Pending New Deathrun Plugin (1 Viewer)

Switch to the new modern deathrun plugin

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikola

Hoi,

I wanted to suggest adding a new deathrun plugin made by Mikusch.
Reasons why it is better from the current one:

- Normal activator queue system instead of a random picking
- Command to hide teammates in crowded areas
- Dynamic activator health (so death an finally punish people falling to first trap in dr_office for example and for better fighting minigames)
- Configurable round timer (so we can get rid of the old current one)
- Highly customizable item configuration (to modify some weapons like rocket's launcher self-blast etc.)

For me the activator q system is the most important one because it's annoying when you never know when you'll become the activator.
Poll will last 10 days, opinions from deathrun players and admins much appreciated!

Link to the plugin: https://github.com/Mikusch/deathrun

Hi, I added some new restructions for some weapons that weren't there in the default config that I though could create problems, my changes has //Berke before their line, these are:
Heavies dropping health packs with right click.
Prevent spies from cloaking.

I also made a version that prevents shield usage if which one is preferred, keep in mind shield recharge time can be adjusted with the ConVar tf_demoman_charge_regen_rate, like in the other deathrun community with shields to have a slow recharge time. :)

Also these are the ConVars plugin has since I don't think they are mentioned in the GitHub page.

dr_queue_points = CreateConVar("dr_queue_points", "15", "Amount of queue points awarded to clients at the end of each round.", _, true, 1.0);

dr_allow_thirdperson = CreateConVar("dr_allow_thirdperson", "1", "Whether thirdperson mode may be toggled by clients. Set to 0 if you use other thirdperson plugins that may conflict.");

dr_chattips_interval = CreateConVar("dr_chattips_interval", "240", "How often in seconds chat tips should be shown to clients. Set to 0 to disable chat tips.");

dr_runner_glow = CreateConVar("dr_runner_glow", "0", "Whether runners should have a glowing outline."); dr_num_activators = CreateConVar("dr_num_activators", "1", "Amount of activators chosen at the start of a round.", _, true, 1.0, true, float(MaxClients - 1));

Attachments

• items_berke1_v1.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 182
  • items_berke1_v1_noshield.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 183
More than likely will be put on deathrun 2 first than deathrun 1 for testing purposes. Changing up the plugin causes so many problems that need to be fixed that most of the time it's not worth the hassle. Still I'll put it up on tasks as it's up to Kevin.

Task

#206 Update Deathrun plugin on #22 for testing​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread