Declined Nuke Remodeling for DB servers. (1 Viewer)

Change the nuke model to a panda

• Yes

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spankyworld

My suggestion is to remodel the nukes in all servers to a giant homing Panda Bear.

Using the Polar Pal's alternate model of a Panda Bear that Pricholas informed me existed. We can change the old, stale payload bomb into something more fitting of a Panda dodgeball server. A giant Nuclear Panda Bear.

In any case, why not just remodel all the rockets to Pandas? :thonk:

I mentioned "the polar pal" cosmetic for a good reason, the model is already in the game, and I can only assume it would be minimal work to overwrite the old nuke model with the model of the bear, and skin it to look like a panda. This would be a one time download for all users, and I can't imagine it would be very big.
I'm not the one to ask about extracting the raw model, and using it as a functioning nuke, but it's a silly idea that would certainly make Panda Community dodgeball VERY entertaining.
Take that rival servers!

As a side note, perhaps we could make a special "panda nuke", where the nuke behaves differently than normal. Maybe it bounces, or travels faster.
Community is thirsty for new content... Just saying.

Is this all ready mentioned in another suggestion in the big DB suggestion list?

Any links would be nice. Making a model eh...We'll need someone and then knowing how to set it up.

Would like an answer in 2 weeks on the information above or we'll just store it into declined.

• Agree
Reactions: Spankyworld
There is already the "Bamboo Muncher" style on the polar pal. https://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/9/98/Polar_Pal_Bamboo_Muncher.png

So no modelling and skinning needed. Setting it up should (hopefully) not be too hard, you can just change it in the dodgeball config.

EDIT: Just tried it. There is no standalone model for the polar pal. Using one of the class models as it is is not possible, the hitbox and targeting are a mess. So we'd at the very least have to modify the model and then have clients download it.

Last edited:
I've added a poll to figure out how much interest there is before people waste a bunch of time. Please vote.

Oh Corvalho made those? I mean if you want, go ahead and see whether you can get the original model.

I'm so ready for this panda nuke ::):

Is whatever needed to make this happen sorted or we waiting on some element to come through? A link would be great and if needed someone whos up for helping Kevin out with this. I'm assuming tbot will?
Let me know so we can get the task up ready.

Task isn't ready, there is no suitable panda model yet afaik and I haven't personally reached out to Corvalho for his either. Of course if someone else has, then go ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread