead because of random crits+reaction time+how tf2 melee works+number advantage of reds,gives you an disadvantage. And most of the time getting face to face melee fight with a red is unavoidable unless you’re an inactive warden
or you can stay a good distance away from reds and ask a blue to stay with you (I know it’s hard). it’s easier said than done but many things can be done to prevent it.

• Agree
Reactions: Kazzy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread