Declined NY trade repeat messages (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebishcrazy

Hey, so I just noticed this on the NY trade servers. (99.2% sure it's also broadcasted on the other servers as well)

the message was as follows...

"[Panda] Are you annoyed by micspammers? Type voice_enable 0 into your console to mute them permanently! (Don't forget that voice_enable 1 can reverse this!)"

I feel as if this is an "improper" message to broadcast since voice_enable 0 doesn't allow the player that has typed that in the console to use voice chat let alone hear others at all. If there is one mic spammer then they could just mute or report them on forums. I feel like to the average player the message is misleading. Don't get me wrong, it gets the point across but it's not worded the best. Maybe we could change that up?

<3

• Agree
Reactions: vinny
In my NY trade experience, I've seen that people, in general, know what to do, either mute them or if they are more experienced with the servers, they will report the player or call an admin. Honestly just deleting it would be best in my opinion.

• Agree
Reactions: ZeroPC
I honestly never really thought of this at all.

Considering mic-spamming is against rules, its better for players to just mute them via main menu or reporting them. I don't think anyone has ever actually used that command to my knowledge. I'd say delete it really, but as the great Madact said, its not really urgent.

Also I'm pretty sure this is broadcasted throughout all panda servers, not just NY trade. I could be wrong but it's just a thought lol

Also I'm pretty sure this is broadcasted throughout all panda servers, not just NY trade.
That it is.
I never minded the message, the command is pretty self explanatory so you should be able to guess what it does even if you've never heard of it. But I agree, it feels like a rather useless broadcast.

https://github.com/Chdata/TF2-Ignore-List this plugin can be added and then the message can say:
"[Panda] Are you annoyed by micspammers? Type "!ignore @target/username" to mute them ! (Don't forget that "!ignore @target/username" can reverse this!)".
Though I am not sure if plugin ignores the players permanently or until map change, it differs, not sure which one this is.

Reactions: Nikola
I just would suggest something easier for the players, like a !help /help command, and instead of "spamming" those messages, that contains every description/command that automatically puts in our chats, or somewhat similar about the meaning of the message(s).
This might be a way to resolve this "issue" once for all:

>Removing the messages: "[Panda] #20 [The Hidden|gameME] - arena_watchtower (0/20)"; and this is worth for every server, should be self explanatory

>Removing the following messages: "[Panda] We are currently searching for admins! If you wish to apply visit our forum at panda.tf" ; "[Panda] Did you find a bug? Do you have a suggestion? Feel free to post it on our forums! (panda.tf)";

>Changing the message: [Panda] Join our Steam Group https://steamcommunity.com/groups/panda-community" to a short command, like as most of the servers do, like !join /join or !group /group, with its respective message, like "Join our Steam Group! Just type !join in chat!";

>Keeping/Changing this message: "[Panda] Visit us at panda.tf!", or just simply modifying the text to encourage players joining the panda forums;

>Adding a /help command for all the players that pops up a list of every command, like as steam group/forums/appeals/servers, and all of the others commands for sure, that allows players to access at the commands and take advantage of them.

>Adding an in-game message for the !help command, that allows to players to know the existence about this feature, and there is nothing more to talk about of this;

>Adding another in-game message, containing the !servers command, that allows to scroll on an in-game list of our servers, as like what "Want to play on more Panda Servers? Type !servers in chat!", and the list starting from the most populated server at that moment.

This is just my idea, if anyone wants to feedback on this, go ahead.

@Mikey

Which commands all ready exist and which commands don't? You've listed a lot there that I know at least one exists but the rest I'm not sure about. Never really tried them out.

I admit I made these things complicated.

First of all, talking about the Removing commands, they already exist, otherwise I wouldn't suggest to remove 'em.
But, about the first one, removing the single server message, to re-add/change it to something like a "!server" command, without having to "spam" messages. If it's possible, with the nice feature of showing the players in the servers list, according to hlxstats.

About the
Changing ones, they both exist aswell, they're just a small rework.

Time to get funky. Adding stuff, the !help command, at least from my point of view, has to have all the available commands a regular player can use, such as servers/radio/group/forums/appeals/reports/you got the idea. Because at the moment, !help command as it can only help out admins, and it's shown in the console. Take a look.

3358648.979999998_help.png

Note: The screenshot has been made by a Panda VIP

As you can see, this contains only admin commands, and this isn't useful at all for the players, and sometimes they struggle with commands, especially newbies, even if we have less commands available for them. My idea was to make this current "!help" command only available for admins, fulls and trials, renaming this into something else, so players won't see this. A small idea/concept would be renaming it to something like !helpcmd, not a big deal.

This MIGHT be useful for all panda servers, even gamemodes like vsh or deathrun, with their own commands in the !help list/menu.
Also, a small message should be added, showed ONLY ONCE when the player connects in the server, without "flooding" the chat with all the other message, or otherwise once every 15 minutes or so.

@Madact I hope you understood my idea now.

I would also like to hear other admins' opinion on this, as this might be valid/used for all the servers aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread