Accepted Rabid's Application for Panda NY Trade (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid

-My name/nickname: I prefer to go by my steam name, so most people just call me Rabid.

-Permission: N/A

-Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:85163710

-Online Times and Timezone: I am in ET (Eastern Time), and online generally in the afternoon starting around 2-3ish about everyday, and I generally go offline around 10-11ish my time. Times may very by about an hour or so, but I can come online for something if needed assuming I have no prior commitments.

-Servers I Play on/am Applying for: I primarily play on NY Trade, but sometimes play on NY 2Fort. I would like to apply for NY Trade, but I would be willing to go to other servers if needed, but I am not familiar with all server specific rules.

-Mic Status: I do have a mic, however I am usually a man a few words and prefer to use text chat, but I will use it if needed.

-Previous Experience as Admin or Mod: I have no prior experience as an admin or mod.

-Experience Working with SourceMod: I have no experience with SourceMod, however I am a quick learner and would be eager to learn how to use it.

-Why You Should Pick Me: It is my understanding that NY Trade is in need of more active admins. I am able to keep a level head the majority of the time, but it would be remiss of me to not mention if people start picking on my friends or trash talking I have been known to toss out an insult or two if they deserve it. Otherwise, I am a pretty level headed, relaxed, and logical person who could serve as a fair and impartial admin.

-Policies/Punishments: I would let someone know what they are doing wrong, and only administer a punishment if absolutly necessary, and with proper evidence that supports the need to administer said punishment. However, I am intolerant of racial slurs and malicious harassment, both in voice and text chat. The offender will receive a single warning, after which, if anything is said with a similar intention, they will receive a gag/mute for at least 30 minutes. If they continue, the offender will be kicked. If someone reports a hacker, I will personally check to see if they are in fact hacking, if they are they will be banned on the spot. As for server specific rules, I will warn the offender once if it is a moderate offence, but will take fitting and immediate action for more major offences. In the event harmless bind and chat spam, such as spamming music over the mic, I would prefer to advise people to simply mute the person or, if most people are mic spamming, simply use voice_enable 0 for voice or hud_saytext_time 0 for chat. I also believe new players should not be harassed simply for not being very good at the game, and would ask people to back off verbal harassment, and would ask players to instead give the new player tips to improve. This is a community after all, so I would do everything in my power to make it feel like one, from talking to current members, to welcoming and helping new players to the community.

Hello,

Madact requested you to screenshot your hlx stats. Just go in-game and type !rank in chat, screenshot your playtime and post it here.

good luck

Reactions: Chae and Madact
So once I started coming onto trade, it's around the time I met rabid. During conversation on the server, I mentioned the fact that the server has really no admins and that trade isn't that difficult to handle. It's a perfect place for a new administrator. This is where Rabid gained interest and talked for a bit.
He's decent. I don't believe I've seen him being unpleasant. I have noticed though you had beef with a user/player from some other community and you copied and pasted their comment onto the server of them being upset? Whatever that drama is, it's best you don't give the wrong impression by doing this sort of thing.
Also I don't see you report at all. You seem to also mention in your application that mic spam or general spam is just a 'you have to mute via console' and not actually stating it is a gag/mute offence. I know the server has a message that pops up about it but that's because of the lack of admins that this message is displayed.
You seem to decently fit in however and be in the background, which is good. You mentioned to me your main goal really is to deal with the hackers that come on and that's fine, you just gotta also realize that there are other problems that can arise. Do you know the other server specific rules?
Also you mentioned about insulting someone 'if they deserve it'. Would be wise if you didn't and I believe you know that.

Overall though, you're very active and don't cause that much trouble. Most of my comments nitpick, but you have to understand I don't want someone just to sign up for admin to do the bare minimum.
I believe with the right mentoring you'll be a decent admin. I've watched you in the shadows (It's needed when the server doesn't have gameME) and really there are no major issues. Very pleased with your attitude in join into small conversations with regulars. Just that one weird copy paste and a step up in your commitment and policies. Something that can easily be transitioned in trial admin phase.

+1

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: Chae and Rabid
I appreciate the feedback you have given me, and I am completely willing to change how I act to better reflect the position and Panda as a whole. I am willing to make my policies much better and be more committed to deal with issues both big and small. I am always open to constructive criticism and willing to change and evolve, and would love to receive mentoring from someone experienced so that I can become a respectable and likable admin.

I do hope to see the small improvements from you, and if you do get accepted it can be something we can build upon.
I'm going to put this under review as the only admin mark for NY trade has voted. Any other feedback will probably have to be given to @Luigi123 or Kevin.

accepted, welcome in the team.

unsure yet who your mentor is going to be so i'll put me up for now, should you have any questions feel free to ask anytime.

Reactions: Madact
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread