Declined Oh boy another ff2 boss suggestion. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loli Police

Donator
Since we can't outright remove mimicer nor nerf him since *cough* We can't access the config files *cough* I thought I would suggest that we change him to a different version that already exists on the allied modders forums.
Edit: BOSS FILE IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS THREAD

The Mimicer

As he goes unseen, no one knows what The Mimicer truly looks like, and survives.
His powerful intellectual makes sure that anyone who sees his ripped face, also get the chance to taste the calm death.

Requirements: This boss requires k4_mimicer.ff2 subplugin to be able to work properly.

Brief information: Has a wanga prick which lets him disguise upon backstab. He also has 2 lives, with not so much hp.
Passive ability: Auto-disguise when you have not attacked for 3 seconds (this stacks, so if you make 2 attacks rapidly, you will disguise after 6 seconds, etc)
Rage: Global immobility for 7 seconds (configurable)
On next life: The Mimicer makes a deal with the devil and trades his ability to constantly mimic people, for a last chance to kill everyone who is threatening to reveal the true him. Also globally stuns everyone for X seconds while performing twice as fast. WARNING: This feature alters host_timescale and should be used carefully on servers with SMAC.

This would be a compromise since the original mimicer we use doesn't have a release and was picked up unofficially and people don't want him to be too powerful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it's using host_timescale instead due to plugin being laggy, I remember seeing this version few days ago, it's good but I can't really say the same for the model, the thing he wore looks out of place for a spooky boss. I would keep the old model and theme but use the new config.

I guess it's using host_timescale instead due to plugin being laggy, I remember seeing this version few days ago, it's good but I can't really say the same for the model, the thing he wore looks out of place for a spooky boss. I would keep the old model and theme but use the new config.
Noted

Looking through old tasks (Was a quick skim read) I cannot find a specific task for this currently up. ^^^
So I can move the thread above to the archive depending if this thread is successful
(Sorry if this doesn't contribute anything, but I need to keep track somehow)

With my time in the server people who use Mimicer don't really put much effort into the battle and they really win, the overall power of mimicer is unfair as well as its other abilitys cloak, teleport. and its life loss, and not to say he already has a H U G E health pool.
which we are not done were if they backstab they get disguise and which they had already said make sentry's useless,
which to top it off with the rage that not only gives uber to the hale but as well as blinding everybody and stunning people who are in close proximity of Mimicer. which overall it just makes it unfair for everyone but the boss, the only notable weakness I Can say is knockback but consitering everything else it really does not matter since uber, cloak or teleport can get them out of a bad situation.

so having a new Mimicer can make the rounds more fair if what the Mimicer V2 reads on what the abilitys do on V2, so they sound more fair in my honest opinion. That's all I really do have to say.

Last edited:
ngl, even this version is unbalanced af. you can stun people in place (global rage, distance won't matter) and they wouldn't be able to do anything at all, they would simple stand still like an afk person for the duration of the rage, which is around 6 seconds. plenty of time to backstab 5-7 people.

he auto disguises when out of combat and has a dead ringer, like epic scout's dead ringer.

also, once he loses a life, it would force everyone to be stunned (like his rage) but for a longer time(?) and the server would change the host_timescale to 2 or something like, giving him an immense movement speed and attack speed.

you get my point though. I made a video if you cannot quite catch what I'm getting at. lmk if you want to watch it.

imo, just remove him. seriously, nerfing him shouldn't be that hard, all you need to do is open his CFG and change the numbers, that's the whole process. nothing complicated. This could be done in less than 20 seconds once you open the CFG. Easy solution for a huge problem. Don't know why it hasn't been done yet.

imo, just remove him. seriously, nerfing him shouldn't be that hard, all you need to do is open his CFG and change the numbers, that's the whole process. nothing complicated. This could be done in less than 20 seconds once you open the CFG. Easy solution for a huge problem. Don't know why it hasn't been done yet.
Oh and by this ^, I meant, "nerfing him should be easy, but if that can't be done, then simply remove him."
Just making sure I made myself clear is all.

We won't know until we test it to see if the changes worked but I:
*Changed the movement speed on life loss to normal
*Changed the uber duration to 6 seconds
*Changed the world stun to 4 seconds
*Removed quiet uncloak

Attachments

• The Mimicer v2.rar
    4.2 MB · Views: 211
I've made sure to specify that old mimicer will be removed and replaced with this one

Task
#144 Add / Test the following bosses for FF2

is this still relevant after the update?

Mimicer is pretty balanced after the update, don't think this version needs to be added. @Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread