Declined Racer911-1 Admin Application for US Jailbreak (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Racer911-1

Username
  • Steam: Racer911-1
  • Discord: Racer911-1#4467
Steam32 ID
  • Steam32 ID: STEAM_0:0:7031208
Your Age
    • Meets Criteria for the minimum age requirement
  • Birthday: 01.11.2003
Current playtime on relevant server(s)
  • Playtime US Jailbreak: 18d 23:39:12h
    • Meets Criteria for the minimum playtime of 72 hours
    • Note: My sessions may not look so good as of now since I rather recently came back, but they will look better in the next couple of days/weeks
Link to your Sourcebans record
  • Ban List | Panda Community SourceBans - 2 Bans (First Ban is invalid)
    • Last Ban: 26.08.2017
      • Meets Criteria for no punishments in the last 1.5 months
    • Note: First Ban was appealed here
      • Unimportant comment: Looking back at that unban appeal I realized how easily my appeal could've been declined back then with the things I said.
  • Communications Block List | Panda Community SourceBans - 2 Communication Blocks
    • Last Communiction Block: 31.01.2017
      • Meets Criteria for No punishments in the last 1.5 months
(If relevant) Who gave you permission to apply?
  • Not relevant since I meet the age requirement, aswell as the server being in the available positions list.
  • However to be on the safe side I still asked Madact if applications where up to date and she said yes I'm free to apply.
Server to are applying for
  • Server(s): US Jailbreak
General online times & time zone
  • Time zone: CET (Central European Time); UTC +1
  • General Online times:
    • Monday - Thursday: 14:30 - 21:00
    • Friday: 15:30 - 0:00
    • Saturday and public holidays: 8:00 - 0:00
    • Sunday: 8:00 - 21:00
Do you have a working microphone?
(This is required for Jailbreak admins)

• Required since I apply for US Jailbreak
  • I have a working Microphone (3- TONOR TC-777)
Previous experience as Admin or Moderator
(Mostly in games, other experience is valid if sufficiently relevant)

What would you say makes you a suitable candidate?
(Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.)

Well that may come up as unexpected since I resigned not too long ago (little over 4 months), however not too long after that things started to worsen for me. I wont go into details what happened but lets just say I became rather unhappy.
Anyway I decided to reapply for various reasons I feel are important.
  • Time Zone: Looking up on the Staff list, Zee seems to be the only non US admin so far. And since there is a 6 Hour gap from the US to Europe it could help if I were to fill in the "blind spot" for the US admins and assissting Zee at the same time.
  • Highly Dedicated: Okay that feels like self promotion which I don't like doing. However I can't help but think that this is simply a fact that has to be mentioned. During my short time as a gameserver admin I had handled calls from almost every server going as high up as taking over 200 calls in 14 days, Posting a few helper threads and assisting many players that needed help in one way or another. However from last time my High dedication kinda gave a bad effect to me and a few others, therefore I will hopefully get it better under control this time, if given the chance.
  • Personal Reasons: Well I guess everyone has atleast one. In my case it is because this place is the only location where there are people that I know and can talk with. When I resigned I hoped to find new people to meet, but that backfired and I was alone for a while until I came back to this community. Being an admin lets me have an easier time to help out others and possibly make new friends.
Punishments:
  • Warnings: Giving out warnings to the player(s) is the first measure taken. Depending on what it is it can be between 1-3 warnings before I use the appropiate punishment on the specified player.
  • Punishments: Players will have a total of 6 punishments for (most) General server and Communication bans. For (most) Jailbreak specific punishments (Guardbans) they will have a total of 4 punishments
  • General Punishment list:
    • Warnings: See above
    • 1st punishment: 480 mins (8 hours)
    • 2nd punishment: 1440 mins (1 day)
    • 3rd punishment: 4320 mins (3 days)
    • 4th punishment: 10080 mins (1 week)
    • 5th punishment: 43200 mins (1 month)
    • 6th punishment: Permanent (99999 mins for server bans during trial phase)
  • Jailbreak specific punishments list:
    • Freekilling, Freehitting, Baiting, etc...
      • 1st punishment: 120 min guardban (2 hours)
      • 2nd punishment: 240 min guardban (4 hours)
      • 3rd punishment: 360 min guardban (6 hours)
      • 4th punishment: Permanent guardban
    • Mass Freekilling
      • 1st Punishment: Permanent guardban and 1 week server ban
  • Other specific punishments list:
    • Cheating/Use of 3rd party tools:
      • 1st Punishment: Permanent
        • Note: Recorded demo will be provided as evidence
    • Advertising Cheats/3rd party tools:
      • Warnings: Depending on the Situation
      • 1st Punishment: Permanent communication ban depending whether voice or text chat was used
    • NSFW/NSFL Spray:
      • 1st Punishment: Permanent Spray ban
Other Additional Information

In the past you were assigned my "mentor" and we both were admins on jb not too long ago so I'm very familiar with you compared to most people. My opinion might be a bit controversial however because I'm not in favor of having you accepted as an admin figure on jailbreak.

Sure I thought you did (mostly) ok work on the forums/discord here and there, but how you handled rulebreakers on the server from my memory was extremely poor. Occasionally either being really unnecessary and strict to favoring certain people ect. I remember you telling everyone you had some form of autism. I don't want to say this completelely plays role in having those previously mentioned issues, but how you play and act in my opinion I wouldn't want someone with a mental disability to make tough administrive decisions on the server as again I've seen at times how you handled pressure on the server before. I've had the chance to talk with all the current jailbreak admins about this and I don't think I'm mistaken on anything written above here.

It'll have to be a -1 from me

Hello Racer, It has been awhile and Ill just say that I'm quite happy to see you back with the community! Ill try to make this short.

I'll be frank, I already decided what my response was gonna be when I first saw you apply days ago, As you've pointed out my time-zone nearly aligns perfectly with yours, So we've had time to see each other in action, I don't think I've ever seen anything that would turn me off of your Administrator-ship in my time on JB nor will I really contest Bambi's take on you, Having said that personally I would've loved to see your punishment time be dulled a-little since I think going strong with 8 hours with the first punishment might a little to harsh, Especially when it jumps straight to a whole day after that with the second punishment.

On another note, Don't you think you've applied a little too quickly after you came back? Your sessions have barely picked up and you already want to administrate the servers, Not to mention that the gap from your resignation and re-application frankly isn't that long.

Which leads to what I think is the biggest problem of your application, I don't like how your personal problems drove you into applying to some extent, I think you'd find it more fulfilling to let go of such responsibility and focus on relaxing and playing the game. It can become somewhat frustrating dealing with the incessant bickering around when there's an admin around that can rob the fun from the game-mode, I'm not here to psycho-analyze you but I think you should at-least think about it more thoroughly before you go ahead with committing.

For now I'll have to say Im neutral, But I'm not unwilling to change it to either a -1 or a +1 later.

Edit: -1

Last edited by a moderator:
Salutations Racer, Thanks for taking your time to apply.

Overall, your app is great. You were a good admin back then handling reports and appeals. Punishment wise it looks good and closely standard to our punishment guidelines although with a tiny difference. Your timezone can benefit those calls in late night jb calls.

I want to mention what bambi said about your "old habits". That being is that I want you to grow out of these habits. Try to know when is the great time to act and when is a great time not to. You can always ask us when if this is ok or not. I also personally don't mind your autism what bambi said as in my opinion , you can apply even if you have autism.

Another thing I want to mention is your potential burnout. My advice is to pace yourself and try to make the most out of jailbreak. You aren't the only one racer, I had the same situation like you.

With that being said, I want you to take Bambi's feedback as a quest that you can prove yourself that you changed.

VOTE:
Neutral

Putting aside my dislike for you for snitching on me, I think you were a good admin before you resigned. You do have a strong point about fulfilling that 6 hour gap, and I know many people like you. However, I have noticed that you sometimes are a little stricter with some people, and lenient with others. Do with that information what you will.

I know this is not really my domain but I just want to point out that we have had staff members on the spectrum before that has done their job impeccably.

Obviously apps are handled by case to case basis and the applicant's personality is always a relevant criterion. With that said; being autistic is not inherently incompatible with being admin so please keep that in mind when discussing this further boys and girls. ?

Hey Racer,

It looks like the new trials are trying to take my title as the essay writer on the jb team, so I guess I have to do something about that. Due to our schedules not really ever lining up (doesn't help that this is the middle of midterm season for me), I haven't really seen you on too often so I can't speak a whole lot to your in game actions but nothing I've seen has sent up many red flags. Bambi does bring up some concerns, including a few others that weren't mentioned on this thread, and while I don't agree with all of them the points about being quick to punish/ missing factors in punishing has shown up a few points and has some validity. I know this isn't coming from the choir here, but it is a valid concern. I will counter point that with you being very active in the forum and dealing with the massive amounts of reports we always get when you were last on the team and you do help cover a time zone that really only one of us currently covers.

I generally think those cancel out, but they are worth mentioning. What I am most nervous about is the quick turnaround from your previous application and why you left last time. One of the reasons that you left was due to burnout of tf2/ jb (understandable) but coming back fairly quickly and playing a lot does make me nervous that something similar will happen. You were on jb for a few months after transferring over from vsh and then stepped down a little bit later. I'm hesitant that the same thing will happen again and if the level of activity you've shown will continue if you get accepted. I'll also echo Zee's sentiment on the personal reasons, being an admin doesn't instantly make you popular (I am living testament to this) and while I think you rank above me (most do), it is something that factors into this. So at the moment I am going to give a -1 due to the reliability concerns previously mentioned. It is good to see you on again and perhaps with a little more time on the server things will shape up differently, but at the moment I'm hesitant about saying yes.

Hello again!

First off nice to see you around again I did miss ya.

First off I am just as concerned about all the problems brought up previously as the people who brought them up are but I won't bother repeating what they said as that is a waste of time for all of us.

I'm also not a big fan of people hopping in and out of the admin team based solely on when they feel like playing, are you applying because your friends have come back to play jailbreak for another month before they leave again prompting you to "grow tired of administrating" or because you genuinely want to be an admin again? This is especially a concern since you've only been back for a few weeks.

Considering everything else brought up by other admins as well, I am afraid I will be leaving a -1 for now but don't let that hold you down, if you can show that you will stick around I'll be more than happy to change my mind.

Hello Racer

I can't come up with more points than the ones others have already brought up, however from what very little I see you on the server you seemed ok, but the issues people talked about I do not think I can give you anything besides a -1 for the time being.

I said that I want to respond to the feedback all of you gave me, but now I realize that there is a lot to unpack so I have no idea where to start. There is much more that I want to say than I am about to, but I think just talking about the most important feedback should suffice, from my perspective at the very least.

I remember you telling everyone you had some form of autism. I don't want to say this completelely plays role in having those previously mentioned issues, but how you play and act in my opinion I wouldn't want someone with a mental disability to make tough administrive decisions on the server
Its true that I have autism. And while it has already been discussed I just want to get a bit off my chest aswell since your choice of words bothered me slightly
And it may be careless of me to say that, however I am not so concerned to give out information about myself. I am specifically diagnosed with HFA (High Functioning Autism). I just wanted to make that out for the ones that take these kind of things very seriosuly.

Anyway calling autism a "mental disability" is technically right, but I would appreciate it if you did not make it sound so terrible, taking into account that I (and supposedly others on the spectrum) had already administrated before, which seemed to have had little issues

Having said that personally I would've loved to see your punishment time be dulled a-little since I think going strong with 8 hours with the first punishment might a little to harsh, Especially when it jumps straight to a whole day after that with the second punishment.
Haha I should've known that this would be mentioned and I am kind of shotting myself in the foot for agreeing with it.
But I wanted to have the punishments scale up nicely in a way where none of it seems to be out of place when taking a quick glance, while still having the 5th ban be a month (since it is somewhat the norm).
I had thought about different punishment times aswell but I wasnt quite pleased with this.
Example: 240 > 720 > 1440 > 10080 > 43200 > permanent (too much of a gap there)
One Solution I just came up with by myself, and feel content with (altough that depends on what you think), is by adding time depending on the previous punishment.
My "Solution":
  • 240 > 720
  • 360 > 720
  • 480 > 1440
  • 720 > 1440
  • 1440 > 4320
  • 4320 > 10080
  • 10080 > 43200
  • 43200 > permanent

On another note, Don't you think you've applied a little too quickly after you came back?
Yes

I want to mention what bambi said about your "old habits". That being is that I want you to grow out of these habits.
Im sorry but I have a hard time understanding what you mean by "grow out".
I can't think of anything other than the "autism" part that you're trying to call out as a habit of mine. And if true... no can do. Autism is reasonably the Foundation of all my habits. There is simply no way for me to just "grow out" of Autism.
You likely meant something else, yet I can not figure it out myself, so if possible I'd like to know what you actually meant.

Another thing I want to mention is your potential burnout. My advice is to pace yourself and try to make the most out of jailbreak.
"Experience is key to learning". Thats what I think atleast.
Never did I have any burnouts before, and I didn't think it would have such a weird effect on me. I guess I had done so much at that time, that I felt bored, rather than burnt out. And a while after that, I had gotten my normal eagerness back, which made me reapply.
So I want to promise as much as I can to keep it at a normal pace.

Zee's sentiment on the personal reasons, being an admin doesn't instantly make you popular
You either misunderstood me, or I misunderstood you.
I did not apply to be more popular.
But rather that having an admin position, lets me interact more with people that I can either help, or make friends with.
Sure I can do some of these things without being an admin, but I feel too restricted otherwise to make a move, which makes things much too difficult for me.

are you applying because your friends
Friends?
have come back to play jailbreak for another month before they leave again prompting you to "grow tired of administrating" or because you genuinely want to be an admin again?
I am sure that what I genuinely want to be an admin again, what I did shortly before resigning was a mistake on my part that I simply had no experience with yet.

Which leads to what I think is the biggest problem of your application, I don't like how your personal problems drove you into applying to some extent, I think you'd find it more fulfilling to let go of such responsibility and focus on relaxing and playing the game. It can become somewhat frustrating dealing with the incessant bickering around when there's an admin around that can rob the fun from the game-mode, I'm not here to psycho-analyze you but I think you should at-least think about it more thoroughly before you go ahead with committing.
What I am most nervous about is the quick turnaround from your previous application and why you left last time. One of the reasons that you left was due to burnout of tf2/ jb (understandable) but coming back fairly quickly and playing a lot does make me nervous that something similar will happen.
I'm hesitant that the same thing will happen again and if the level of activity you've shown will continue if you get accepted
Okay this is very hard to give a clear awnser since it is not so simple. And Frankly, I had overlooked/ignored that part as an issue, since from my mind, I thought it would not be so much of an issue.
But here it is, being the very main reason to not have me on your team.
There is not really anyone to blame, but me, for pulling off that action. And your concerns are very much justified. I am not sure how to respond to that, without bringing up more concerns or confusions.
All I can tell is that from my own perspective, that it has already been a few weeks, and how I am wildy different than over a month ago.

I don't hope to change your votes with my awnsers, but I want to atleast make sure you can understand me slightly better with my intentions.

And to end it all off. I am overall happy for the Feedback I recieved, even if they are all -1's (except for you @TRGGB2).
It lets me patch up the mistakes to help me prepare my next application.
I am not so sure what will happen now, whether it will be under review to let Kevin give the final say, or an auto-decline. Probably the latter for the more obvious reasons.
However that does not mean I want to retract my application, as it could give off a bad impression.

Did not double check for mistakes before posting but whatever...

Salutation part 2 Racer

Sorry for confusing you with this statement. I didn't mean to "grow out of autism" as that would be extremely stupid as hell. As I said "I also personally don't mind your autism what bambi said as in my opinion , you can apply even if you have autism." What I actually meant was this part what bambi said.

Occasionally either being really unnecessary and strict to favoring certain people ect.
There were other points bambi mentioned during our discussion. What leads me to my main concern is if you would actually do this when you have your admin powers back, but I am confident that you wouldn't do this. Don't make me regret saying that.

I want to mention I am considering changing my vote if you improve your mistakes which I didn't leave in my original feedback and semi said it as well. I have no issues +1 you if you fix your mistakes and take what the jailbreak team said to you.

Not everyone on the jailbreak team is -1 so this means it goes under review. I'm surprised you decided to stick with it instead of retracting. Usually applicants would and I thought you would when you mentioned you'd respond in your application to everyone's feedback. I was wrong with my assumption! So I'm sorry for that, even though you probably didn't know that I thought you would.

Any questions or inactivity during under review please let me know. Good luck ::):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread