• Yes

Votes: 26 96.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zou

Aye. After 63 days of playtime spent in the server, I'd like to see/suggest a new map: dm duel v1c
Here there are some photos:

741142C6C6DF1F7C2C47D0F1F11C671F29CFD64C

D959762EAA9671CE9D95DD9B32B9881891C3C664

CD489C662F5E13711CDFBD358F5D8C20D33F9E2F

31C5BF68B8B23887DE54CC3A63CBC631BC20E946

FA04375C3CDDD5C6F9DBE62DE11EDBCB0F5BD0E0

ED68FA29F847BD6FBA5C0B3EB7595797ED53949C

• More huge
  • There are already the dispensers
  • Sick

Last edited:
Does it come with the pan? If no, it's bad.

I have played this map on finnish nub community and this is better than current one. So why not?

The map itself is good. I've encountered a few people complaining that the map is simply too big and that there are a lot of sticky camp spots, that there are sentry spots that are too OP, that you can't rocket jump to second floor and that you can see what the enemy Spy's disguising as in spawn since the door can be seen through.

I like it myself, but I don't see what this area is supposed to be. (in spawn to the left)

20160815145639_1.jpg

20160815145642_1.jpg

20160815145647_1.jpg

Just noted similar stuff was in the To-Do list when I had written all of this so... :p
Not sure if necro, but I suggest health and ammo packs on all floors (like Lionish said) otherwise its pretty much unfair for anyone who gets into the enemy base (hard to survive).

Health/Ammo Pack Adjustments:

- Arena Ground Floor doesn't need any adjustments. Its like duel ground so no need to put stuff there. (Edit: Thanks to @MiroSlave for pointing out, there's a medium medkit in the middle of the ground that I never really noticed :O So yeah, like he said, it would be better to remove it.)

- First Floor: Medium Medkit + Medium Ammo Pack (Edit: On second thoughts, Small Ammo Pack is fine. You get 20 metal as an engineer every 2-3 seconds + medium ammo packs fall off of killed players)

- Second Floor: There's a Med Health Pack out side the window on the ramps, but you can't get back in if you try to access it unless scout or a solly (at the cost of health, same for demo).

So I suggest one of these two things:
1. Remove the plank medkits and put a Medium Medkit + Small Ammo Pack somewhere inside each base (Next to window or on the opposite side of the dispenser on this floor). Personally I prefer this option. @spoops @MiroSlave @Caveman
2. Keep the plank Health Packs as they are and put a Small Medkit + Small Ammo Pack somewhere inside each base.

- Third Floor: Small Medkit + Small Ammo Pack on the right or left side, facing the dispenser on this floor. The planks on this floor have 2 small medkits placed opposite to each other. Not sure if we need to adjust them or nah. They just serve to provide health to any walljumping soldiers trying to counter sentrynests or stuff which is good IMO.

Other Thoughts:

Also a heavily opinion based adjustment: Make the Ground Floor spawndoors opaque (non glass).
Rocket jumping into the enemy base through the first floor is more difficult, but IMO that's ok as it's still possible.
I also wanted to ask if it's possible to have a voting system that switches b/w this and the previous map? Not really sure how this would work out but I like the old one better (might be past attachement playing into its favour). Once again more opinions required.

Last edited:
Here are some screenies to better illustrate my meaning:-

Red: Indicates general pathway for enemy team. Reversible.
Bluish Purple: External entrances, for both teams (particularly invading)
Green: Possible medkit locations IMO. Can change through other ideas!
'X': Means not possible for the invading team.
'X^. (dot)': Possible, really difficult to pull off. Requires speed enhancing items/faster classes. Not possible for slow classes e.g Heavy.
Orange: Restricting factor.

First Floor:
5pya.jpg

Second Floor:
5dtg.jpg

Third Floor:
adw6.jpg

Outer planks on 2nd floor:
sa9d.jpg

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: lionish and fanthom
Ill probably get hate for this, but id prefer to not have big or medium medi kits at all on this map. Spawns are so close to eachother, its instant respawn and dying is no big deal. Id add one small health kits per floor on each base tho, like death stalker said, to prevent you from stupid things like burning to death. :eek:

EDIT:
Id also remove the medium health kit in the middle of the ground. It doesnt really make much sense to me :p

Oh and overall i love the "new" map, more space and just a better feeling.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: The Death Stalker
I just wanted one big medkit on the 1st floor because its closest to the spawn, ya know? I am fine with that, as long as there are medkits xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread