New Map for VSH/FF2 -|- Bianco Hills (1 Viewer)

Should this map be added?

• Yes

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe add another means of getting the map. Chrome is being an ass.

unknown.png

unless Chrome is telling the truth.. :thinking:

• Funny
Reactions: Waxel
M89Rc5r.png

no, there is something wrong with the file, its not just chrome being bitchy

Trying to ruin my computer with TF2 maps, then?

hmmMMmmMMmmm

Anyways, it's a nice looking map from the screenshots. I'd love to see it in the map rotation! and id love to test the map for myself..

Added 4 Fire Flowers in the map [ they work as common Spells ].
Did you apply a team filter to them? Because giving the Hale access to ranged spells sounds a little strong to me.

Edit: nvm. Didn't see that you removed them. If you want to add them again make sure you manually pack the model and textures into the bsp after compiling.

• Agree
Reactions: Falkì
Did you apply a team filter to them? Because giving the Hale access to ranged spells sounds a little strong to me.
I removed them in the recent version, also yes they had team filters.
M89Rc5r.png

no, there is something wrong with the file, its not just chrome being bitchy
I don't understand what's wrong with the map file.
Let me try edit the file a lil bit.

Ok now with the link working, I can test the map for myself. Here are some problems I've found with it.

- The water does not show and work correctly. Along with this, the "water" still allows fall damage. Not sure if this is intentional or it's because of the water not working.
20180702101610_1.jpg
20180702101606_1.jpg
- You can also build on the water.
20180702102640_1.jpg
- You can build on the launch pads.
20180702102311_1.jpg
- And the boats... Perhaps make the moving boats unable to be built on, while the stationary ones can be.
20180702102918_1.jpg
20180702102344_1.jpg
- Oh, you can also build on the trees.. Kind of funny, but it's practically floating in the air similar to the old Skyhigh.
20180702102458_1.jpg

Anyways, I think this map has potential. I personally love maps inspired by video games, but unfortunately Panda does not have many of those maps. Keep up the good work with the map. I'd love to see this in the map lineup on both FF2 and VSH.

• Useful
  • Informative
Reactions: Arrow and Falkì
Ok now with the link working, I can test the map for myself. Here are some problems I've found with it.

- The water does not show and work correctly. Along with this, the "water" still allows fall damage. Not sure if this is intentional or it's because of the water not working.
20180702101610_1.jpg
20180702101606_1.jpg
- You can also build on the water.
20180702102640_1.jpg
- You can build on the launch pads.
20180702102311_1.jpg
- And the boats... Perhaps make the moving boats unable to be built on, while the stationary ones can be.
20180702102918_1.jpg
20180702102344_1.jpg
- Oh, you can also build on the trees.. Kind of funny, but it's practically floating in the air similar to the old Skyhigh.
20180702102458_1.jpg

Anyways, I think this map has potential. I personally love maps inspired by video games, but unfortunately Panda does not have many of those maps. Keep up the good work with the map. I'd love to see this in the map lineup on both FF2 and VSH.

In the first picture the water looks like crap ecksdee xP
Now for real, I know how to solve the trigger showing all over the water.
The Trees, the Boats and the Boost Pads are intentionally designed for engineers' buildings since there are not so many good places for them to build if you remove those entities.

• Informative
Reactions: Geronimo
In the first picture the water looks like crap ecksdee xP
Now for real, I know how to solve the trigger showing all over the water.
The Trees, the Boats and the Boost Pads are intentionally designed for engineers' buildings since there are not so many good places for them to build if you remove those entities.
Building teleporters on the boost pads seems like a really dick move. It can block people from getting on the pad, and if an exit is on the pad, they get launched off. Besides that and the water, I think this map is ready to go. Maybe the next full admin to come across this can add a poll for the map to be added, of course if Aquilot is ready.

Now since I have access to explore the water, I've noticed that with most classes it's really hard to get out of the water once you are already in it. You would have to go to the sandy parts to get out of the water, which is really annoying. In the time that could take, the boss could of already caught up with you and killed you. I suggest making the greenish part lower and make an easier way to get up. Either by slanting down the orangeish and white part, or anything you could think of. Maybe make a shorter step on it?

20180702125259_1.jpg

20180702125302_1.jpg

Sorry for like, these bombardments of requests. I really like this map and want it to be the best it can.

Now since I have access to explore the water, I've noticed that with most classes it's really hard to get out of the water once you are already in it. You would have to go to the sandy parts to get out of the water, which is really annoying. In the time that could take, the boss could of already caught up with you and killed you. I suggest making the greenish part lower and make an easier way to get up. Either by slanting down the orangeish and white part, or anything you could think of. Maybe make a shorter step on it?

20180702125259_1.jpg

20180702125302_1.jpg

Sorry for like, these bombardments of requests. I really like this map and want it to be the best it can.

I've already done some "dunes" in the river to help players get on the fight grounds.
I think it's good as it is now cuz the water is a bit of a counterpart to everybody, even to Hale when he chases a Pyro [ don't hate me :< ] or a Engi too much.
Just push Hale into the water somehow and you're good to go for a short time.

• Informative
I'm going to release a cheap update to fix some mistakes, also should I still let engineers build on top of palm trees?
If yes then I'm not doing any change to the palm trees.
If no then I'm changing entirely the palm trees with the use of palm trees props [ no collisions on foliage but you can still go on top ].

I accept small suggestions.

I dont think you should allow them to build onto palm trees, I think its just a little bit too op.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: Falkì and Geronimo
@Kevin The map is ready; the votes clearly say that it has to be added; now we are waiting for your move.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Geronimo and Arrow
VSH_BIANCO_HILLS_V4 MAP SCREENSHOT:

vsh_bianco_hills_fixed_v40013.png

• Informative

Users who are viewing this thread