Declined Prevention for Fake Ages (1 Viewer)

Make the Admin Application section only visible for logged in users?

• Yes

Votes: 26 78.8%
  • No

Votes: 7 21.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryptic

Hello all,

I want to put forth a suggestion which is related to the discussion currently ongoing in the Feedback section with respect to the age restriction on applications. As it is looking like the option to keep the restriction has amassed the greater amount of support, my suggestion may help with stopping some people from trying to cheat the system. Currently, the application section is set to public, which makes it so that people who visit the forums and look at the ‘How To’ thread will see the age restriction before making an account. This can promote lying by setting their age to 15+. If we could make it so that this section becomes members-only, then people cannot do this. Of course, there are still quite a number of people who lie about their age to seem more mature in general, but it will stop some cases of lying. Whatever helps, helps.

Should this be put through, it would also help if admins do not tell players in-game about the restriction. I have seen some cases where a player asked for information about applying and an admin told them about it. While it is great to see that our admins try their best to help players, unknowingly this could promote people to try and cheat the system.

Thank you for listening to my suggestion.

The text above was 100% written by @EvoWarrior5. Evo, the only guy capable of taking a suggestion and re-wording it within a minute to make it sound like it was written by a university English professor.

You said you'd probably put it in the admin section. If I knew you were going to make it public I could have just made it myself .___.

• Funny
Reactions: Cryptic
You said you'd probably put it in the admin section. If I knew you were going to make it public I could have just made it myself .___.
Do I look green to you? :pepe:

Edit: Full Admins, don't move my suggestion to the Admin section. If there are any counter-arguments, I'd like to see 'em. Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: iceviet
no homo my age is legit %100 True

Well, most people decide to type in a random age when they sign up (or in my case, there is not even an age, much less a date of birth associated with my account) and then later on decide to apply after already being members for a while. This is what seems to be what most applicants do anyway. People are not even surprised when someone claims that their account dob is incorrect on an application so I have my doubts about the helpfulness of this.

> Signs up and set their age to 13
> Goes to How to apply
> Sees age req
> Write on app "I just entered a random age during signup", get kebin to change it.

Age restriction is kinda unfair at times. We won't let anyone immature enough be an admin. Anyone can apply and obviously if there is shared thought the person is too immature to be an admin. He/she won't get through. Madact is not an older admin and shows maturity levels far greater than many 15+ members do. There is no way of proving age so it is impossible to counter.

• Funny
Reactions: DeadSworn
Well, most people decide to type in a random age when they sign up (or in my case, there is not even an age, much less a date of birth associated with my account) and then later on decide to apply after already being members for a while. This is what seems to be what most applicants do anyway. People are not even surprised when someone claims that their account dob is incorrect on an application so I have my doubts about the helpfulness of this.

> Signs up and set their age to 13
> Goes to How to apply
> Sees age req
> Write on app "I just entered a random age during signup", get kebin to change it.
It's a prevention, not a cure - hence the title of the thread. I'm well aware there's no cure for an issue like this; however, there are steps we can take to ease the issue from occuring. Another suggestion would be requiring a source of identity to confirm an age change.

Age restriction is kinda unfair at times. We won't let anyone immature enough be an admin. Anyone can apply and obviously if there is shared thought the person is too immature to be an admin. He/she won't get through. Madact is not an older admin and shows maturity levels far greater than many 15+ members do. There is no way of proving age so it is impossible to counter.

Wrong thread, go here.

Madact is not an older admin and shows maturity levels far greater than many 15+ members do
hahaha-no.gif

In his defense, he has heard me on the microphone mainly ...With my voice it confuses a lot of people ^^; So I can't blame him for not knowing!
Anyways sorry you guys continue!

Reactions: EvoWarrior5
added a poll, to be honest i dont think this changes anything though.
we dont have this many people who fake on their age so yeah.. i dont know if its a smart move to completely lock down the section therefore 7 days time on the poll to vote as its quite intense.

With my voice it confuses a lot of people ^^
How many times on jailbreak have i seen in the chat "omg what i allways thought madact was a boi ! DDDD="

Now moving to the topic of the thread, even if the repercution of this change may be limited i guess we can still give it a try, it may stop a few lyars no ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread