Declined NovaZoom's Admin Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Your name and/or nickname: Nova/NovaZoom, my real name is Kayden

- Your age: 16

- Who gave you permission to apply? (applies to applicants under 15 or those who apply for servers not listed in the "Available positions" thread)

- Your Steam32 ID (this is not simply a profile link. Look up what it is and how to get it; simply posting what you think it is makes you seem unprofessional): STEAM_0:0:454275558

- Your general online times and your timezone: From around 6 to 11 central time.

- Which of our servers do you usually play on and wish to apply for? Would you visit a broader range of servers in case of a report?: I would love to be an admin for the NY Jailbreak server, however, I would hop to a different server if I were needed.

- Do you have a microphone? (This is a minimum requirement for Jailbreak admins): Yes.

- Your previous experience as Admin or Moderator: No.

- Do you have experience with administrating with SourceMod?: No, but I'm willing to learn!

- Why should we choose you to be part of our team?: I like for people to enjoy the server with no rule-breakers. I've played on the NY Jailbreak server almost every day since January of this year and I've seen my fair share of rebellers (no pun intended). One thing that has been constant is the time it takes for an admin to arrive. I understand that it takes a while for them to join, but I'd most likely be there to give a punishment. I'm mostly calm and I try to see both sides of the story. I try my hardest not to be biased, so even my closest friends could be punished, if they were to break the rules.

- Finally, please briefly explain how you would do your job, e.g. a general overview of your policies and punishments.: I already have binds set up, so I would first give a warning. If they would to continue past the warning I would punish based on severity, rather than if it was their first ban. I see this as a way to ensure that they don't do it again.

I would like to see a list of the punishments you would give per situation
i.e.

Micspamming:
warning / 480 min
1440 min
5760 min
12820 min
43500 min
Perm

Keep in mind that the numbers I used are not necessarily exactly what most jb admins use, and that even if you write something here, you don’t have to stick with it if you get accepted. We just want to see what you believe to be a reasonable way to stack punishments.

Punishing based on severity, while completely allowed and personally I agree with for those who are trolls that are intentionally rule breaking, can’t really be used all the time like for a regular of the server who breaks a rule on accident. So you need some kind of standard stacking.

This app is written fine, I don’t really expect people to be able to say the most original thing for the “why do you want to be an admin” section. You are friendly and active and know the rules and do have rule-binds to help enforce when admins are not on.

You have been gagged fairly recently but you obviously have not ghosted since that last gag (which was for ghosting) showing improvement.

Not giving any +1 or -1 till I see the punishment stacking though

I think I would have my stackings set up like this:
rule breaking when they didn't know: 60 min
continued to break the rule: 345 min - 1440 min - 5640 min - 12900 min - 43500 min - perm

Times may be skipped depending on how bad it was, like spamming vs racist comments.

rule breaking when they knew: 360 min
continued to break the rule: 1560 min - 3450 min - 6000 min - 15600 min - perm

I feel that if they knew that they were breaking a rule, they should be closer to getting a perm.

On to guard bans.

afk, or something similar, on blu: 300 min - 600 min - 1440 min - 2800 min - 4320 min - 34500 min - perm

mfk: 600 min - 1440 min - perm

I'm really glad you said I don't have to stick to these if I'm accepted, because while I did spend time on it, I don't know if it'll work until it's put into action.

@Justin | XplosiveAction (realized I didn't actually reply to you)

• Dislike
Reactions: TWC
1) keep in mind teambans are time spent ALIVE on the server not just time in general (real time) so your teambans right now would be way too long. Also, as of right now all the jb admins are doing 3 punishments before perm instead of 5 for comms and bans
2) while not as specific per case as I personally wanted to see I do get a sense of what times you would use for punishments so thank you for this
3) that 60 minute warning punishment is a bit low and kind of not needed with the 345 and would also make it 6 before perm and not 5 which would be giving the player a lot more chances than they really need before perm (I think the 5 before perm is too much as is but it seems to be a standard so I go by it lol)

Anyways good luck on all this Nova

1) keep in mind teambans are time spent ALIVE on the server not just time in general (real time) so your teambans right now would be way too long. Also, as of right now all the jb admins are doing 3 punishments before perm instead of 5 for comms and bans
2) while not as specific per case as I personally wanted to see I do get a sense of what times you would use for punishments so thank you for this
3) that 60 minute warning punishment is a bit low and kind of not needed with the 345 and would also make it 6 before perm and not 5 which would be giving the player a lot more chances than they really need before perm (I think the 5 before perm is too much as is but it seems to be a standard so I go by it lol)

Anyways good luck on all this Nova
Thank you so much!

Hiya Nova!

Good to see another JB applicant! So I've known you for some time, not as long as most regulars, but still a decent amount of time. I am mostly happy with your behavior on the server. You never seem toxic, and you've always got a friendly attitude when present. I am happy to see you warn rulebreakers regularly like I do. General behavior is good and I'm very proud of you.

One thing I recommend is toning down the light insulting. It doesn't happen very often, but you sometimes slip some "fuck you" comments and such and while most of the time you seem to be joking, there have been instances where I've seen you being serious. So do please watch yourself. Before I say my final vote, I want you to see you play on guards a little while longer under my watch as I'm still not 100% certain about your behavior on guards (as you have been inactive multiple times, mostly distracted by free days.)

I'll give you my final vote when I feel like I'm ready. Good luck Nova! ::):

Hiya Nova!

Good to see another JB applicant! So I've known you for some time, not as long as most regulars, but still a decent amount of time. I am mostly happy with your behavior on the server. You never seem toxic, and you've always got a friendly attitude when present. I am happy to see you warn rulebreakers regularly like I do. General behavior is good and I'm very proud of you.

One thing I recommend is toning down the light insulting. It doesn't happen very often, but you sometimes slip some "fuck you" comments and such and while most of the time you seem to be joking, there have been instances where I've seen you being serious. So do please watch yourself. Before I say my final vote, I want you to see you play on guards a little while longer under my watch as I'm still not 100% certain about your behavior on guards (as you have been inactive multiple times, mostly distracted by free days.)

I'll give you my final vote when I feel like I'm ready. Good luck Nova! ::):
Thank you Zero!!

• Friendly
Reactions: ZeroPC
Hello,

I have been watching you for a while now, and yesterday you did an oopsie. Don't know why you felt it was smart, but I am gonna get to the point.
You told this one player on blue team that you would pay 20 keys if he mass freekilled, and he did. Of course. without you paying him in the first place. It does not state in the rules that you can't do it, but it's not screaming admin material out of this action.

I don't like the application either, probably worked 10 minutes on it. Look at some of the accepted applications. Look how much time they spent on making them.

Simply put, -1 for the above reasons stated.
You’re a great regular and you enforcing the rules helps us a lot especially if you warn someone and they still do it so we can just go on and handle things, but in terms of being an admin, that is not something you just tell someone to do even if it’s jokingly.

• Clever
Reactions: Gold and TWC
At first glance, the application is rushed & rather short but the length alone isn't too much of an issue. Nova you are usually a good role model on the server, the binds you have set up to warn players breaking rules come in extremely helpful on our side. Before seeing the replies from my peers I was optimistic about your interest to become an admin here, but it seems you need to work on your behaviour a little more before I can see you progressing. Encouraging players to break rules, especially offering bribes or payment to do so, is frowned upon in the community and although it's not explicitly stated in the rules, it sometimes carries the same punishment you'd receive if you were to break said rule.

Based on this information my vote is a -1, I suppose you can consider yourself lucky a formal report wasn't made about this issue.

• Haha
Reactions: Pricholas
The applicant has requested to retract their application:

Target has been declined. You may reapply in 1.5 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread