Probably Another Copy Thread (1 Viewer)

WeiWei

Some people have weird name ( like mine), with even weirder origin. So what’s the story of your ign/ forum name?

WeiWei: I like watching dramas and one such was, “Love O2O” who’s main character was Bei Weiwei. Her ign was “WeiWei” and just like the main character’s online persona/ ign I have my own and just drew inspiration by copying their ign.

ok a thread that i like

Mr.Mister: Lets start with this one so basically when i started my name as Mister_Despacito, hated it but it grew on some people but i changed it to Mister_Waluigi because for the memes then a good friend of mine AstRousss told me name my self Mr.Mister to be edgy so i did it then it stuck
Jinx; i got this name from @ZeroPC becauase when he went into ingoc he's like "i need a daddy"(cause we were playing babysister) so i renamed myslef Jinx's Daddy (he didnt notice me change it) but then i liked the ring of it so i keeped it
Mr.Jinx changed it to Mr.Jinx to have it as a memory

Good thread but ima tag some people to "challenge them"
@Bambi @Trixie @Madact @Addster @Soliani @husky 4! Zero but dont want to double tag @Semicolon backslash @Roar yeah thats all lmao (time to get backlash for mass tagging)

• Friendly
Reactions: Geronimo and WeiWei
Wow Jinx no ping 4 me :^)

I was like 12 and needed a new Runescape name. Thought EvolutionWarrior sounded cool; with kind of an idea behind it of, this is gonna be a better account than my previous ones, and I'm only gonna get better throughout my time on this one too. And 5 was my favourite number (guess it still is). But the entire thing didn't fit within the character limit so I had to shorten it.

So yea, just a dumb child's online name that I decided to use on forums that I joined in my later teenage years, and then on Steam, and then everywhere. The Evo is now just... the main part of the name. It doesn't stand for anything anymore by any means. This is just the name I got used to, and it came from that idea.

Most of the time I don't even wanna tell people where it came from if they ask, partly out of embarrassment but also in large part because I don't want them to think that it still means anything in particular.

• Friendly
Wow Jinx no ping 4 me :^)
Me 5 :(

Anyways, I was originally called Chae because it was a sub- name from a person in real life and it was kind of catchy. I recently changed it to Mính as that's my real name and I feel more comfortable with that ( I somewhat got use to Chae, but overtime it became weird hearing that). Now why I changed my name to "husky 4!" on forums was because we were meming in shoutbox with some of us changing our names to husky 1,2, etc and madact said something along the line of, " someone change their name to husky 4!". So I did, true story I know.

• Friendly
Reactions: WeiWei
Oh a challenge @Mr.Jinx I accept.

There are two stories to my name the long one and the short one lets go with the short one.

My name used to be :/ because I thought it was funny but after a while I got tired of people calling me the “face thingy” so I thought I would spell it out for them but I got my colons and slashes mixed up and just stuck with he mistakes. Also imo semicolon backslash sounds better than colon forwardslash.

• Friendly
ooooo okay

So actually my first Steam username, I am not getting into my names previously before this as they're cringy as all heck, was Geronimo Vortex. I got the Geronimo part from the **epicccc** show Doctor Who. For those of you who don't know, my favorite Doctor is the 11th one, played by good ol' Matt Smith, and often throughout his time as the Doctor he said the phrase "Geronimo". The vortex part came from my fascination of space and all of that, but I shortened my name to just Geronimo because the Vortex at the end was just a mouthful.

I've actually considered changing my name multiple times, like actually and not just for a short amount of time. I had the idea of changing it "Google Chrome" because one of my friends were named Internet Explorer. Another idea was changing it to "villager", because I main Villager in Sm4sh, and secondary main him in Smash Ultimate. you could see both of these names if you had my naming history.

However, despite wanting to change my name, I decided to keep it at Geronimo. The name has like become my own online persona, and it gives me identity throughout more than Steam now. Plus I still love the heck out of Doctor Who, even though it's trash now ngl.

• Friendly
Reactions: WeiWei
Challenge accepted @Mr.Jinx

My name comes back to my freshman year in high school from playing lacrosse. I was maybe 5'3 (160 cm) maybe 95 pounds (42 kg) noticeably the shortest kid not only on my team but at the school. Lacrosse for men is a very physical sport so I got pushed around a lot, kind of like hockey, and when I ran it looked like a deer on spaghetti legs. So everyone at school including my coaches would call me Bambi, and I've since just embraced it. That might sound kind of dark but honestly it helped motivate me to workout more and play harder. Now I look completely different because puberty is lit as hell, and consistently have had my name Bambi on steam sometime after I wasn't so insecure about the name.

Sorry if that sounds hella gay and cringe, but that's my story. Id like to hear @Trixie @Roar and @TheWalkingCake

ok so there's this monster in witcher with a specific name...

Challenge accepted @Mr.Jinx

My name comes back to my freshman year in high school from playing lacrosse. I was maybe 5'3 (160 cm) maybe 95 pounds (42 kg) noticeably the shortest kid not only on my team but at the school. Lacrosse for men is a very physical sport so I got pushed around a lot, kind of like hockey, and when I ran it looked like a deer on spaghetti legs. So everyone at school including my coaches would call me Bambi, and I've since just embraced it. That might sound kind of dark but honestly it helped motivate me to workout more and play harder. Now I look completely different because puberty is lit as hell, and consistently have had my name Bambi on steam sometime after I wasn't so insecure about the name.

Sorry if that sounds hella gay and cringe, but that's my story. Id like to hear @Trixie @Roar and @TheWalkingCake

Dude that's actually a really fucking interesting name origin o:

• Agree
Reactions: Gold
@Mr.Jinx In all people, you wanted to see me explain this. Accepted.

My username is pretty obvious where it came from. IRL name is Adam, and slap on a -ster or something, and I guess you get Addster.
I don't know where the second "d" came from in Addster, but Adster would seem like a strange name, so it's just that.
Now, the origins of nicknames for me have came from excessive bullying name-calling in the NYJB Server. Some examples may include:
Baddster, Saddster, Laddster, Aidster, Anything in existence+ster, etc.

I'm not challenging anybody because I wouldn't know who to challenge that's already been.

Reactions: Bambi
Idc if i didn't get tagged as challenged since im in basically ignored both irl and in-game.

I first got that name when i was like maybe just under 10 years old. Its not really special for others probably but for me it means a lot since its something i want to remember.
It was my name im using like everywhere is separated into 3 parts. The first one being Racer. 2nd being 911 and 3rd one with the -1.
The first 2 parts pretty much were from my dad when he once got a Porsche. Racer since it was like a racecar. So just Racer.
The 911 is not related with the 9/11 incident but the 911 was the code for the Porsche (basically a 911 type).
the -1 is because he himself gave his own username as Racer911. Since i was his oldest son i received the Racer911-1 and my younger brother Racer911-2.

Sad part is that my dad was once with my mother in a highway driving his Porsche but lost it in a deadly car accident.
I was quite young so i wasn't aware how deadly the car accident was. But my Mother was very close to death having half her face filled with blood and acted like it was perfectly fine (she didnt even go to the hospital)
I didn't really use this nickname much when i was like 12-14 years old but since it came back to my mind to carry it as something very important that happened in my life.

Reactions: Bambi
Surprisingly enough my name isn't even related to Pokemon :/

I was an idiot kiddo back then and thought it would be funny to call myself a tryhard.

I also put the wild in cuz it sounded cool.

Users who are viewing this thread