Declined Perma Mic Ban (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MayDay
2022-08-05 04:46:43
micspam/loudmic
Cowboy

Ban Appeal:
This appeal is not only for my request to be unmuted but to consider my opinion on cowboy as a new trial admin. I have been banned by cowboy twice since I have joined this community, lets break down these bans so I can further explain my side. The first ban is understandable but still a little strict for my FIRST ban on the server. This first ban went as follows, I was being admittedly pretty loud and I was talking over warden but the whole server was still joking around with me, so for me to be the only one to be banned out of the entire server feels as if cowboy is being strict for a video game and I know that this server has rules and I follow them to my best ability but it seems cowboy is VERY strict with enforcing these rules. Besides that I was mic banned for 12 hours for my first "offense". I waited it out and I went on with my life. but lets review the second and more egregious ban. today as of August, 5 2022 12:40 pm, I have been permantely banned from the mic because "loud mic/ mic spam." Let's start at the beginning, I was playing as usual and having a lot of fun, not only me but once again I was fooling around with the whole server and being in cowboys words as "mic spamming and loud mic", now when he first joined I was talking a lot but once I saw the warning to stop "over talking warden" I gave the warden his time to talk and then continued to talk with the rest of the server. I see this as following the rules while also having fun with the server. But Cowboy didn't see it this way and perma mic banned me, He then says something along the lines of "I warned you three times to stop" so I scrolled up in the chat and initially only saw one admin chat and it wasn't addressing me, but I scroll up further and I see a whole paragraph warning me about the risk of a perma mute if I continue to be loud, so I would reasonably stop being "loud" and obey his warning, but as I didn't even see these very quick and short messages because not only was the chat not in my vision at the time but it was scrolling very quickly and it is the same color as trade chat so I never saw these messages warning me about a permanate ban. I then quickly protested in the chat after being perma banned and I said some short tempered responses. Then after perma banning me he simply said "use !calladmin if you guys need anything, I'm hopping off." and then leaves the server without even considering to revoke my perma ban. I stand behind one message that I sent, instead of sending quick and short messages about a perma ban from mic on a very busy and loud server that he should just simply use voice chat and warn me in a much more audible voice. i believe that Cowboy is a very unqualified trial admin as shown throught this whole appeal, he has been VERY quick to ban someone even if the whole server is being just as loud and goofy as I'm being, he seems very strict and stuck in his ways as he seems to say that those 2 or so short messages qualify as a "warning". this is still only my second "offense" and hes already perma banned me. I'm not asking him to be stripped of his trial admin title but please review your trial admins better incase we have a wild trial admin on a power trip in a silly game like Team Fortress 2.

The first ban is understandable but still a little strict for my FIRST ban on the server. This first ban went as follows, I was being admittedly pretty loud and I was talking over warden but the whole server was still joking around with me, so for me to be the only one to be banned out of the entire server feels as if cowboy is being strict for a video game and I know that this server has rules and I follow them to my best ability but it seems cowboy is VERY strict with enforcing these rules. Besides that I was mic banned for 12 hours for my first "offense"
The only reason you were muted for only 12 hours your "first offense" is because i made a genuine mistake and did not verify your commblock history as i should've and handed you a 12hr mute instead of a perm.
This wasn't your first or second offense, It was your seventh.

I waited it out and I went on with my life. but lets review the second and more egregious ban. today as of August, 5 2022 12:40 pm, I have been permantely banned from the mic because "loud mic/ mic spam." Let's start at the beginning, I was playing as usual and having a lot of fun, not only me but once again I was fooling around with the whole server and being in cowboys words as "mic spamming and loud mic"

Yeah, fooling around is one thing, screaming into the mic is another. Just because a few other people thought you screaming was funny, the other part of the server did not see it that way.

But Cowboy didn't see it this way and perma mic banned me, He then says something along the lines of "I warned you three times to stop" so I scrolled up in the chat and initially only saw one admin chat and it wasn't addressing me, but I scroll up further and I see a whole paragraph warning me about the risk of a perma mute if I continue to be loud, so I would reasonably stop being "loud" and obey his warning, but as I didn't even see these very quick and short messages because not only was the chat not in my vision at the time but it was scrolling very quickly and it is the same color as trade chat so I never saw these messages warning me about a permanate ban
Couldn't have said it better myself, not only were you reminded of your next mute being a perma, I also reminded you in voice which you also proceeded to ignore. Stupid games earn stupid prizes.

It's not my fault you choose not to see my warnings and act upon it. Youre a big boy, you should know better not to be screeching into the mic or encouraging others to micspam alongside you.
I then quickly protested in the chat after being perma banned and I said some short tempered responses. Then after perma banning me he simply said "use !calladmin if you guys need anything, I'm hopping off."
Contrary to the popular belief by regulars, I do not spend every waking moment on TF2 and like to play other video games. The message wasn't directed at you, it was just a reminder for players to use it if they needed an admin as not everyone uses it. (Even if it is by far the best way to contact us)

and then leaves the server without even considering to revoke my perma ban
I wonder why?
I cant just revoke your mute just because you ask me to, you have to go through an appeal process (Which you are doing right now)
I stand behind one message that I sent, instead of sending quick and short messages about a perma ban from mic on a very busy and loud server that he should just simply use voice chat and warn me in a much more audible voice.
You're saying you'd prefer a warning over mic when you and Francis were micspamming? Probably the reason why you didn't stop to look at chat or hear my warning over mic.

i believe that Cowboy is a very unqualified trial admin as shown throught this whole appeal, he has been VERY quick to ban someone even if the whole server is being just as loud and goofy as I'm being, he seems very strict and stuck in his ways as he seems to say that those 2 or so short messages qualify as a "warning"
Your logic is really hard to understand. What sort of warning do you want? You were given multiple warnings through text and voice? Do you need a handwritten letter?

You weren't targeted either. Rabbito received a warning and Francis was muted for micspamming/soundboard. Acting like you're a victim isn't helping you in the slightest.

My recommendation is that the mute sticks for a few months, use that time to display clean chatlogs and prove to us that you've changed.

As always the final decision remains with my mentor, @Semicolon Backslash

You had received multiple warnings to not spam, I don't think cowboy is being strict here if anything he was technically more lenient than he was supposed to for not perma muting you on your previous punishment.

Declined

Reactions: ItsNotCalassic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread