Completed NYJB New LR needs a few guidelines/rules (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heather

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
As of late with the addition of Warday as an LR there's been a few things that I feel aren't globally agreed upon and cause a bit of confusion as to what is and isn't allowed during Jailbreak

TO BE PERFECTLY CLEAR : I am not trying to be the judge, jury and executioner of rules these are just a few things that make me feel like there needs to be some set-in-stone do's and do not's

A few of these problems are:
- Blus having stickies on ammo in armory and detonating the as soon as rebel status' show in chat (A rule that other servers have is that reds must be able to obtain ammo safely)
- Reds making Blus defend inside minigames (e.g "Warday Blu's in fallgame" and then just closing the door and activating the game so they have no chance to actually do warday)
- Blus being able to leave the designated zone and kill without a set in stone punishment
- Blus being able to leave the designated area to check where reds are but not being able to kill reds (not really a problem, just seems a bit weird to go out and basically die)
- Reds breaking out of cells early and not giving guards a chance to get to the designated Area

Blus having stickies on ammo in armory and detonating the as soon as rebel status' show in chat (A rule that other servers have is that reds must be able to obtain ammo safely)
That's armory camping
Reds making Blus defend inside minigames (e.g "Warday Blu's in fallgame" and then just closing the door and activating the game so they have no chance to actually do warday)
In the rules there is nothing about Reds have to pick a area for blus, so i guess blus can pick their spot.
Blus being able to leave the designated zone and kill without a set in stone punishment
I guess you talk about the area where blus are at warday, well I think that's LR denial since its like HNS but blus leaving earlier.
Blus being able to leave the designated area to check where reds are but not being able to kill reds (not really a problem, just seems a bit weird to go out and basically die)
Same thing as above.
Reds breaking out of cells early and not giving guards a chance to get to the designated Area
Honestly I have no idea why the rule got removed in the first place.

• Agree
Reactions: Ranger Ciri
@TheWalkingCake You bring up a lot of valid points and a lot of them are understandable, but this is pretty much what I was getting at. No one seems to agree on what's right and what's wrong during Warday, i'm simply asking for something to be set in stone for these specific situations or atleast a rule that covers them.

Alright i read all this and I can offer a lot of explanation:

"- Blus having stickies on ammo in armory and detonating the as soon as rebel status' show in chat (A rule that other servers have is that reds must be able to obtain ammo safely) "
Personally I have never seen anyone detonate stickies after seeing everyone rebel. That being said, that would be armory camping. However, putting a sticky on the Cell Open button to detonate after the blues make it to their destination is perfectly fine. Sometimes the warden asks for the cells to just open automatically however, in which case warden takes precident.

"- Reds making Blus defend inside minigames (e.g "Warday Blu's in fallgame" and then just closing the door and activating the game so they have no chance to actually do warday) "

The purpose of this is really to just amp up the tension that the blues have, like being in fall game and having to look up at the ceiling while the blocks break. While the warden can deny a spot that is cramped (a place where a few stickies or a crit rocket can kill them all), a place like fall game, while it can be activated, I think is fine. That being said some fall games break the very last block in which case warden can deny fall game on those maps. Also, I do see what point you are making with fall game because EVENTUALLY all blues will (hypothetically) be forced to one block. Knowing this, I can understand if a warden denies fall game as a spot.
As a matter of fact, I might offer a suggestion to edit the warday rule so that "the blues cannot go into a place in which they can simply be trapped. They must be somewhere where they can leave at some point to hunt down delaying reds." This would mean places like fall game and basically red side any game not allowed. But there are still many other spots and blue side anything that would be allowed.

"- Blus being able to leave the designated zone and kill without a set in stone punishment "
If a blue leaves the area and it is not because the blues were leaving to kill remaining reds (after a warden or guard gives a time to rebel before they leave) then it is essentially denying LR and like cake said "like HNS but blus leaving earlier. " Any kills are freekill and you will be teambanned for it.

"- Blus being able to leave the designated area to check where reds are but not being able to kill reds (not really a problem, just seems a bit weird to go out and basically die) "
Blues are not allowed to do this. They must remain in the designated area. If their player model is in the area (like door glitching still being in the area), they can "peek" out, but they cant just up and leave.

"- Reds breaking out of cells early and not giving guards a chance to get to the designated Area " I do not understand how this would result in a complete killing of every blue. Be it the famous sewers or jailfort/ml castle cell-hole, I dont think anyone in those cells are enough to somehow kill all the guards. Plus, if any red leaves the cells, warday has begun for them. While I do agree that warday really begins when the reds enter armory, consider this: the reds are supposed to stay in the cells until they are opened by any means. Leaving the cells would count as rebelling (without a rebel status) and make them KOS. Thats the way I see it at least.

• Informative
Reactions: Madact
@Justin | XplosiveAction Thanks for clearing a lot of this up, a few of these situations just had me a bit confused and when looking at the rules they didn't really offer much guidance for some of these situations, Thanks <3

Hello! Before I start I'm going to number Heather's points 1-5 respecitvely to make things a little easier and prevent me quoting them every time.

Now the hype of war day returning has calmed down a little, let's look at what already exists and what potentially needs to be added. What already exists in the JB rules are as follows:
War Day is a custom LR only minigame where the BLU team gather in one area, while the REDs get ammo and attempt to kill the guards. Where the BLUs gather does not have to be specified but it cannot be within view of the cells or armory to give reds a fair chance. No LR can be gained from this round and either all reds or blus must die. Guards cannot kill prisoners if they are outside the specified area, unless it is to prevent delaying.

Now I'll agree to an extent this could have some extra things added, but it does immediately answer some of the queries in the OP. Number 1 having been cleared up already in the replies above means I shouldn't need to add anything - Blus will be teambanned for placing stickies inside armory waiting for Reds. Number 3 is covered by what already exists - Blus may not leave to kill prisoners unless the Warden allows it to prevent delaying. If a guard leaves the area before warden allows it and kills a prisoner, they are freekilling and will be punished with a teamban. Side note: a great way to prevent delaying as warden is to give the prisoners a time limit to attack before leaving.

Moving on to point 4, I would like to propose Blus may not leave the designated area at all until Warden allows it to prevent delaying as currently it could be interpreted as Blus can leave but not kill anybody. Meaning if they survive leaving in the first place, once the Warden allows them to kill they get a head start.

I've written up a couple of small bits for points 2 and 5 which I'm hoping to implement as soon as possible to prevent any sort of confusion in the future and to make war day as fun as possible for everyone!
Areas that teleport Blus to a location not accessible by other means are forbidden as they encourage camping. This includes but is not limited to Mario Kart(mlcastle), Space Karts(space jail) and Obby(famous). Minigames which can also trap Blus, i.e. no accessible way for them to leave after the door is closed, are also prohibited as they may cause delaying & give the Red team an unfair advantage. Warden reserves the right to refuse a chosen area if it is deemed too unfair for either team.

I'm open to feedback on these, if you can think of something better to add (or if I've just written it all horribly lol) feel free to reply in this thread. Hope I've cleared up at least something here!

Cheers,

@Roar Thank's for clarifying, a lot of the rules that were already set were hard to apply to these situations in my head and this cleared a lot of it up ^^

It’s not just the warden that can give the go ahead to leave the area. if the warden DIES the guards aren’t just going to stay in the spot forever. Obvious if the warden is alive they will give the time to leave
But if they are dead a guard can do so

I’m warday essentially all the blues are equal in the sense that they have an equal chance of dying.

I think the "points" in my thread were just numbering Heather's points in the OP. I'm still all for adding the extra bit I wrote above about war day, hone down the rules of it so it's clear neither team can have a huge disadvantage,

Areas that teleport Blus to a location not accessible by other means are forbidden as they encourage camping. This includes but is not limited to Mario Kart(mlcastle), Space Karts(space jail) and Obby(famous). Minigames which can also trap Blus, i.e. no accessible way for them to leave after the door is closed, are also prohibited as they may cause delaying & give the Red team an unfair advantage. Warden reserves the right to refuse a chosen area if it is deemed too unfair for either team.

This is my suggestion of what to add, I've seen recently the last request being things like "war day INSIDE minefield" and on some maps this is just completely ridiculous as it's more likely most Blus will die from mines rather than getting the chance to actually participate. I'm not sure any more really needs to be added than this, like I said before if there's any feedback - positive or negative - comment here to let me know, I'm always open to suggestions : -)

Any more feedback needed here? If nothing else comes up by this evening I'll add the extra paragraph into the rules.

So places, where blus can teleport, will count as camping at warday?

Any place players are teleported to an area not accessible by other means gives the blus a huge advantage. Demos can camp the entrance with stickies, snipers can hold their scope etc. This just seems like it'd be not enjoyable at all for reds and discourage them from even attempting, causing an even longer round delay.

Hope this helps,

Reactions: TWC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread