Accepted Mute appeal (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zSeptic

SourceBans Ban URL:https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=commslist&searchText=STEAM_0:0:48748730&Submit
Name of your Banned Steam Account: Septic
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:48748730
Date and Time of the Ban: 2-22-19 3:57
Reason about the Ban: overtalking
Admin that Banned you:bambi
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute:So the whole thing was kind of a misunderstanding which involved another person The warden ordered this particular person to come up and so I thought it would be appropriate since the order finished and this person started talking so at this point i heard that I had to do the order instead and complained about girl benefits. I ended up overtalking because I thought the warden finished and received a perma mute. I think I should receive a smaller mute because a permanent is pretty harsh seeing as I've only ever been muted once. And was a small and unepic mistake.

Reactions: PNN
“I’ve only ever been muted once”

I’ll just copy paste what I said to Salty’s recent appeal.

Id like to point out that you should know we have a way of stacking punishments. it doesnt matter what the offense is. you could do something as big as an ear-rape racist micspam for your first punishment and be muted for only 720 minutes, but do something as small as overtalk the warden in JB and have that be your 6th and permanent mute”

All communication punishments are stacked together. Chat and mic.

• Dumb
Reactions: PNN and TBotV63
“I’ve only ever been muted once”

I’ll just copy paste what I said to Salty’s recent appeal.

Id like to point out that you should know we have a way of stacking punishments. it doesnt matter what the offense is. you could do something as big as an ear-rape racist micspam for your first punishment and be muted for only 720 minutes, but do something as small as overtalk the warden in JB and have that be your 6th and permanent mute”

All communication punishments are stacked together. Chat and mic.
I just wanted to point it out just to say that I'm trying to be careful with my mutes. And that I try not to break any rules when using my mic and seeing as you made salty a topic in my thread I noticed that his 6th punishment was a week's mute which is just like crits in tf2 not fair and balanced. I'm sensing a pattern here.dab

Last edited:
Reactions: Ranger Ciri and PNN
Hi
evidence1.PNG
evidence2.PNG
evidence3.PNG
evidence4.PNG
These are the warning I gave in text chat that I know you were present for, not including the warnings I gave over mic. Because the server was at the time filled max 32, I tried to be more lenient about things like overtaking. I personally would fine with reducing your mute to something much shorter (maybe a week?) either way I find a permanent mute to be somewhat harsh because it being only you're second mute, and I think you have behaved much better then the past few months.

Just for some clarification about Salty's mute, when I did sm_listcomms It only showed me 3 previous punishments, so I did a week. This was a mistake on my end and I informed Madact about it. Haven't decided what should come of that quite yet.

Anyways gl.

Attachments

• evidence2.PNG
    evidence2.PNG
    2 KB · Views: 201
  • evidence3.PNG
    evidence3.PNG
    3.8 KB · Views: 194
  • evidence4.PNG
    evidence4.PNG
    4.5 KB · Views: 199
Reactions: zSeptic
Hi
These are the warning I gave in text chat that I know you were present for, not including the warnings I gave over mic. Because the server was at the time filled max 32, I tried to be more lenient about things like overtaking. I personally would fine with reducing your mute to something much shorter (maybe a week?) either way I find a permanent mute to be somewhat harsh because it being only you're second mute, and I think you have behaved much better then the past few months.

Just for some clarification about Salty's mute, when I did sm_listcomms It only showed me 3 previous punishments, so I did a week. This was a mistake on my end and I informed Madact about it. Haven't decided what should come of that quite yet.

Anyways gl.
Yeah your warnings were defo clear to me I forgot to mention I did receive and heard the warnings given by the big bambi to all players. It was just a misread scenario on my part in which I thought the warden stopped talking. Still epic tho

Reactions: PNN
Not that I have a right to comment on this thread, nor do I expect the admins to consider what I am saying. However, it does seem kinda merky that it's a permanent mute. If you stack his punishments and count both gags and mutes, then yes it would seem legit to Perma mute him. It seems kinda like your favouring others as Bambi (Not hating bro just pointing out most likely a mistake, you a good admin) has stacked both gags a mutes in this case, but he didn't do it for saltys case as justin referenced before.

As shown here https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=commslist&searchText=STEAM_0:0:101534659&Submit=Search
(This user has more mutes in total and the same total comm blocks but only has 6 comm blocks)
He only got a week, just saying I don't disagree that he should be punished and bambi has done a great job collecting evidence of both him overtalking and providing proof of him giving warnings.

Goodluck.

• Winner
  • Informative
Reactions: Bambi and TWC
However, it does seem kinda merky that it's a permanent mute. If you stack his punishments and count both gags and mutes, then yes it would seem legit to Perma mute him. It seems kinda like your favouring others as Bambi (Not hating bro just pointing out most likely a mistake, you a good admin) has stacked both gags a mutes in this case, but he didn't do it for saltys case as justin referenced before.

Just for some clarification about Salty's mute, when I did sm_listcomms It only showed me 3 previous punishments, so I did a week. This was a mistake on my end and I informed Madact about it

Need to read it all before we claim someone for favoring.

• Winner
Reactions: Bambi
All right so there's a couple of things going on here.
I'm assuming it is valid, so that's not the issue but the length of the punishment is. It's linking to salty's appeal it seems and here's where things ended up being buggered.

When salty's appeal went up, bambi talked to roar about it and roar said he would deal with it tomorrow. This was early hours of the morning. When I came on and checked what had been said, the discussion boiled down to 'keep it to a week' as it was suppose to be a perm. The reason why it wasn't was because bambi did a !listcomms and only 3 appeared. Thinking it was only 3, he slapped on the week.
Anyways I ended up getting it sorted it as ...Well I was free xD I noticed it was inconsistent with his previous stacking so I told him he should either consider them the same stack or separate otherwise people would get the wrong idea (hence what is happening within this thread). He then told me it was meant to be a perm, but it ended up being a wrong decision. Since I had done the appeal, I said right okay it's too late to go back on it now. To change salty's punishment to a perm would be unfair.

Fast forward to now septic's appeal is pointed out in comparison to salty's. Bambi wants to just stick to stacking gags and mutes together from now on hence this one ended up being a perm.
What I don't want to happen is a domino effect of changing these communication blocks because of previous appeals.

I've been pointed out to your chat log recently as well. I don't know the context of it is but it looks from outside you're insulting a particular user. I don't know, but I've been told I should mention it and lmao here you go.

Decided it's going to be 2 weeks. Next time it will be permanent. Be careful and listen to warnings within the chat.
Accepted and closed.

Edit : Been informed it was banter, so Idk.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: ZeroPC and zSeptic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread