Problems in Dodgeball land (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You yourself also said that that was before his 12 hour ban. That's the whole point. If he didn't do anything after that ban, he got punished twice for the same offences. Nothing I will do about it unless he appeals, though, rather than arguing about it here.

I haven't read the guide on how to be a community guy who manages bans, but shouldn't you close this or ignore him at this point? Either he is lying/wrong, and this will lead to escalation. Or (for the mere possibility's sake) you're wrong and it is not going to change anything. For someone who wasn't there and reads this (--->i.e. me or any other gamer interested in finding a new community), this could lead to a wrong impression (with a negative outcome for you) of the admins and/or the community. Just after three posts into Bubblehead's cameo it seemed the situation has reached an impasse.

It leads to a wrong impression when we try not to wrongly punish our players? Honestly if people think it is weird when I try to investigate in the matter and come to a reasonable compromise then what would they be doing here anyways? I do not stand for banning people when they do not need to be.

If no-one can come up with a reasonable testification that Bubble continued stealing after his 12 hour ban expired he has no business being punished again for the same crimes. I could lengthen Noodl's ban to a week and throw a perma silence on there if I think his punishment was not sufficient, yes; but what I do not want to do is give a second punishment for a crime that was not there. If that leads to a wrong impression then I dunno.

Anyways, I do think you're right on that this thread has become redundant. If Bubble has a problem with his ban he may appeal it and we'll see what happens then. I banned him after what I thought were legitimate testifications, and if he claims he did not steal after his first ban it can be fought out somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread