Accepted Permanent ban Appeal (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Envy

SourceBans Ban URL: SourceBans Ban
Name of your Banned Steam Account: Envy
Steam ID (Example : STEAM_0:0:00000000): STEAM_0:1:149478076
Date and Time of the Ban: 2020-08-05 00:48:43, Lenght is permanent
Reason about the Ban: Duplicate Accounts
Admin that Banned you: CONSOLE (banned by plugin)
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute / teamban:
I don't have a duplicate account, I just have a weird error where servers won't show up on the server list, so in order to fix it i must join the server with a proxied connection (VPN), then disconnect from the proxy and type "retry" on console to actually join a server with my IP.
I will attach a screenshot where you can see the VPN and the IP to see that im not lying, you can use the logs to see my IP address history, If i get unbanned i will connect to the server by my old way which consist on spamming "connect <IP>" until i don't get a "Connection failed after 4 retries " dont worry, it won't flood the server.

Attachments

• screenshot1.PNG
    screenshot1.PNG
    38.3 KB · Views: 125
  • screenshot2.PNG
    screenshot2.PNG
    52.5 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
I’m pretty sure Panda servers have a plug-in that auto detects VPNs and I’m not sure if it just instantly bans the person or something other then that. But I’ve seen this happen before, you’ll probably need to find another fix and not use a VPN. I also don’t think there is a way they can modify the plugin to make an “exception” for you to join with a VPN. VPNs just ruin tf2 connections anyways. Hope this helps but don’t entirely take my word for it, I am not an Admin, staff or mod.

I’m pretty sure Panda servers have a plug-in that auto detects VPNs and I’m not sure if it just instantly bans the person or something other then that. But I’ve seen this happen before, you’ll probably need to find another fix and not use a VPN. I also don’t think there is a way they can modify the plugin to make an “exception” for you to join with a VPN. VPNs just ruin tf2 connections anyways. Hope this helps but don’t entirely take my word for it, I am not an Admin, staff or mod.
I know VPNs ruin TF2 connection, that's why I join and immediatly disconnect from the VPN and type "retry" on console it can let me join. I don't expect a exception added to the plugins, Tho im sure you can add a blacklist on the plugin, I just said i will use another method that doesn't involve a VPN or a proxy

Well like I said im not involved with that. So idk what will happen but good luck regardless and hope I can help anyway I can. ?

Reactions: Envy
Yeah it's a mistake by the console, I'll remove the IP from the ban list.

Would prefer you didn't use a VPN, but if it's your only option you'll have to to hope you don't end up getting an IP which is banned here as hackers love to use VPNs. Otherwise you'll have to keep appealing and deepest apologies on this being an inconvenience.

Accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread