Accepted Pilon's VSH admin application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilon99

- Your name and/or nickname:
My actual nickname is Pilon99.

- Your age:
I'm 20.

- Who gave you permission to apply?:
Permission to apply is not required because I'm 20 and this server is listed in the "available position".

- Your Steam32 ID:
STEAM_0:1:55392039

- Your general online times and your timezone:
I am present almost every day (almost, cause of my job) for several hours: at least 3 hours on average, generally before dinner time but also at night. I am online every weekend and most of the times also on weekdays.
Timezone: UTC +2 (Central European Time)

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?:
I always play in VSH # 05 - I started playing this server in 2013/2014 - and therefore I would like to join the related staff. If a problem arises or there is a !call from a player in the other servers, there will be no rethinking on my part in rescuing and remedying the situation.

- Do you have a microphone?:
I changed my headphones and microphone in the last month so from that point of view I am well equipped. During the game I have no problem talking, I may probably make some mistakes in the pronunciation in English words but in general, I am very able to conduct a conversation.

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator:
2 years ago I passed all the graduations about the management of Minecraft servers and I also had the possibility to create and open a server together with a group of friends that counted about 100 users simultaneously online. In the server, we organized events also using discord and TeamSpeak 3 so with time I learned and practiced the management of users also in these last 2 platforms.

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?
No, because I have no experience as an admin on tf2 but I learn quickly.

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?
I have been playing on this server for several years and during my personal growth and "as a player" I made friends with many users, I faced discussions and arguments that, despite everything, have always been resolved in the best way. In this last period, I started to feel a certain responsibility towards the server starting to make the rules known to new users and trying to ensure that the regulation is respected, using any means at my disposal.
I am a quiet person who always looks for any means to solve a problem without using insults or any other kind of verbal abuse. I know for sure that sometimes I lost my temper and I got angry because of situations that were too difficult to resolve without the presence of an admin; if I become an admin I will commit myself to follow every discussion so that I can compare myself with the rest of the staff and give the right punishment to those who are wrong.
I also wanted to point out that several years ago I received many bans and mutes due to my behavior, but as I said before I grew up personally and now I can face any kind of situation.
Here the links of the bans, etc. and also my server statistics:

My previous bans - last one in 2017
My previous commbans - last one in 2015
Gameme profile - 45 days playtime *

* I stopped playing TF2 last year cause of problems with my PC, problems which got fixed only this Summer.
Also, as you can notice, there are no sessions from 16th to 22th August and from 25th August to 1st September, cause I was on Summer holidays. But before and after my holidays I've been active nearly every day.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments:
Since I have no experience managing tf2 servers, whenever I have to make a decision I will compare myself, if possible, with the rest of the staff so as not to make wrong or too hasty decisions. Before every punishment, I will face the problem signaling my presence to the users and subsequently warning the person who is breaking the rules. If the situation degenerates completely I will proceed like this:

Always 1/2 warn before every punishment
  • Racism:
    1st time --> 8 hours
    2nd time --> 1 days
    3rd time --> 7 days
    4th time --> 1 month
    5th time --> 3 months
    6th time --> permanent

• Offensive behavior / verbal abuse / spam / foreign language / abuse of CAPS:
    1st time --> 4 hours
    2nd time --> 1 day
    3rd time --> 3 day
    4th time --> 3 week
    5th time --> 3 months
    6th time --> permanent

• Hacking:
    A permanent ban from the beginning.

• Exploit and bug abusing:
    1st time --> 4 hours
    2nd time --> 1 days
    3rd time --> 7 days
    4th time --> 1 month
    5th time --> 6 months
    6th time --> permanent

• Camping or wasting time as hale / teaming / ghosting:
    1 or 2 warn / slay / kick / timebomb
    1st time --> 4 hours
    2nd time --> 8 hours
    3rd time --> 3 day
    4th time --> 2 week
    5th time --> 2 months
    6th time --> permanent

• AFK continuously:
    2 or 3 warn / slay / kick
    1st time --> 2 hours
    2nd time --> 8 hours
    3rd time --> 1 day
    4th time --> 3 days
    5th time --> 1 week
    6th time --> 3 weeks
    7th time --> permanent
____

@Matth @Tedgrid
Thanks for your attention.
Pilon

Hello. Thank you for applying.

Very well-written application, congrats. The punishment section is very good, ofc we can slightly work on it.
The applicant is friendly, polite, he enforces rules -regularly calls me for rulebreakers- and has clean chatlogs. Also, his sessions are great.

I wanna say two things:

1. That's true, you have had many bans/comm bans in the past (btw they are old, last ones were applied some years ago). But the point is: people change.
Bans are meant to be lessons, to bring players to respect others, not to condemn them forever. And you finally showed you fully respect and enforce rules now.

2. Pilon, I see you have recently put much effort into improving your attitude. And I'm glad about this.
I know for sure that sometimes I lost my temper and I got angry because of situations that were too difficult to resolve without the presence of an admin; if I become an admin I will commit myself to follow every discussion so that I can compare myself with the rest of the staff and give the right punishment to those who are wrong.
I am confident that you will show us your love for the server during your trial period if you get accepted. VSH admin team (Teddi and I currently) may benefit from your help, imo.

Good luck.

+1

Hey Pilon!

Nice to see you aswell apply for VSH.
Ypu have some good sessions, you warn poeple in chat, also a really nice looking application.

Ill have to go with a +1 aswell.

• Agree
Reactions: acidic and Pilon99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread