My Thoughts On The 3 New JB Maps (1 Viewer)

Justin | XplosiveAction

So just today we got 3 new JB maps, and I thought I would share my thoughts below and maybe see what everyone else on the forum who pays JB's thoughts were too ^^

jb_jail_snowday_new_v4: This map looks soooo much better. The lighting and shading is really well done, and the atmosphere is just more clean and polished. Function wise, the armory finally has health packs and the arena finally has a ladder, and the medic room is right next to the cells which is also nice, so whoo-hoo to that :D Deathrun has been redone and looks really nice (though I personally wish there were more buttons for blues), and obby as well, and with a roof this time! That being said, the obby is really hard, like, nobody could get past the first part, and the one person who did, when reaching this suspiciously empty section, died to an invisible wall, so I assume it's an invisible maze? It's hard to tell if it's a randomized maze or something that can be learnt. Nonetheless, that first section is unbelievably fickle, like, you have to nail every jump or else it'll think you hit lava when you didn't and kill you. Stairway to heaven is the most custom one I've seen and looks really intricate but cool.

jb_famouz_2_final: Once again this map has been remade into a really cool looking and even more hard-worked-on map. The new style looks just as good as the other one, if not more colorful and neon. The outside area has been reworked, and there is a new mini-golf course and a hotel too! However, there is a new way to rebel, and it's... really easy to do so, and really hard for the blues honestly. There is a cell on the right side with a toilet to break, leading to a huge sewer system, that has at least 4 exits last I checked. It would be fun for a HG for sure, and HnS, but it's stupidly easy to run away, hide somewhere, and get into armory now. The golf balls in the mini golf get you stuck easily too and I can't ever see it being used as a game for reds. It's too small and the reds would be piling up on each other, even if it was just the final 3. The hotel I like though, I think it's great for a rebelling sniper or demoman, and it looks a little suspicious to me. I think it might have a secret ammo, im not sure. The obby has been re-done and I think difficulty wise it's pretty much the same, but it looks really cool.

ba_jail_casuarina_b5: Now this is actually a map that has existed for a long time and I know a lot about it. It's a pretty darn fun map, GREAT for HG and amazing for HnS, perhaps too big and too hard for those games but it might work well for a full server. For me it's just a lot of nostalgia seeing it again... along with it's few problems. Russian Roulette is broken, Shock Drop and Roll doesn't work, the box-game exploit still exists, and wipeout is the hardest thing ever. The obby is fun though, however can cause delay with the last "sacrifice" trap, though perhaps it could cause for some funny moments of the reds. Deathrun is nice too, for sure.

Personally I hope one day we can get a minecraft JB remake, I know there was a map suggested before but it seemed too big. I wouldn't mind just a visual makeover, one that looks more polished like snowday with all the shading and lighting. But it's nothing necessary.
Anyways that's my thoughts on the new maps so share yours if you want to ^^

• Agree
Reactions: Semicolon Backslash
jb_jail_snowday_new_v4: This map looks soooo much better. The lighting and shading is really well done, and the atmosphere is just more clean and polished. Function wise, the armory finally has health packs and the arena finally has a ladder, and the medic room is right next to the cells which is also nice, so whoo-hoo to that :D Deathrun has been redone and looks really nice (though I personally wish there were more buttons for blues), and obby as well, and with a roof this time! That being said, the obby is really hard, like, nobody could get past the first part, and the one person who did, when reaching this suspiciously empty section, died to an invisible wall, so I assume it's an invisible maze? It's hard to tell if it's a randomized maze or something that can be learnt. Nonetheless, that first section is unbelievably fickle, like, you have to nail every jump or else it'll think you hit lava when you didn't and kill you. Stairway to heaven is the most custom one I've seen and looks really intricate but cool.

Would be nice if you didn't use all these colours.

Rbno21e.jpg

Once you hit the trigger the walls appear, like on that one deathrun map. Everything is possible, I tested myself. It just takes skill, and I made it this way due to people asking for it to be hard so that they SUFFER.

ba_jail_casuarina_b5: Now this is actually a map that has existed for a long time and I know a lot about it. It's a pretty darn fun map, GREAT for HG and amazing for HnS, perhaps too big and too hard for those games but it might work well for a full server. For me it's just a lot of nostalgia seeing it again... along with it's few problems. Russian Roulette is broken, Shock Drop and Roll doesn't work, the box-game exploit still exists, and wipeout is the hardest thing ever. The obby is fun though, however can cause delay with the last "sacrifice" trap, though perhaps it could cause for some funny moments of the reds. Deathrun is nice too, for sure.
Wasn't even touched. I never wanted it back due to all the problems it has, only good for nostalgia.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Racer911-1
Would be nice if you didn't use all these colours.

Rbno21e.jpg

Once you hit the trigger the walls appear, like on that one deathrun map. Everything is possible, I tested myself. It just takes skill, and I made it this way due to people asking for it to be hard so that they SUFFER.

Wasn't even touched. I never wanted it back due to all the problems it has, only good for nostalgia.

(I used the colors to be more organized and its just fun for me ;-; )

Also I only saw one person make it to this part and they ran into the wall and died. Are you saying if you crouch walk slowly the walls WILL be visible? That would make more sense lol

(also what about the first part with the tiny platforms it seemed to be too hard but I think it just needs practice you're right about that. Also i did compliment the map a lot too ;3; please dont kill meh for the other things i said /3\ )

Also I only saw one person make it to this part and they ran into the wall and died. Are you saying if you crouch walk slowly the walls WILL be visible? That would make more sense lol
Take it slow, once you hit the trigger the walls that the trigger is assigned to will appear and so allowing you to navigate.

Take it slow, once you hit the trigger the walls that the trigger is assigned to will appear and so allowing you to navigate.
That makes a lot of sense. Again only one person made it and they just rushed into it so i didnt see any walls appear ^^;

Users who are viewing this thread