Declined NY Jailbreak's Vicious Circle, Maybe a Solution. (1 Viewer)

Should Panda have a unanimous vote system established?

• Yes

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • I can't form an opinion without knowing all the facts

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's no secret that the jailbreak server is poorly run and lacks any real administration. This means that rule breakers can do what they want without fear of any real negative consequences.

I say real because whenever a mass freekillers springs about blus have resorted to team killing whoever is breaking the rules, this has deteriorated into baiting as well. Certain blue wardens are giving permission to red to kill other blues and pardoning rebellers who succeed.

I will personally take responsibility for the times I have broken the rules, whatever means I took in order to be the judge and jury are not ok to any degree. I want to recognize the fact that yes I am complaining about this sort of behavior while I am also part of the problem.

While I accept whatever comes form this admission of guilt, I do not accept the fact that all the blues and reds are powerless to stop this kind of behavior. Jailbreak is a great server and game mode, people enjoy playing as the rebeller, the prisoner, the guard, or the warden. Despite all of the chaos you still (I really don't know how) have a community trying to populate and take part of the server.

WE NEED A VOTE SYSTEM, with a shortage of admins there is no real way that Jailbreak NY can keep going. The answer is not to "hire more admins" because that doesn't work, the answer is to accept the fact that the server needs help, and to do something about it. Make the votes unanimous, keep a log of successful votes in case of abuse YOU CAN MAKE IT WORK.

Step up and give your server a chance, thank you and have a nice day.

-Stephen

• Disagree
Reactions: Dandy and Kuddar
Just the fact of having a vote system can be easily abused.

!votekick/mute/gag/ban - If there was a way to allow for this to work WHEN NO ADMINS CAN BE CONTACTED BY !calladmin, I think it would help a lot. ESPECIALLY regarding blues with no mics that just pressed v to get on but never had a working mic.

Votekicking and such seems nice but it is EASELY abused, for instance someone with a younger voice or thick accent. He isn't breaking any rules but ppl don't like his voice so much.... ( almost 100% sure votemute will be abused and then to find out in sourcebans if it was legit or false HOLY SHIT NO PLEASE)

Taken from Here

Just the fact of having a vote system can be easily abused.

Taken from Here

Votes rarely pass unless the majority of the server agrees on it, a simple 2/3, or 3/4 majority would take care of any troll attempts. IF it didn't that is why a log was suggested.

Also making the consequences relatively minor would not only give people a second chance but also give a chance for a (nonexistent) admin to join and take care of the problem.

120 minute ban as opposed to a perma ban.

Also making the consequences relatively minor would not only give people a second chance but also give a chance for a (nonexistent) admin to join and take care of the problem.

120 minute ban as opposed to a perma ban.

So if someone mass freekills you want him to be able to come back and do it again?

Just to make this clear, votes can be abused. They always have and always will be. Keeping logs will just take longer as admins, and the player wrongfully banned, to make and accept a ban appeal. This just takes longer than a player making a report, then getting a proper ban and not a false ban. We don't want nor need false bans as it will be listed in the sourcebans and can lead to a false permanent etc as we stack bans.

Lol no some people abuse this for the sake of being able to ban people on their own. for examp, what if a few friends join who are Related to eachother and then Picks on someone then have all of their related friends to Follow on the "Yes" Button on Vote? Other Servers Have Had this And its Been Horrible To Witness and Experience the power of being able to Call a Voteban or Mute on someone

So if someone mass freekills you want him to be able to come back and do it again?

Just to make this clear, votes can be abused. They always have and always will be. Keeping logs will just take longer as admins, and the player wrongfully banned, to make and accept a ban appeal. This just takes longer than a player making a report, then getting a proper ban and not a false ban. We don't want nor need false bans as it will be listed in the sourcebans and can lead to a false permanent etc as we stack bans.
So if not a vote system than what? It's all going down hill and if you want the votes to be 80%-90% that is entirely possible. Doing something would be better than seeing a server go to sh*t.

Call it an overreaction but I've seen it before and looks like I'll see it again if something doesn't happen.

As for the temp vs perma ban it was only a suggestion, someone baiting does not deserve a perma ban while a mass freekiller does.

Lol no some people abuse this for the sake of being able to ban people on their own. for examp, what if a few friends join who are Related to eachother and then Picks on someone then have all of their related friends to Follow on the "Yes" Button on Vote? Other Servers Have Had this And its Been Horrible To Witness and Experience the power of being able to Call a Voteban or Mute on someone
I can say that a vote system that requires a 75% vote at the least is very hard to abuse.

Having a server that holds 23 people and having 17 of those people being your friends and THEN all of them abuse the vote system? Nice strawman argunent.

I can say that a vote system that requires a 75% vote at the least is very hard to abuse.

Having a server that holds 23 people and having 17 of those people being your friends and THEN all of them abuse the vote system? Nice strawman argunent.

No, but having a situation with a couple popular people convincing others to abuse a new player via the vote system is viable. People like being on a band wagon.

The solution is not to have a vote system that could be abused. The solution is to increase the number of admins.

No, but having a situation with a couple popular people convincing others to abuse a new player via the vote system is viable. People like being on a band wagon.

The solution is not to have a vote system that could be abused. The solution is to increase the number of admins.
I just want to see JB succeed, by whatever means. If that mean more admins then God bless, in the mean time though it has been rough.

Judging on the fact that last night we had an entire team of 6 blu team killers, either votes will never get passes because there are enough freekillers that it can't be based OR what if there were like 6 people on the server, than you only need 5 people who are friends or a bunch of idiots to get a vote passed

• Creative
Reactions: Dandy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread