Invalid Permanently Ban Oskar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

♥Chaz♥

Hey there, I am a fellow panda deathrun player and donator and a very certain player under the name of Oskar has been constantly spamming the fly engineer set to purposely annoy not only me but many other people on the server, he is seen on panda deathrun #09 constantly using the engineer class and when spectating he is using the fly engineer set, spamming the kazotsky kick emote to make a WOOOOO sound but even more annoying. He has been doing this for about 2 months now and it has started getting to the point where i have to quit the entire server just because of the noise. This falls under the rule 'Disruptive Behaviours'

Attachments

• Team Fortress 2 2020-03-26 15-36-27_Trim.mp4
    34.9 MB
  • oskar fly.mp4
    9 MB
Doing kazotsky taunt while wearing flygineer set isn't so disruptive but causing situation like this imo is:

1585246113584.png

You can laugh about it but 5 flies doing banjo taunt is worse than 5 kazotsky flies.

I agree, it's disruptive, but I don't think it warrants a ban. It should simply not be over-used, you may use call to report over-use. People have been overusing it and I normally respond with a simple rweapon to prevent them from taunting, if they're not reading chat.

More opinions?

View attachment 12468
View attachment 12469

Based on the evidence, including this little bit I'd say some form of action is warranted. That being said a ban would be his 6th, and going based on guidelines that would mean it would be a permanent one which I don't necessarily agree with.

It generally doesnt matter whether the 6th is a heavy or light offense. If it warrants a ban, it warrants a ban.

Besides, it's not uncommon for admins to exceed the 6 bans. If you don't want to make it permanent, make it a month. Or make it permanent with appealability after a few months.

Going to discuss about this as a team in private as their is confusion / disagreement on if this is allowed or not.

Closing this thread till a conclusion is made.

I've spoken to Oskar and I've told him to behave. I do still think this doesn't warrant a permanent ban, but he has been firmly warned and will receive a ban if there is more rule-boundary seeking behavior. So in this case, I will let this slide as I think a more serious offence is needed to receive a permanent ban.

• Agree
Reactions: Gold and vinny
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread