Declined New JB Idea (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addster

Donator
As most people know, rebelling in Jailbreak is a death sentence. Though, sometimes having rebelled can be done on accident. Some examples are guards accepting taunts (mostly RPS), guards walking into random players (force-baiting), and more. My idea is a bit crazy, but:

Warden should have the right to pardon rebellers in cases where it was unfair, forced,
or on accident.

Hold on, that sounds insane, but listen. I don't mean rebellers like ones that grabbed ammo or ones that attempted to murder a guard, I mean the ones where it was forced by a Blu or just too unfair. Example: I was once playing as warden, and some Blu walks up to a scout AFK taunting with RPS, and accepts the taunt. The Blu lost, but the Red was marked as a rebeller. I tried to pardon him, but I couldn't, so I had to kill him. Another example: I was on Red, and a Blu walks into my melee range and force-baits me into a corner. Note I had not previously rebelled. I couldn't get out, so I attempt to hit him to him away from me, but he ends up killing me. Last example: I was dead and spectating a Red. He got his LR and was soon going to pick a DR. He finished picking LR, but then accidentally hit M1 and hit a guard. He was soon killed. That's what I mean by unfair, forced, or on accident.

The problem with my idea is it can be an excuse for some favoring wardens to wrongfully pardon an obvious rebeller, or have some Reds wrongfully get pardoned even though they meant to do it as bad/wrong thing. Hopefully there can be a way around that, but I have no clue. Just an idea, so give feedback if you want.

That’s called flavoritism where I’m from; Allowing some rebels to stay alive basically at wardens discretion while assuming every warden knows jb well enough not to abuse it.

-n0pe.avi

• Agree
Reactions: superfart435
That’s called flavoritism where I’m from; Allowing some rebels to stay alive basically at wardens discretion while assuming every warden knows jb well enough not to abuse it.

-n0pe.avi

That's the problem I stated at the end where it can be used as favoritism. That's also the problem I'm trying to get around itself: favoritism. It's just it sometimes seems a little unfair when a Red was unfairly or wrongfully marked as a rebeller due to another player's action(s), and that player usually gets away with it. This may mean that some favoritism rules have to be changed as well, but this may only be a small change that will affect not many players if the rules are rightfully followed in the first place.

I was once playing as warden, and some Blu walks up to a scout AFK taunting with RPS, and accepts the taunt. The Blu lost, but the Red was marked as a rebeller. I tried to pardon him, but I couldn't, so I had to kill him. Another example: I was on Red, and a Blu walks into my melee range and force-baits me into a corner. Note I had not previously rebelled. I couldn't get out, so I attempt to hit him to him away from me, but he ends up killing me.
What did they/you expect to happen?

Solution 1: Don't RPS
Solution 2: Don't leftclick

I don't think it's worth dealing with smartasses abusing the new rule for two things that are easily avoided.

Reactions: LDW115
Better idea: just play when admin is on or go blu unless you're in that gay mafia crap then just rebel

So what you are saying is, a Blu baited by taking part in a RPS taunt which they shouldn't have. And you want to be allowed to parden reds?

Example: I was once playing as warden, and some Blu walks up to a scout AFK taunting with RPS, and accepts the taunt. The Blu lost, but the Red was marked as a rebeller. I tried to pardon him, but I couldn't, so I had to kill him

Sell rps no problem if no taunt.

Blu walks into my melee range and force-baits me into a corner. Note I had not previously rebelled. I couldn't get out, so I attempt to hit him to him away from me, but he ends up killing me.

Use the force to make them move.

ok my actual response

People used to pardon when someone got force-rebelled because some blue taunted with them this basically stopped after Travis became admin because a rebel status is a rebel status (then again he also threatened to guardban someone using a trolldier loadout so should we really take his word). Allowing the pardoning of these people would mean the gas passer could no longer be a way of force rebelling reds and killing them. As by saying this you are basically stating any way of force rebel is not kos. Or maybe I'm just reading in between the lines too much again.

And for the blues backing you into a corner. If they do it a lot just /call or report them since they are baiting no need for a rule on that.

"some Blu walks up to a scout AFK taunting with RPS, and accepts the taunt. The Blu lost, but the Red was marked as a rebeller."
Red is still KOS for choosing to use that taunt and Blue SHOULD be slayed the round after for baiting or even guard banned for accepting the taunt and forcing a rebel by baiting. Simple.

"I couldn't get out, so I attempt to hit him to him away from me, but he ends up killing me." Dont hit him. Record and report the baiting if he actually is cornering you and causing you to delay like that.

"He finished picking LR, but then accidentally hit M1 and hit a guard. He was soon killed. " Shouldn't have accidentally hit the guard, round ends sooner, not a bad thing.

Simply put:
Reds dont be dumb and risk a blue being dumb and baiting you or causing you to rebel.
"Reds cannot hit baiters, but blues should not bait either"

"As most people know, rebelling in Jailbreak is a death sentence"
Sorry to revive a dead thread, but this sounds a bit odd.....

Just putting this here, but the is a command (disabled) that can pardon reds via the warden's command (removes glow). The thing is though, we don't need it. Like at all.

Baiting on Panda is considered a teamban / general ban offence. If the guard accepted the RPS taunt then the blue would be banned (unless it was red's DR) but the red is still KOS if he wins...actually, the guard would be freekilling if he wins lmao.
Another note is going into the taunt is another form of lethal taunting, you should be responsible if you end up killing a guard with it. There are plenty of other AFK taunts (if you have them) or just generally you don't have to AFK taunt.

Enabling the command will only cause people to use the command to pardon their friends and just say 'oh no I pardon all reds from killing the blues before lol' it'll just lead to mass freedays especially since we have the one warden thing going here.

So generally I'm against this, sorry. If it happens its just more stuff for us to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread