Completed New maps updates/removal (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solar

Gameserver Admin
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
Donator
Hey
So since there is a decent amount of maps/updates coming out i thought i make this big thread to put everything into 1 place to see what people think about stuff on the Deathrun server feel free to add you own feedback on the current stuff i posted here all feedback is welcome. i will split this up in the columns so its easier to see what goes where.

New Maps Maps with updates available Maps for removal (Personal opinion)

dr_boomershooter​

dr_scprun_v3​

update from V2 to V3​

dr_hallway_fix

dr_chipper​

DR Scooby Doo​

Update to dr_scooby_doo_v4c​

The hedge gets patched to stop ppl skipping the garden

dr_dungeon_panda​

dr_supermarket​

dr_nostalgia_roblox_b1a​

Update to next version​

dr_devinity​

dr_BOG​

dr_Stardust​

Update from b1a to v2b

dr_derelict_prime​

dr_wallacegromit​

dr_backrooms_v2a​

Update from v2 to v2a
Fixed by mapmaker. traps not killing people when they are in them

dr_deadhome​

dr_fall_guys​

Dr_Cocainum_Xmas​

Fixed made by Kruphixx

dr_bigrooms​

dr_ignite​

Dr_horrors​

Fixed made by Kruphixx

dr_aeuhhh​

dr_breadland​

dr_carnival​

dr_hereafter​

dr_manor​

dr_mlg_bearun​

Any of the 2 versions needs to go we only need 1​

dr_tantrum​

I didn't add simulation to this because it either bugs or is simple too hard for majority for the players to even finish and its extremely long and confusing.
The map removal is based on % played or design of the map and how its played+endings

See you around

Welp hope the collums dont confuse people too much i tried ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Here's my opinion about some of the maps proposed for removal:

• dr_bearun/mlg_bearun - Personally I think the mlg version needs to go, majority of the players aren't even able to finish the map, and most die before even reaching the second half of the map. Keep the normal version.
  • dr_tantrum - A bit sad about this one, map has a pretty good design and looks good however it has the same issue as mlg bearun - Most players aren't able to finish the map, either due to the timer or due to the way the traps are designed (a lot of the traps are unavoidable, unlike on other maps. So players have to sacrifice themselves at almost every trap, which isn't really fun.)
  • dr_bigroom_light - Always disliked this map, very confusing design and the map is really low-effort. I think it needs to go as well.
Also proposing some other maps for removal (this may be a bit controversial):

• dr_pathway_a13
  • dr_trump_tower_fix - Why do we need two versions of the same map? The redux version is player a lot more often and majority of the players prefer it.
  • dr_trollrun_redux - Again, from what I've seen, majority of the players prefer the "final" version, not the redux.

Here's my opinion about some of the maps proposed for removal:

• dr_bearun/mlg_bearun - Personally I think the mlg version needs to go, majority of the players aren't even able to finish the map, and most die before even reaching the second half of the map. Keep the normal version.
  • dr_tantrum - A bit sad about this one, map has a pretty good design and looks good however it has the same issue as mlg bearun - Most players aren't able to finish the map, either due to the timer or due to the way the traps are designed (a lot of the traps are unavoidable, unlike on other maps. So players have to sacrifice themselves for almost every trap, which isn't really fun.)
  • dr_bigroom_light - Always disliked this map, very confusing design and the map is really low-effort. I think it needs to go as well.

• dr_pathway_a13
  • dr_trump_tower_fix - Why do we need two versions of the same map? The redux version is player a lot more often and majority of the players prefer it.
  • dr_trollrun_redux - Again, from what I've seen, majority of the players prefer the "final" version, not the redux.
i was going to add more but didnt want to yeet out too many maps but i would add owobuild to it aswell since it also kinda not played imo less maps means we can maybe play more variaty instead of the same 6 maps in rotation

I'll leave my thoughts below:

Maps to add
dr_boomershooter - +1 - Seems like a pretty cool map, I like the old DOOM aesthetic and there's even a QUAKE part in it as well. Wanna try it out.
dr_chipper -
+1 - Looks nice and fun, why not?
dr_supermarket -
+1 - I love this map already, looks really fun and it kind of reminds me of safety first in a way(?)
BOG -
Neutral - Looks a bit meh, not really fun either, but would give it a go, I guess.
dr_wallacegromit -
Neutral - Same as the last one, would give it a shot if others wanted it in.
dr_fall_guys -
+1 - Yes, I like Fall Guys, wanna play this map
dr_ignite -
-1 - Looks pretty pale and boring, don't really wanna see this in the map pool.
dr_breadland -
+1 - Bread.

Maps with available updates
+1 to all of them except for dr_stardust and dr_horrors, replacing the old versions of the other maps and adding the new ones (fixed and/or revamped) will be fun. As for dr_stardust, I would like referring to this suggestion I made a while back for it to be removed, keeping the same reasons: https://www.panda-community.com/threads/remove-dr_stardust_v1a-from-map-pool.26255/
I must add that the poll won in favour of removing said map; and I will talk about dr_horrors in the next section.

Maps for removal
+1 for all of them to be removed, most are old maps and they never get picked anymore, being filled with dead memes and just not being fun at all.

• dr_pathway_a13

+1 to these as well.

And finally, I want to nominate some other maps for removal, including:

• dr_horrors and dr_neo_horrors: I know a reduced group of people like these two maps but I absolutely despise them. I will also refer back to this other suggestion I made a while back: https://www.panda-community.com/threads/remove-two-dr-maps.26282/
  • dr_aconian: Boring, glitchy and old. This map is never picked and it's clear why said thing happens. Please remove tysm

So I see that @Kruphixx has been posting updates for deathrun maps and I'm not sure if this conflicts with any of the suggested updates to maps here. I would prefer the ones tailored to panda community.
If someone can set up the links to all of kruphixx's updates to here...Maybe even just all of the map files? So that it is all in one place.
Really with map updates we will just approve them unless the person who created the update isn't 'trusted' as in known to make mistakes. I know I don't check these map updates so I'm assuming every map update that comes is an improved version not a broken mess...hopefully. But sometimes this does happen so I'd rather have someone who is passionate about updating the dr map pool to know what's worth it and what isn't.

I'll make separate polls in this thread. One section for adding new maps and another for removing maps. I might have to spilt these into two as well if there's too many options.
And for the updates I kind of stated above but just to make it clearly; I won't make a poll as they're usually just approved to be added regardless of a vote. Unless someone points something majorly wrong with the update.

And I like the feedback here so far. I may tailor the polls based on what is all ready commented here.
I am pretty busy these days so I'll get around to polling these up slowly when I can.

Reactions: An0n and Solar
Update suggestions

Add suggestions

Remove suggestions

^^^ These above are currently suggestions still in the 'awaiting feedback' stage meaning they are not tasked up. I've noticed some of these clash with this thread so I may set them to duplicate

Update suggestions

Add suggestions

Remove suggestions

^^^ These above are currently suggestions still in the 'awaiting feedback' stage meaning they are not tasked up. I've noticed some of these clash with this thread so I may set them to duplicate
i think they all clash so i think its best to compact them all in this thread? easier to manage for you think then having 8 different threads

Reactions: Mark!
Time for meh to reply

Additions! :

dr_breadland
- +1
dr_ignite - below average -1
dr_fall_guys - this map should be tested on #22 before adding, bhop may collide with few parts (like dr_minigames)
dr_wallacegromit - +1
dr_BOG - would like to test on #22 too
dr_supermarket - +1 top map
dr_chipper - +1
dr_boomershooter
- +1 would give a chance

Updates
are always welcomed so no need to discuss that

Removals:

dr_carnival - boring, imo up to removal
dr_aeuhhh - bad meme map
dr_asylum - very old map, corridors and no endings
dr_bandicoot_egypt - small old map, imo up to removal
dr_bigroom_light - confusing as hell
dr_darkenergy - old map constantly rushed
dr_deadhome - i'm
neutral, not that bad
dr_derelict_prime - overall well made but quite confusing map, willing to be
neutral here
dr_divinity - old, very simple single corridor with obstacles
dr_hellfire - buggy, causes a big spam on chat
dr_hallway - old, dev textures
dr_hereafter - not the worst map but old and has no endings
dr_manor - silly map, but gets bored quickly
dr_mlg_bearun - yes
dr_missing - annoying, bhop rush map (imo)
dr_neohorrors - could remove it for classic dr_horrors
dr_pathway - broing corridors map
dr_trump_tower - redux exists so this map is unnecessary in nomination list

Maps with available updates
+1 to all of them except for dr_stardust and dr_horrors, replacing the old versions of the other maps and adding the new ones (fixed and/or revamped) will be fun. As for dr_stardust, I would like referring to this suggestion I made a while back for it to be removed, keeping the same reasons: https://www.panda-community.com/threads/remove-dr_stardust_v1a-from-map-pool.26255/
I must add that the poll won in favour of removing said map; and I will talk about dr_horrors in the next section.
I personally dislike dr_stardust too but I'd like to renew a poll there since there were only 7 votes (4 for yes and 3 for no)

PS. Imo dr_aconian isn't that bad, I think we'd need a poll on this one

• Agree
Reactions: An0n
Updated add/ remove list so far to make it easier

ADD
Remove
dr_breadland
dr_carnival
dr_ignite Possible vote out
dr_aeuhhh
dr_fall_guys testing/neutral
dr_asylum
dr_wallacegromit
dr_bandicoot_egypt possible remove
dr_BOG - testing /neutral
dr_bigroom_light
dr_supermarket
dr_deadhome
dr_chipper
dr_derelict_prime
dr_boomershooter
dr_divinity
dr_hellfire
dr_hallway

dr_hereafter
dr_manor
dr_mlg_bearun
dr_missing
dr_neohorrors replaced by updated dr_horrors
dr_pathway
dr_trump_tower
dr_stardust Poll to vote
dr_aconian Poll to vote

dr_pathway_a13
dr_trollrun_redux version final exists
dr_tantrum
dr_dungeon_panda

Again this is a list made with feedback from the people feel free to add your opinion on this topic

PS: collumns are wonky to use here so ye its a bit weird looking​

dr_derelict_prime_x should be kept, it's a very well made map in my opinion.

Reupdate the post since stuff got added by Kevin on the server
ADD Update Up for removal
dr_fall_guys

Update Scooby door to the next version

Update to dr_scooby_doo_v4c

dr_hallway
dr_wallacegromit
dr_aeuhhh
dr_supermarket
dr_asylum
dr_boomershooter
dr_carnival
dr_Madness Combat
dr_bigroom_light
Added Madness Combat aswell cause it looks pretty good
dr_hellfire
dr_bigroom_light
dr_deadhome
dr_divinity

dr_Whizzy
dr_hereafter
dr_manor
dr_mlg_bearun
dr_missing
dr_pathway
dr_trump_tower
dr_stardust
dr_aconian
dr_pathway_a13
dr_tantrum
dr_dungeon_panda
Feel free to add your own feedback if you want to keep or add more maps

Reactions: Jiji and Madact
Reupdate for some minor changes
dr_fall_guys

Update Scooby doo to dr_scooby_doo_v4c

dr_hallway
dr_wallacegromitUpdate Dr_chipper to V3dr_aeuhhh
dr_supermarketv3c - Hotfix for v3bdr_asylum
dr_boomershooterBeta 3dr_carnival
dr_Madness CombatV2bdr_bigroom_light
^ would still love to have these on the server
Can we also add the 10minute timer then to all maps aswell? Then the timebomb issue would be gone for all the maps or at least the really long ones.
Il keep this post up to date whenever there is something to update or promising to play.
PS= having these red maps removed would make it easier for the maps in the back of the list to get played more.

Until next update

dr_hellfire
dr_bigroom_light
dr_deadhome
dr_divinity

dr_Whizzy
dr_hereafter
dr_manor
dr_mlg_bearun
dr_missing
dr_pathway
dr_trump_tower
dr_stardust
dr_aconian
dr_pathway_a13
dr_tantrum
dr_dungeon_panda

Last edited:
So I've made a task dedicated to adding, removing and updating deathrun maps to make it easier for Kevin.
Anything suggested that wasn't map related I haven't included. Please point out those suggestions if there is of them in a PM to me.

A big thanks to the deathrun team, especially @Solar , for compiling everything to make this easier

Anything else to the list will have to be made in a separate thread.

Task #222 Deathrun Mega Add / Remove / Update maps

removed the following maps
  • dr_neohorrors_v2 in favor of the updated horrors by @Kruphixx
  • dr_hallway_fix_v2
  • dr_aeuhhhh_a1
  • dr_asylum_final_fixed
  • dr_carnival_redux_v3
  • dr_bigroom_light_8_fix2
  • dr_hellfire_v1
  • dr_deadhome_v3
  • dr_divinity_vfinal
  • dr_whizzy_v4