Declined purple's Admin Application #1 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamhuman

Your name and/or nickname
I am known as purple (occasionally "orange") online, and my real name is Nick.

Your age
I am 18 years old.

Who gave you permission to apply?
I was given permission to apply by Bambi on April 15, 2020 at 6:44 PM EST).

Your Steam32 ID
STEAM_1:1:60726659

Your general online times and your timezone
I am normally on from 3 PM - 10 PM (EST). I have strict parents so I can't ask to be on any time before or after these times.

Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?
I am interested in applying for the NY Jailbreak server, but I don't mind being a staff or taking care of reports on other servers.

Do you have a microphone?
Yes, I own a working and clear microphone

Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator
I was a staff member on War3Evo (Jailbreak) for a few months a small community that became inactive. Additionally, I was a staff member on Wonderland.tf, which I left due to loss of interest and personal issues I had which I'm only willing to discuss under DM's. I have some experience on a few other Jailbreak communities from years back, one of them being a community known as PBFortress, but I do not remember how long I was staff there.

Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?
I have years of SourceMod experience, which I picked up from all the servers I've been staff on previously.

Why should we choose you to be part of our team?
Although I haven't been part of this community for too long, I feel that I am used to how everything works here. I am well-versed in the rules, and I well-known within the community. I am respectful to other players, and I am always enforcing rules to help everyone understand how Jailbreak works. After 7 years of playing Jailbreak, I've realized that it's always packed with complications and has an expansive list decrees, and sometimes people just need a refresher every so often. I can offer my knowledge toothers so issues are prevented in the future. And most importantly, I am capable of disciplining other players to make sure they learn from mistakes and punishments (I've taken care of kids for most of my life, so yeah, and it has definitely helped me deal with players online). This is an attribute very important for staff to have to take control of a server or issue.

Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.

I've been staff for many communities, and I find that punishments are meant to keep players from causing trouble, not from flatting out quitting the server. The punishments I have listed are to (hopefully) guide players in the right direction.

Micspamming or Chatspamming, or overly provocative behavior (sm_gag, sm_mute, sm_silence)

- Give a clear warning
- 180 (minutes, 3 hours)
- 360 (6 hours)
- 720 (12 hours)
- 1,440 (1 day)
- 10,080 (7 days, 1 week)
- 43,200 (4 weeks, 1 month)
- 0 (Permanent)

Racism, racial slurs, or oppression that is clearly offensive (sm_gag, sm_mute, sm_silence)

- Give a VERY clear warning
- 360 (minutes, 6 hours)
- 720 (12 hours)
- 1,440 (1 day)
- 20,160 (2 weeks)
- 0 (Permanent)

No microphone (on the BLU team) (sm_teamban)

- 0 (Permanent until mic is shown)

Freekill (Including killing Freedays) [sm_slay, sm_teamban]

- Slay and referral to our Jailbreak rules via the forums
- 180 (minutes, 3 hours)
- 360 (6 hours)
- 720 (12 hours)
- 1,440 (1 day)
- 43,200 (30 days, 1 month)
- 0 (Permanent)

Not knowing rules in general (Baiting, armory camping favortism, etc.) [sm_slay, sm_teamban]

- 180 (minutes, 3 hours)
- 360 (6 hours)
- 720 (12 hours)
- 1,440 (1 day)
- 0 (Permanent)

AFK on BLU team (sm_swapteam or sm_spec, and sm_teamban)

- Swap player to RED team or SPECTATOR
- 180 (minutes, 3 hours)
- 360 (6 hours)
- 720 (12 hours)
- 1,440 (1 day)
- 0 (Permanent)

Overtalking Warden (On the BLU team) [sm_slay, sm_mute]

- Warning either via sm_csay or directly in chat or microphone
- Slay
- 180 (minutes, 3 hours)
- 360 (6 hours)
- 720 (12 hours)
- 1,440 (24 hours, 1 day)
- 0 (Permanent)

Overtalking Warden (On the RED team) [sm_mute]

This is situational. A Warden will rule them KOS, but if I notice that this particular player constantly overtalks warden, refer to my punishments on mic/chat spamming. Overtalking the warden is against the rules, no matter what team the player is on.

Exploiting (Specifically ammo-glitching) [sm_slay, sm_kick]

- Slay and offer advice to rejoin game to prevent ammo-glitching from happening again
- Slay and kick from the server to prevent recurrences of ammo-glitching for that particular session (or just a kick)
- Proceed to ban for:
- 180 (minutes, 3 hours)
- 360 (6 hours)
- 720 (12 hours)
- 0 (Permanent)

Any other kind of Exploiting that requires planning and is on purpose (sm_slay, sm_ban)

- Slay and FIRM warning
- 720 (minutes, 12 hours)
- 4,320 (3 days)
- 10,080 (1 week)
- 20,160 (14 days, 2 weeks)
- 0 (Permanent)

Cheating, Hacking, DDoS (with proof) [sm_ban]

- 0 (Permanent, with a full-admins Permission)

Useful Information
HLSTATS: https://hlstats.panda-community.com/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=517150
CHAT: https://hlstats.panda-community.com/hlstats.php?mode=chathistory&player=517150
SESSIONS: https://hlstats.panda-community.com/hlstats.php?mode=playersessions&player=517150
ACTIONS/EVENTS: https://hlstats.panda-community.com/hlstats.php?mode=playerhistory&player=517150
BANS: https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_1:1:60726659&Submit=Search
COMMS: https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=commslist&searchText=STEAM_1:1:60726659&Submit=Search

Current Admins

Full Admins
@Ranger Ciri
@Bambi

Trial Admins
@Gold
@Semicolon Backslash

Edit: Oh and @Sin.

Last edited:
Pros
Overall decent app

I found no dirt on you from war3evo so good job

From what I’ve seen on Panda you definitely struck me as possible admin material

Calls or dms me when there is a problem on the server

some sparse rule enforcing in chat

cons

you like jb_quake

You have a different stack method for each offense which is very hard to keep track of, better to just use one system for bans maybe another for comms and one for teambans (also here at panda we perm ban on the sixth punishment not the seventh)

Later teambans are way too high (Remember teambans only tick down while you are connected as opposed to comms or bans) generally stacking ends with a perm at the 4th punishment

Looking at your history with Wonderland it seems you used to have random spurts of inactivity and toxicity I haven’t seen any on Panda yet but this is a concern.

you just started playing on March 23rd which was only a few weeks ago which is a lot shorter of a timespan than most other applicants.

Overall good application fix your punishments and continue to prove that you have grown since your wonderland days but for now I’m going to have to stay Neutral you haven’t been here long enough to show that these past events from wonderland are really past you and your punishments need work, fix these and continue being active for a bit longer and you’ll be on your way to get a +1 from me.

Just taking a quick glance at the application, it's not too comfortable for the eye lmao but it is quite detailed (if not too much, not a problem though ofc). In my recent days of playing jb I don't think I've encountered you just yet because as @Semicolon Backslash says you're still rather new but judging by this application you seem to be putting in some effort.

My only problem however is you have quite the history in being untrustworthy, abusive in terms of admin powers and toxic, if not anything else (https://wonderland.tf/threads/purples-application-3rd.6406/#post-32753). I have a hard time knowing if you're fit for admin or not with this behavior, I still see this as a reason preventing me from giving you a +1 so I'll do you a favour and give my final vote some time.

Last edited:
I've been hearing mixed opinions about you in regards to your time in wonderland. Some say you were toxic, abusive, and inactive while others say you did your job well. Now I'm hearing about some former staff from wonderland intentionally would try and get a rise out of provoking you because of mutual disagreements? I'm going to take your stunt with wonderland with a grain of salt as it's clear whatever happened there is being mixed up and nothing sounds reliable to me.

Going solely off your time here you displayed almost nothing that concerns me, just some possible things I've heard from other regulars. You do all the necessary things like warning rule breakers properly and show good activity. Having another US based admin with a good time zone is obviously a good thing we would want, and any of the issues brought to my attention as of now I think could be fixed with the right mentoring. On that note I think working with you would be easy as I find you to be someone who is good with learning from mistakes and improving.

All in all, I don't have the best past either. It wasn't even a year ago I was toxic, shit talking players/admins and causing all sorts of trouble here. But look where I'm at now I guess? I know other panda admins here don't have the perfect snow white past either, but that hasn't excluded them from getting a chance to moderate.

Going to monitor you for the next couple weeks, I'll leave a vote like others when the time is right.

Before I like to give my vote I would just like to say that I went on wonderland and asked an admin how you were when you were an admin/ regular there.

HI hi, I am out here cuz I believe you'd posted in the Wonderland forum shoutbox looking for information on Purple, old wln staff new panda applicant, I am a staff member at present, who'd been staff the same time purple had been. Also, he doesn't have any previous aliases so far as I know of. ( via the forums, you'd find me as Mom, steam user memegid0 (current alias cheese touch). overall his time spent on WLN was from late 2017 to midway through 2018 so far as I can tell from looking back on it. Having said this, his record for staff (via punishments) is essentially clean, and any registered punishments on wonderland were conducted by himself on himself, which would have been a joke as they were all short, few that they were.
In-person/in-game rather, his manner wasn't aggressive, nor was he too strict. He did let people get the better of his emotions at times where one could easily have let something go by, and not take it too personally. In staff, at the time, were members that would not get along well with purple, or at least it would appear that way, considering his emotional reactions to them. Moreso, select few staff were attempting to get a rise out of purple for some minor mistake he may have made at some point, and every so often purple WOULD let slip and would go silent for a short while. Overall, he was active while his interest was with TF2, which as is evident in his app, not for too long on his second term as staff. I couldn't give specific dates as to when his applications were posted/when he was accepted, but my best guess would be a stint from August 2017 to February 2018, then a second time from about two months later in April to October of 2018, when he stopped. The staff members he had trouble with, no longer serve on WLN, (or play panda as regulars as far as I know) but just as well his return to tf2 was within the past month. I can make no guarantees on how Purple acts these days, as it has been well over a year and a half

[11:18]
since he was last around. My best bet is that he wanted to make a good impression on a community he hasn't been in before, surrounded by players he won't recognize. This isn't to say that he's bound to be a trouble maker, it just means the majority of the staff members on WLN are newer, and the ones that remember him haven't seen him in as long as I have, so their recollections may be about as helpful. I don't know if he was in a previous community to wln, but I'm fairly certain his start on tf2 server moderation was with wln.

[11:18]
hope any of this information helps y'all out, and if you want to pass any of it along to fellow staff, please feel free.

[11:20]
Oh, also, I, unfortunately, can't provide links to accepted applications posted by purple, as by default they're hidden from non-staff after being accepted.

Ik that it pretty long so here is a TL;DR His emotions get the best of him at times when he was there at wln but there was someone that was the aggressor in the situation and that member is no longer a person of wln or apart of panda to my knowledge.

Also, I wanna bring up the second time you were admin on won I've asked around and they said you were near the brink of demotion because you were being too kind to people. If you do get accepted it won't be smiled upon if you are too soft on people.

Alright, ill like to bring up the point of what semi has made on that he has a short. You have barely been here a month (to be exact 24 days you have been here) and you have already made a name for your self which is good on your end. My only problem is that you might have rushed into things when becoming an admin.

For the stacking, my problems are that the times are.. not good. I'm not going to say anything on that because I don't wanna say the same thing twice but ill will quote it B)

Later teambans are way too high (Remember teambans only tick down while you are connected as opposed to comms or bans) generally stacking ends with a perm at the 4th punishment

Ok, now that's that out of the way lets talk about how you act in the server. Even though you were on the server for nearly a month you have made quite a name for yourself and made multiple friends while in panda. You are very mature throughout the server and I keep hearing that you sometimes lose your temper on the blue team? I haven't seen any but I also plan on keeping an eye on you just like Bambi is.

I'm going to remain neutral until something comes up, good or bad.

As Ciri said I believe that the application is a bit long and having different stacking methods for different offenses could get really messy. If you forget to tag an admin, I think it is more professional to just edit it and act like it didn’t happen rather.

Considering you have only been around for a month, you have fantastic sessions and do rule enforcing in chat. One thing I am worried about is the fact that I don’t think you have attained the respect of (I believe) most of the JB regulars. It isn’t the worst thing in the world, but I believe you would be under constant fire if you were to become admin, constant nitpicking on everything you do. Another issue I have is that apparently you tend to go inactive every now and then, my question is, if you get declined are you going to put more time into the server or are you going to find a new community? I don’t know you well enough, and you haven’t been around long enough for me to fully trust your answer on it.

A month of playing isn’t a long enough time for me to be fully comfortable having you on the team, even with your long JB history. For this I am going to give you a -1.

@Sin. I would like to apologize to you for adding your name in a way that was rude, I had no intention of excluding you from the list of staff members, nor I meant any intent of disrespect towards you. I completely agree with you on the fact that players may not respect me fully, and that I may have underestimated the amount of time requires to truly fit in here.

Additionally, I have revised my punishments and also generalized them.

I tried to go beyond and find punishments more suitable for specific rules being broken, as some rules to me seem heavier than others. I have realized based on your responses, that is not a good idea.

Micspamming or Chatspamming, overly provocative behavior, racism, etc. (sm_gag, sm_mute, sm_silence)

- Give a clear warning
- 360 (6 hours)
- 720 (12 hours)
- 1,440 (1 day)
- 0 (Permanent)

Freekilling, Favourtism, not knowing rules in general (sm_slay, sm_teamban)

- 120 (minutes, 2 hours)
- 240 (4 hours)
- 480 (8 hours)
- 720 (12 hours)
- 1440 (24 hours, 1 day)
- 0 (Permanent)

Mass Freekill (sm_teamban)

- 0 (Permanent)

Exploiting that requires planning and is on purpose (sm_slay, sm_ban)

- Slay and FIRM warning
- 360 (minutes, 6 hours)
- 720 (12 hours)
- 4,320 (3 days)
- 0 (Permanent)

Cheating, Hacking, DDoS (with proof) [sm_ban]

- 0 (Permanent, with a full-admins Permission, and proof via demo file or recording)

And thank you all for your feedback and responses. I will take them to good use.

Alright I've seen enough to give a vote. I'm busy at the moment so I want to get this out of the way.

From what I've seen, you've taken most of the feedback given here and in private seriously. Some minor mistakes here and there reported to me by other regulars. But after a private conversation those seem to fixed and I haven't heard anything since. Like I said about the background checks, pretty unreliable stuff if you ask me and it doesn't reflect how you behave on these servers what so ever. You are still a new player, but over 6 days of connection time already tells me you how active and useful you will be for us in the future, just hope you don't get burned out so quick. The punishments are still a bit wonky, but that's nothing a bit of mentoring couldn't help fix. Overall, I'm confident you are someone we want and would be good for the server. Continue playing on the server and keep adjusting to our rules and I'm sure any mistakes will vanish entirely. +1

Reactions: vinny and iamhuman
Changing my vote +1 basically agree with Bambi so I won't bother repeating.

Hello, I am here to discuss an issue that I'd like to prevent from escalating more than it needs to.

I am in the center of an issue that I did not realize was so heavy. As Sin has said, I have not attained the respect from the majority of players here yet. To most, if not everyone's point of view, I just joined this community to start a new, after having a bad past on another community, and now you are here reading this, below an application that stirred uninentionable drama. I have made myself into a carpetbagger, whether I meant it or not. I don't want to be seen as that. I fully admit this is something I most definately rushed into, and I've made a few mistakes already that don't properly show how ready I am yet.

This brings me to the point that there is a cloud above everyone's head, and the cloud seems to be getting bigger as the verdict of this application is concluded. All I've done at this moment is taken the attention of others and created issues amongst other players. Players much more experienced than me have a right to say I'm not ready for this position. And I agree, 100% of the way. I am guilty to say I've caused drama so early in a community. I think players know I didn't mean to cause this, but it's still affecting others, and myself. I want people to view me for someone who deserves to become an admin here. I see that I've not yet gained that trust yet. And because of that, I'm going to take action. I do this because I have seen everyones point of view in all this, and I'm grateful I realized all of this sooner than I did.

Due to all of this, I have no other choice but to retract this application. It's for the sake of showing that I can improve and become better fitted for the position. And additionally for the sake of letting all this go peacefully.

And for those who are curious, no I'm not leaving this community anytime soon, unless something physically gets in the way. Thank you all for your feedback and support, and as stated in my previous post, I will take your feedback to good use.

Last edited:
Well if you want to retract of course that's okay. As far as for why, I cant say I'm too happy. I'm not mad at you at all, your decision is a respectable one that even I can relate with. But I cant help but feel this was because of built up pressure from only a few people and not everyone like you said. In my opinion, you have shown you earned the spot and responses like that show how dedicated you are to improving yourself which was perfect with me. Hope you'll stick around like you said, you'll have my word on applying in the future again if you want I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread