pagno (1 Viewer)

Hello everyone! Sorry about the double post but apparently I mistakenly published the thread without typing anything relevant and I can no longer edit it anymore.

You might have met me on 2fort EU server, and if we played together even just a few times I most likely remember you.

I started playing this game the beauty of 13 years ago: back then the coolest items you could own were the backburner or the kritzkrieg as other items did not even exist yet. I witnessed the growth of this game little by little and I could manage to learn early the ins and outs of all items as soon as they were being added in the game.

Nowadays there are a lot of fairly new players who struggle to understand how to manage to get the most out of every item and aspect of the game, and the reason is simply that they did not have enough time to get to know the game in all its depth. There are skilled soldiers who rocket jump across the map, scouts who have insane control over their movement and snipers who instantly take you out the moment you show yourself on the battlefield. New players might have no idea how all of this happens and, in their innocence, they might start believing that a hack or a cheat is in use.

Unfortunately in the past years fairly new players started spreading rumours about me that started affecting my gameplay: it is easy to call out for hacks or cheats whenever one struggles to understand how some players manage to perform certain actions, but being unable to replicate such actions is not an excuse to lash out to veteran players who took years to master their gameplay. This "hacker" situation got me banned in many communities already but this community is so far one of the few in which there are highly skilled players who are able to back me up whenever I get accused. This, however, still does not prevent players from seeing me as a shady player and treating me as one.

I'm taking advantage of this introduction thread to clarify some aspects about me, mostly for 2fort EU players.

Do I cheat or use any hacks?
No.

Do I use any scripts or macros that allow me to switch weapons faster or provide me other advantage?
No.

Do I use the third person feature?
No.

Do I enjoy having groups of 5-6 players focusing their gameplay on me while verbally harassing me and calling me out for unfair play at each death?
Also no.

Can I tell enemies' position by listening to their footsteps, weapon sounds and voice commands?
Yes! That's the one.

That's it! Hopefully that clears out some doubts about me now, and hopefully this prevents further extreme focusing over me: there is also an entire team to fight against!

Don't get me wrong: I do like it when people try to put up a good fight even when they group together, but only when such fight is meant to be enjoyable for both parties. Extreme tryharding accompanied by verbal harassment makes me believe that the people I am fighting against are not actually enjoying the game and should perhaps focus on other players instead.

See you in your intel room!

Do I enjoy having groups of 5-6 players focusing their gameplay on me while verbally harassing me and calling me out for unfair play at each death?
Also no.
That's it! Hopefully that clears out some doubts about me now, and hopefully this prevents further extreme focusing over me: there is also an entire team to fight against!
I don't think it's fair of you to be salty about this. Your entire playstyle revolves around harrassing the enemy from their own intel room making yourself a priority target. The enemy is just adapting and exploiting the fact that you are usually far away from your team making pushing as a group a very viable strategy to take you out.

Using teamwork to deal with major threats in team fortress is a major part of the game and the game is designed to reward players that successfully do this.

I am sorry about the percieved verbal harrassment though, I'll take some extra care to make sure it stops now that I know you are definitely not okay with it.

See you on 2fort :)

>Be me
>Run with absolute meta loadout
>Get some easy heads from fodder on the bridge
>Jump to intel
>Bait one or two noobs down into my mole-hole
>Absolutely destroy them, EZ get clapped 360 no-scope git gud
>Get killed once critical annoyance is reached and I get piled by a coordinated group
>Write a lengthy complaint on the forums about it, while exalting my own mechanical skills

How do you think it feels to lose out 1-on-1 to your 4 headed max resistance setup 10 times in a row? The way people play around you is literally a consequence of your own success..

>Be me
>Run with absolute meta loadout
>Get some easy heads from fodder on the bridge
>Jump to intel
>Bait one or two noobs down into my mole-hole
>Absolutely destroy them, EZ get clapped 360 no-scope git gud
>Get killed once critical annoyance is reached and I get piled by a coordinated group
>Write a lengthy complaint on the forums about it, while exalting my own mechanical skills

How do you think it feels to lose out 1-on-1 to your 4 headed max resistance setup 10 times in a row? The way people play around you is literally a consequence of your own success..

You forgot something Raggemen

- Put down self made "Pagno" spray when noobs destroyed

Users who are viewing this thread