Declined pp_powers' Admin Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PP_Powers

Username

PP_Powers

Steam32 ID

STEAM_0:1:124094757

Your age

Current playtime on relevant server(s)

3d 00:26:22h -2fort| US

Link to your Sourcebans record
[Found here: https://bans.panda-community.com/ search for your Steam32 ID, not your name]
Bans(0) Comms(0) HLstatsX

(If relevant) Who gave you permission to apply?

n/a

Server you are applying for

Panda-Community.com US | 2Fort

General online times & time zone

Pacific Standard Time (GMT-8)
Online 9:00 pm til past midnight
occasionally 12pm - 5 in the afternoon

Do you have a working microphone?
(This is required for Jailbreak admins)

yes

Previous experience as Admin or Moderator
(Mostly in games, other experience is valid if sufficiently relevant)

I have been a Moderator for a small discord server (100+ members) and wikia edits

What would you say makes you a suitable candidate?
(Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.)

What makes me a suitable candidate is my willingness to work and learn more, especially in-game server administration. Playing on this server exclusively, I have noticed a lot of activity and behavior that I consider could use the support of an admin such as cheaters which on several occasions, were not kicked to my knowledge while playing on this specific server, I would like to support and benefit my community members, a lot of them which I see frequently on the server to keep the server free from anything that users might be offended from or discouraged from. I acknowledge that I have never been a game server admin but I'm confident in my skills to learn how to manage a server and help the community out through commitment and hard work.

Hello PP_Powers thank you for your interest in moderation towards US2FORT.
Due to no admins assigned there you most likely won't get feedback or votes over your application, so I'm here to give feedback with what I can.

It seems you played shortly during 2021 for 4-5 hours and then in 2023 make up for the rest of your playtime. Sessions seem good and would like to see that continue onwards during application process.
Your chatlog is small indicating that most of your communication is either on microphone (answered yes to microphone question) or non-existent. Can't comment much on that without joining the server myself to check you out.

You've made zero calls and made zero player reports. I would encourage that you start to attempt to using the call feature on the server and making a player report via here:
You can also use this method:
As you mention in suitable candidate section that you have come across hackers which have not been punished. How to record a demo is part of the first link in the 'how to report a player'.

You will be helping out panda community by doing this, also it will highlight the need for admins on the server and increase your forum presence to show you are here to help.

If you could also give examples of how you'd punish let's say a micspammer and then another example of punishing a hacker would be good. Should think about how many warnings (or none at all), how you would warn, how long you'd place the punishment, if you would record a demo and stacking example. You can find examples of these of other admin applications.

Any questions feel free to ask here or to me privately via steam / discord / forum PM.
I'll be giving it a week from my post to close your application for under review. So you have plenty of time to post a response and ask questions, if you have any.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Mikey
Hello PP_Powers thank you for your interest in moderation towards US2FORT.
Due to no admins assigned there you most likely won't get feedback or votes over your application, so I'm here to give feedback with what I can.

It seems you played shortly during 2021 for 4-5 hours and then in 2023 make up for the rest of your playtime. Sessions seem good and would like to see that continue onwards during application process.
Your chatlog is small indicating that most of your communication is either on microphone (answered yes to microphone question) or non-existent. Can't comment much on that without joining the server myself to check you out.

You've made zero calls and made zero player reports. I would encourage that you start to attempt to using the call feature on the server and making a player report via here:
You can also use this method:
As you mention in suitable candidate section that you have come across hackers which have not been punished. How to record a demo is part of the first link in the 'how to report a player'.

You will be helping out panda community by doing this, also it will highlight the need for admins on the server and increase your forum presence to show you are here to help.

If you could also give examples of how you'd punish let's say a micspammer and then another example of punishing a hacker would be good. Should think about how many warnings (or none at all), how you would warn, how long you'd place the punishment, if you would record a demo and stacking example. You can find examples of these of other admin applications.

Any questions feel free to ask here or to me privately via steam / discord / forum PM.
I'll be giving it a week from my post to close your application for under review. So you have plenty of time to post a response and ask questions, if you have any.
Hello Madact, Thank you for taking time out of your day to respond to my application! I do in fact use voice communication far more often as verbal communication is something I much prefer! Hopefully, I can catch one of the staff members on the US 2fort server so we can properly meet and have a better picture of who I am as a community member as I am interested in getting to know staff members as well!

As far as reports go, I'm pleased to mention that I was recently able to get my video recorder up in running to properly make reports if I find more issues on the server. I will be using a tool by Nvidia that captures footage of games in segments which allows me to also clip certain parts of my sessions without saving an entire hour of video and going through the trouble of shortening it to any specific events that occur. Hopefully, with this tool, I can more or so help my community and play a more active part in the community.

Excuse me for forgetting to previously give examples of punishments and what I consider a justifiable punishment. For mic spammers, I feel like a warning to discontinue mic spamming will suffice, such as if someone is constantly screaming or playing very loud music through their microphone. Anything worse than that like very vulgar statements or anything far more offensive will just result in a mute. I would warn them by letting them know that this is causing a disturbance to other server members and to discontinue the mic spamming. Anything after that will be like 30 min/hour mute unless is anything vulgar which in that case I would consider issuing a 1-day mute or more if possible.

As for questions I would like to ask what is expected of me in terms of using any tools for moderation. I would appreciate a bit help using these tools but I'm also fine on learning it on my own. Another question I have is how game server staff interact. Do we get together to discuss anything, do we get to know each other well, etc.

Thank you for your time, and I hope to hear more from you all.

Apologies for the delayed response to your questions

The tools will be sourcemod and we have guides to help with this privately. New admins most likely start off with the /admin menu and then move onto chat commands for versatility. We also do a mentoring system to help trial admins have an experienced gameserver admin help. Plenty of materials and options, just whatever works best for the individual and the mentor. Though since US 2fort has no assigned admins, a lot of the learning will be on your own.
We have panda community discord which involves all staff members private chats, a private forum section for admin only discussions and sub-sections discord groups for staff. For example, jailbreak staff and vsh staff have their own area to communicate.

Hopefully that answers most of your questions. Didn't want to get into too much detail at this stage.

And with that, I'll close this for under review.

If you have anymore questions or plan to go inactive during under review let me know via steam / discord / forum PM. Good luck ::):

Applicant has retracted their application.

You may re-apply one month and beyond from now if you change your mind in the future: 7th of April 2023

Reactions: salguod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread