Pointless Valentine’s Day Rant ( Overall Holidays) (1 Viewer)

WeiWei

Valentine’s Day is a day that most people associated with being a “couple’s holiday” or alternatively a “depressing” or lonely holiday. It doesn’t have to be that way to be honest, it depends on whether or not you “care”/ celebrate it; not in a negative sense, but rather the way it’s perceived by the overall majority. Whether the holiday or its perception be altered I feel as though Holidays shouldn’t be “standardize “ and you can look at this as me nit picking and moaning. Valentine’s Day ( as well as some other holidays; systems, Christmas) should be a time where you appreciate the relationships you have and those love olds close to you. In the opposite spectrum those that think of the holiday in a more negative light ( Valentine’s being a “depressing holiday because they are single or hold an inferiority complex and look as themselves as “ugly”). Or a more small example; Thanksgiving, over here in New England there’s a rivalry around my area between Beverly ( where I live) and Salem on that holiday where in the past the community ( started by the schools and especially football team that played against one another trying to one up one another. Relationships have overall improved, but just the fact that a “holiday” that was meant to be a time of bonding ( and maybe watching football and eating food), turned into a more malicious day that was acceptable was unacceptable.

For anyone who read all of this, thanks for your time and sorry for rambling about off-topic things. -Wei

• Optimistic
Reactions: Chae
Valentines, mothers day and fathers day is just made up by companies to people like us so we have an excuse to buy more shit to each other. Pretty much scam IRL.

• Agree
Reactions: chaz
valentines day is nice when you have a significant other. It may be a scam and u don't have to spend alot of money. But its nice to celebrate a healthy relationship whenever you can.

Reactions: Heather

Users who are viewing this thread