Accepted OpenDanger Admin Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenDanger

Username
OpenDanger

Steam32 ID
STEAM_0:0:107904677

Your age

Current playtime on relevant server(s)
HL Profile-https://hlstats.panda-community.com/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=1698268

Server you are applying for
US Jailbreak

General online times & time zone
I'm mostly online from around 10 in the morning to around midnight
my time zone currently is bst (British summer time)

Do you have a working microphone?
Yes

Previous experience as Admin or Moderator
(Mostly in games, other experience is valid if sufficiently relevant)

I have had experience running Minecraft servers for my friends and helping out with some of their stuff as well (although this was a while ago)

What would you say makes you a suitable candidate?
(Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.)
I believe that I will be a good choice for this role as I am very engaged with the community and i am very active on both the jailbreak server and the discord server as well as having a completely clean record on the JB server (I'm a good boy) and consider myself quite well known
In my time at panda I have seen first hand how the admins do their job and how the tiered ban system works for repeat offenders.
I believe that I will be able to enforce this very well and because of my known position with the community I believe that I will be able to make a positive impact on the server as a whole
I also believe that my time zone will be a big help as I have noticed that around the times that i play there aren't many admins online as there are quite few in the European time zone

Another Note
I have really enjoyed my time on panda so far, there are so many fun and interesting people here but lately i have noticed that there have been a lot more of those early morning jailbreak rounds where one guy will join and mfk until and admin gets online and that sort of ruins the experience for me and others so i really want to do something about it and really become a more integral and helpful member of this crazy online community.

A generally nice person to be around, fun and very active with the community, You know the rules well and warn plenty ingame.

I would’ve liked to see a punishment ladder but its not a big deal, you can copy one of ours.

All in all a solid applicant in my opinion, +1

And I thought you had no interest in being admin material, but here we are.

First and foremost what I realized immediately is that your admin application is plain. So plain infact that the link you inserted for Current playtime on relevant server(s) does not even work properly.
Current playtime on relevant server(s)
HL Profile-https://hlstats.panda-community.com/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=1698268
Can't click on the link.
So here it is for the other people

Previous experience as Admin or Moderator
(Mostly in games, other experience is valid if sufficiently relevant)
This bothers me slightly because I am overthinking that part.
Actually upon reading a bit further I realized that the sentence in parenthesis isn't actually an answer of yours, but rather part of the template itself.
Well no matter in this case the next BIG mistake you made is that the appeal is hard to understand for people that are shit at reading passages. Think about the others when you write this app, smh smh.

having a completely clean record on the JB server (I'm a good boy)
You play Jailbreak.
Although admittedly you have no (comm) bans so thats something.

WHERE. IS. YOUR. PUNISHMENT. SYSTEM?
In my time at panda I have seen first hand how the admins do their job and how the tiered ban system works for repeat offenders.
Fair reason to not make one then I guess. Although it is still appreciated to see applicants make a punishment system in better detail to be on the safe side.

Okay I should be serious now. The Aforementioned bad points are just very weak. In other words they practically hold no weight.

You're a good person. You never had quarrels with anyone ever and manage to stay away from drama (from what I know). You're doing even better than me in this case.
You're indeed well known amongst the jailbreak community and from my side, one of my best friends, if I may call you that. Maybe that also explains why I fuck you up so much
You're incredibly friendly, I have not seen you genuinely angry even a single time. Obviously you would throw an insult here and there. But thats just bantering with friends. Which also signals that you're an easy-going person that everyone can get along with.
Experience is certainly lacking, as shown from the application, however since this is most certainly your very first application to be an admin ever. You atleast show yourself to be very promising as a future admin as you claim to understand our punishment system.
I might be a bit too biased because I really like you as a friend so let me point out a big negative.

The warnings that you give out feel non-existent, maybe I'm just being forgettable, or you just don't bother warning when an admin is already on (me in this case).
Upon writing this I wanted to see for myself if you try to warn rulebreakers or not.
Once checking the call-logs, it is very apparent that you have used it an entire 2 times.
1659009804000.png

And when digging even deeper I found that you haven't even made a single player report.
1659010076876.png

And lastly I went through your chatlogs to see if you gave any warnings through text chat. Of course you mostly use your microphone, however only when you're able to use it so all in all there should be atleast some kind of warning written from you.
1659010561696.png

I did skimp through your chatlogs for a few pages. But the only warning-like message I found was this single 3 word sentence.

So when it comes to enforcing rules, I'd say that it happens so little that it wouldn't even feel like you anymore when you actually start to warn people. You are the person that just goes with the flow of the server. Never obstructing whatever is happening, which is something you have to absolutely limit sooner or later.
I just want reassurance out of concern, but are you fully certain that you are willing to give up a bit of your relaxness in exchange to start enforcing rules more?
If you are fully willing to start warning people and enforce rules a little more, then you should start to do that now.

Currently my stance is on NEUTRAL, however if you take my criticism seriously and start doing what I just told you to, then I am more than happy to welcome you with open arms into the admin team.

Reactions: Zee
No reports to your name are a problem, make some. You decided to not list stacking. we typically go like this for bans/comms: First - 12 hours 720 Second - 1 Day 1440 Third - 3 Days 4320 Fourth - 1 Week 10080 Fifth - 1 Month 43200 Sixth - Permanent 0 / 9999, and like this for teambans: First - 2 hours 120 Second - 4 hours 240 Third - 8 hours 480 Fourth - Perm 0. You don't make !calladmins that often, I havent seen one for 3 weeks, which leads me to believe you either don't encounter rulebreakers which defeats the purpose of applying, or that you don't call on them, which you should be calling on them. Your demeanor on the server is pretty unsettling. I firmly ask you to stop with the claim to be a "professional child molester" and the remarks regarding your claim to be "racist" out of an attempted show of irony, we don't need any more of that on the server, and I do not believe such actions are admin material. You are supposed to be a role model, that is not it. This is concerning, but I think you can easily make these changes. I will remain a -1 until these changes are executed.

On most occasions this "ironic racism" is on mic, but here is an example from his chatlogs:
likewut.jpg

• Dislike
Reactions: Valen and blood3y
Yea ill be honest these replies are fair and the criticism is too. Despite being active on the server and discord the forums isn't really something I'm active with
@Sleepzombie I would call on people but most of the time someone already does it so I don't really see a point to it and my humour is a bit edgy I admit but I can easily just not make edgy jokes so I guess that's problem one solved and I do not recall calling myself "professional child molester" so I would like some proof because I genuinely don't remember that(if you do provide proof then I am sorry and once again ill tone done the edgy humour)

@Cridove Once again same reason I gave Ian, most people already call before I do so I don't really see a point in doing it especially when I know an admin is on. I should probably post more reports on the forums but I don't really record my gameplay as it does slow me down on the larger maps although I could probably just use tf2s demo feature instead

In my opinion the advice you have given me I could start doing very easily and I probably will from now on even if I don't get accepted as it would probably make the server a better experience which is mainly why I applied in the first place.

And actually, yes, I should have mention how I would punish people
I would probably just copy what @Sleepzombie has posted in his reply as from what I've seen seems to be the most widely used way of punishment and i do think that it gets the job done as I've seen most people who get muted or gagged that I know not really do it again.

Edited: Merging posts together to decrease thread length

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ll go peeping through my demos until I find what is mentioned, but I’ll just update my feedback if all is well when this goes under review. I’ve been more active recently and have a lot of demos to look through. If I look through like 25% I’ll probs just drop it, though thus far the claims are not supported, this memory could be credited to the large amount of times you are in discord calls when I am.

Edit: Been scrolling through demos enough, found some edgy jokes, not the one im looking for. I still want you to prove competency with reports and calls before I give you a +1. for now im neutral

Last edited:
Hello Mr. Danger

I'm gonna have to agree with fellow staff here, especially @Cridove . I think we're missing a lot of information pertaining on how you'd moderate. We haven't seen you uphold rules (however, you do follow them to a T and have not caused problems yourself.) on the server so I'm lacking information on how you'd handle certain situations and who'd you punish and for what. I do however see potential and you have a lot of good things going for you.

-Your time zone is perfect for what we need (EU)
-Clean SB record
-Pretty popular with the regulars
-friendly

I do have some questions for you that I'd like for you to answer

- What would you do if one of your friends or a well known jailbreak player was breaking rules? how would you respond?

- How would you respond to an accidental MFK compared to an intentional one?

- Would there be any difference in how you currently act now to they way you'd act if you obtained a position of power?

Here's what I'd like to see from you Danger.

I'd like for you to answer these questions to the best of your ability, I'm not looking for one answer, just want to pick your brain a little. Use that calladmin function as much as you can, it's the best way to get in contact with us. If you can manage to make a forum report in the future it will also help us out in knowing that you do know how record demos (Just make sure the report is valid, the person must be intentionally breaking the rules or doing so after being given warnings). I also want to see some rule enforcing in chat, nothing crazy but a casual "Hey, overtalking can get you muted, settle down a bit okay?" would be nice.

@Sleepzombie did bring up some concerns that I will consider, but wont adjust my vote until I see evidence.

I'm leaving my vote currently NEUTRAL leaning towards +1

If you take my advice as well as my fellow staff in the near future, I'd be more than willing to shift to that juicy +1

Reactions: Ian
Hello Mr. Danger

I'm gonna have to agree with fellow staff here, especially @Cridove . I think we're missing a lot of information pertaining on how you'd moderate. We haven't seen you uphold rules (however, you do follow them to a T and have not caused problems yourself.) on the server so I'm lacking information on how you'd handle certain situations and who'd you punish and for what. I do however see potential and you have a lot of good things going for you.

-Your time zone is perfect for what we need (EU)
-Clean SB record
-Pretty popular with the regulars
-friendly

I do have some questions for you that I'd like for you to answer

- What would you do if one of your friends or a well known jailbreak player was breaking rules? how would you respond?

- How would you respond to an accidental MFK compared to an intentional one?

- Would there be any difference in how you currently act now to they way you'd act if you obtained a position of power?

Here's what I'd like to see from you Danger.

I'd like for you to answer these questions to the best of your ability, I'm not looking for one answer, just want to pick your brain a little. Use that calladmin function as much as you can, it's the best way to get in contact with us. If you can manage to make a forum report in the future it will also help us out in knowing that you do know how record demos (Just make sure the report is valid, the person must be intentionally breaking the rules or doing so after being given warnings). I also want to see some rule enforcing in chat, nothing crazy but a casual "Hey, overtalking can get you muted, settle down a bit okay?" would be nice.

@Sleepzombie did bring up some concerns that I will consider, but wont adjust my vote until I see evidence.

I'm leaving my vote currently NEUTRAL leaning towards +1

If you take my advice as well as my fellow staff in the near future, I'd be more than willing to shift to that juicy +1
Questions.
1. it shouldn't really matter if they are well known if they are caught breaking the rules and there is proof or it is obvious then they should be held to the same rules as everyone else. What I'm saying is i wouldn't give preferential treatment to anybody.

2. I would treat an accidental MFK probably on the same level as a second or third tier ban based on Ian's ban timesheet which I've said I would probably follow so around either a 4 or 6 hour team ban to make sure they know what they did wrong.

3.Ill be honest if I obtained the position for the first day I would probably act all cocky on the discord server but I don't really think it would affect how I play on the server, I play to have fun with everybody and me being an admin wouldn't really affect that in anyway

And like I've said before even if I don't get accepted for the position I will probably start recording demos and making reports as the whole reason I'm applying is to improve the time i and others spend here so ill probably have to get into the habit of taking demos regularly.

Reactions: Ian and Cowboy
Interesting to see ya apply OpenDanger, let see what we have here.

[Feedback (+1)]:

Although people mention about how you mention about showing how you would do the punishment stacking, I would have to disagree. I only care about you knowing how our system works since literally 100% once you post how you would punish, you are greeted by the punishment stacking guide when you get accepted anyways so I don't see a big minus for that.

I do however find your motivation for moderating to be lacking as the other said. I don't see any reports from you and neither I've seen you doing some calladmins at the least. Your warnings are another hit too. As I said in numerous apps by now to work on warnings. I generally recommend to make your warnings friendly enough and getting the message out while also trying to not sound robotic.

I can see some potential in you. You're friendly on server and people enjoy hanging out with ya. Chatlogs look clean and that's really much I have to say here. I think you need to do some fixing and take feedback on what the others said as well. I will neutral for now. If I see you take improvements on what the other said, I will gladly change my vote to a +1.
1659067714313.png

:spy1:

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Zee and Cowboy
Ok, so you have proven what I needed proven to me. I'm good to +1 this. I may have overreacted a bit to some tomfoolery.

You're probably one of the more well known regs on the server and you've listened to the feedback given so far. I do hope that you don't get too silly when it comes to mod powers, something about you makes me feel like you wouldn't be opposed to necrosmashing the entire server if dared to.

+1 I suppose.

Switching my vote to +1

We desperately need another late night admin. You answered my questions and I am satisfied with your answers as well as your recent actions based on feedback.

Please make sure to take semi's concerns seriously.

Good luck!

• Agree
Reactions: OpenDanger and Zee
Switching my vote to +1

We desperately need another late night admin. You answered my questions and I am satisfied with your answers as well as your recent actions based on feedback.

Please make sure to take semi's concerns seriously.

Good luck!
I think the thing is you have only ever seen me when I'm playing and having fun.
If I have a job to do I do it seriously I don't think i would mess around with the power and commands as much as you think I would
(although I honestly understand where you are coming from)

I appreciate your effort in your application. For that, I will change my vote to a +1.

• Agree
Reactions: ItsNotCalassic
I will abstain from voting since I haven't been on lately enough to see you. Plenty of good feedback for you here however, take it into consideration and I'm sure you'll do just fine.

• Clever
Reactions: OpenDanger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread