Declined Quiet down everyone! The warden is talking! (1 Viewer)

Have a warden mute command that can be used once per round?

• Yes

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 75.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jose Stalino

Ever since this whole COVID-19 thing has started, I’ve noticed that more more the blu tram is being filled with little kids that overtalk the warden, causing many reds and even blus to not know what is going on. Even if the warden says all blus/reds off mic for 30 seconds, it barely works half the time causing deaths of people who couldn’t even hear the warden give that order due to themself, or others over talking. The warden mute command will allow the warden once per round (or how many times the redux allows it). Let me start out with the actual pros and cons now:
Pros:
  • Would allow the warden a moment of peace and quiet just to get orders out.
  • This would reduce the accidental deaths caused by talking during a time when not allowed on both red and blu team.
  • Would cause less repeats if the warden could talk by themself with nobody else talking.
Cons:
(Unless this can be used once per round I don’t remember off the top of my head) Wardens can abuse this setting so no blus or reds can talk besides themself the whole round.

I am 99.9999% sure that the con I mentioned isn’t even possible, but I’m sure it can be fixed in the source code somehow, or a rule could be made that makes the command used once, either way this is a command that would help jailbreak wardens get orders out, and blus and reds to understand what the warden is saying without 1 million repeats being needed. :)

Um..My opinion would be a no
I’ve noticed that more more the blu tram is being filled with little kids that overtalk the warden, causing many reds and even blus to not know what is going on. Even if the warden says all blus/reds off mic for 30 seconds, it barely works half the time causing deaths of people who couldn’t even hear the warden give that order due to themself, or others over talking.

Look, I know little kids at my age would be annoying talking on mic but if this was implemented I assure you it would not solve them to Stop talking. My argument would be if this was to be implemented it won't change anything. These kids REALLY want to talk on the mic and all they get is a "STFU" or other comments that resort in a negative way. Most of these little kids have over less than 100 hours of playtime and hop onto BLU clueless and start speaking on the mic which could be very annoying. This ends up the kid muted or gag and leave the server with A "FUCK YOU!" or "SHIT SERVER!"
(Unless this can be used once per round I don’t remember off the top of my head) Wardens can abuse this setting so no blus or reds can talk besides themself the whole round.
This is true and you can start to see the problem. Would you like a warden that mutes ALL the guards for the entire round?

Sorry to be negative. Overall, my opinion on my side.

• Agree
Reactions: Addster and vinny
This isn't a bad idea at all, but I still stay no. We could try alternative methods, though.

Maybe a button (on the warden menu) the warden could press that would tell the server to be quiet for a few seconds.
Maybe admins could resort to 24/7 jailbreak patrol and spam the "shut up" command every time warden speaks. Not gonna happen.
Maybe we could just, stop talking when the warden is. Most of these suggestions can be easily solved with logic, but it's not always that easy.

Honestly, if you hear the warden talk, just stop talking. Makes everyone's life easier.

I'm not sure why, but something deep inside me gives me the feeling that asking people to not overtalk the warden when the server is very busy and filled with 12 year olds who overtalk the warden is not going to help.

Need more admins who are active so they can mute them for overtalking.
Also a good plan, but that won't cut it either. Admins are not going to be online all the time, even during busy hours. Implementing the warden mute thing is going to be a lot easier than recruiting a bunch of skilled and active admins.

I voted yes by the way; the mute is only needed at one point, which is when everyone is alive at the start of the game. The warden can choose to voice mute everyone except themself for 30 seconds once per round. That should be way enough time to get out those crucial first orders without everyone dying. And how is this abusable? It's not. The warden is the only player who is obliged to talk in voice chat, 30 seconds of silence from everyone else is not a big deal. You're not gagged, you can still type.

And EVEN IF that is not enough, you can always restrict the command to a minimum amount of players, say 12 or 16 or whatever. I really don't see an issue here

P.S. There is also no way to punish overtalking blues currently without the illegal FF or an admin being online, so that's a thing too

I think this is a decent idea but has to be implemented better (aka only for 20 seconds or so once a round to avoid abuse). I think it is worth exploring as it can be really hard to get a repeat on things only to die instantly. Nothing ruins jb more than just dying at the beginning of multiple rounds because you couldn't understand an order with everyone overtalking and you just sit there. Especially bad with certain wardens who very intentionally use the entire round time.

• Agree
Reactions: vinny
It’s in the redux

sm_wmute or sm_wardenmute
And its permanent/until warden unmutes which would be abused by strict wardens to have a completely silent round taking a lot of fun away from jb. There is no good solution to this unless someone wants to bother to code it in to be temporary and have a delay between uses.

I know its only been a day, but the feedback seems pretty clear along with votes as to how this is going to end up. I'm going to decline this.

Simple solution. If people are constantly over talking warden, use !calladmin. We are fortunate to have very active admins and most of the calls for jailbreak in general end up getting handled. If no admin ever responds you are free to submit a player report here on the forums.

Reactions: vinny and Roar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread