Good Idea

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't take a lot of development at all. There is already a plugin that detects stealing and allows the admin to slay the stealer. Most likely only one or two methods/functions would have to be written to make the stealer lose points or not get any.

In fact, it isn't that simple. Also, it takes a lot of thumbling to set up the repo, get the right people access and then to get someone to do it.
Stealing is an issue because it often leads to the death of the intended target one or two reflects later. Also some players will get in the other team's face and try to reflect (steal) the rocket immediately for a return-to-sender insta-kill.

Nobody is claiming that it isn't an issue, and I'm quite well aware of what some people do.
You guys keep saying it won't deter stealers because one point won't affect their rank. But then you say it will greatly affect those stealing to save themselves. It's one point for everyone, it can't affect one group more than the others. Also some players will get in the other team's face and try to reflect (steal) the rocket immediately for a return-to-sender insta-kill.

Incorrect. Noone is saying that it will "greatly affect those stealing to save themselves". It is first of all an issue that it affects these people at all, no matter how slightly. They are within the rules and thus should not be punished. At all, no matter how slightly they're affected. I have however stated previously why I think this is too insignificant to make a difference in peoples' stealing behaviour. If you lose a point per steal and you gain two per kill (assuming gameME works for one damn time) then it's still profitable to get easy kills by stealing. Also, the majority of stealers on EU don't care about their rank, and if it's different on USDB then that is concerning to say the least.
I really do believe this is a good idea for the servers that will cause little to no harm to players that follow the rules. I hear your concerns about it, and while I disagree with your counterarguments, I feel like this idea at least deserves a trial. It can always be removed if I am wrong.

Still requires the effort of setting up, something that is most certainly not trivial to do. And once again, I'd like to refer to our reports section that i believe is a lot more effective in getting those individuals who steal. :(

• Agree
Reactions: klay
I have added a poll.

I would decline it but I feel solid proof that this isn't seen as a good idea will prove that it should be buried.

declined as of result of the poll.

xvzh.png

we can edit the current steal detection plugin but we cannot combine it with the gameme stats system.
there is no API where you could modify stats with. (atleast from what i know of)

• Agree
Reactions: TBotV63
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread