Invalid PK Freeze's VSH #5 Admin Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherry

Your name and/or nickname
My name is Cherry! My current Steam name is PK Freeze, though some of you might know me as Charlie from when I first started playing on the VSH server at the beginning of the year.

Your age
I am 19 years old, and will be turning 20 in about four and a half months now.

Who gave you permission to apply?
As I already meet the age requirements for applying, I did not need someone's permission to apply.

Your Steam32 ID
My Steam32 ID is STEAM_0:1:50994685.

Your general online times and your timezone
My timezone is GMT+1, and my online times largely depend on whether if I have classes or not. Generally speaking,
  • On school days (Monday - Friday, barring school breaks): I can play from 6:30 PM (or earlier in the afternoon depending on the amount of classes) to 1 AM.
  • On weekends and other days without school: I can play from 11 AM to 2 AM.
Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for?
I almost exclusively play on the #5 Versus Saxton Hale server, so it only makes sense that is the server I wish to apply for.

Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?
I would absolutely not mind hopping on other servers if I am needed there - who knows, it may encourage me to play on more servers!

Do you have a microphone?
I do, though I am much more comfortable with communicating through text instead.

Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator
Whereas being accepted into the Admin team would mark my first stint as a staff member on Team Fortress 2, I actually come with a wealth of experience as a staff member on other communities: I begun volunteering for staff all the way back in 2012 for Minecraft servers belonging to my friends and, through dedication and learning, got the opportunity to become staff on larger servers - culminating in allowing me to join the largest Minecraft server's staff team.

Aside from Minecraft servers, I have also gotten staff positions in several large Discord servers, including a Senior Moderator position in a server with over 40k members. Through all those experiences, I believe I have acquired a solid understanding of when punishments should be handed, and how severe they should be, depending on situations.

Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?
Administrating with SourceMod is not something I have any experience in, though I will be more than willing to learn how to.

Why should we choose you to be part of our team?
Although I admittedly wasn't very active on the server until fairly recently, I believe I can be considered as a regular (or being on the way to becoming a regular) on the VSH server, which shows how much I care for it. After all, this server has brought me some of the best times I've had on TF2 recently, and has introduced me to some great people as well - so I would very much like to be helpful to the server as thanks.

I would also consider the amount of experience I have in being a staff member (outside TF2 servers) as very beneficial for the position. Moreover, I consider myself as a very friendly and open individual, which I believe is a very underrated asset for a staff member - a friendly admin would greatly help making new players (and regulars!) feel more welcome in the server, and in the community as a whole. All in all, I believe admins should find a good balance between professionalism and friendliness, and that is something I have always strived to accomplish myself.

General Punishments
Before detailing my punishments policy, please note that I will always give several warnings (1-3) before proceeding with handing out punishments depending on what rules are being broken - this is to ensure people are given a fair chance to acknowledge their faults and stop further enfringing on the rules. There are exceptions to this, which I will be covering in a bit.

Here is my personal punishment scaling for bans and gags/mutes:

- First offense: 360 minutes / 6 hours
- Second offense: 720 minutes / 12 hours
- Third offense: 1,440 minutes / 1 day
- Fourth offense: 10,080 minutes / 1 week
- Fifth offense: 20,160 minutes / 2 weeks
- Sixth offense: Permanent ban/gag/mute

Specific Punishments
Not doing any damage as Boss/camping as Boss:
- First few times: slaps, telling the player to use !nohale if they do not wish to play as the boss - slay if no effect
- If continued: kick
- If continued after kick: ban (according to scaling)

Teaming with Boss:
- First few times: slaps, slay if no effect

AFKing:
- First few times: slaps, kick if no response
- If continued: ban (according to scaling)

Ghosting:
- First few times: warnings
- If continued: mute/gag (according to scaling)

Camping (on non-camping classes):
- First few times: slaps, slay if no effect

Spam (mic/text):
- First time: warning
- If continued: mute/gag (according to scaling)

Inappropriate spray:
- First time: warning, spray removal

Hacking:
- First time: permanent ban (with solid proof)

Advertizing cheats:
- First time: permanent mute/gag

Closing Thoughts & Links
Thank you for taking the time to read all this! Although I only beat the play time prerequisite by a little over 11 hours, I have no intention to stop being an active player on this server any time soon.

HLStats Profile
HLStats Sessions
HLStats Chat
Comms Bans (0)
Server Bans (0)

Really sorry about the delayed response on this!

At the moment we are not looking for new VSH applications until we have a dedicated full VSH gameserver admin. I was hoping it would be done by now, but I do not have powers in that regard.
Since we're not open I'll have to invalid this. You really should of asked me or any full gameserver admin as stated in the available positions thread. If they told you it's open, then I apologise if you had been misinformed.
Real shame too, this application (at a quick glimpse without looking at other factors) was well planned.

I cannot give a date for when we are open again. If a trial VSH admin does get promoted, that does not mean we're open straight away as the team will need to agree and update the thread.
I've discussed with other admins whether to just put this on hold, but there is no guarantee this will be opened anytime soon. Could take months.

Invalid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread