Multiple Rockets in Dodgeball (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aR4nd0mD00d3

Hi all,

I'm from Asia where I've played a lot of dodgeball on servers that feature up to 6 rockets in the game simultaneously.

Now that I've moved to the West for university, I'm surprised to see that practically all dodgeball servers in the region play with only a single rocket in the game.

I think it would be great if there were multi-rocket dodgeball servers in Panda, or at least an option to switch between multi-rocket and single-rocket.

Thanks for taking this into consideration.

I have added a poll. I think this would be a good idea, but I’m not sure with others.

Looks like we have the same numbers of two answers on the poll. I have reset the poll. Please revote.

I vote yes, but only if you could make it an option instead of a whole new server.

• Agree
Reactions: Cryptic
This would be awesome if it works well, like Lighty said it needs to be optional so it could be turned on and off, like a votespeed plugin.

• Agree
Reactions: Cryptic
Maybe add it to the map vote if possible? That way we could also see if players like it or not if it gets accepted.

Reactions: DragonBlaze
I mean wouldn't there be a problem with accidental steals or multiple rockets coming at you at once so you have no chance?
Or will the steal plugin be disabled and you will just have to outplay rockets like a boss.

Yes, as long as it would be a voting option; scaling with number of players like rtv.

@Lighty can you make a map, or say a duplicate blucourt that spawns multiple rockets? That way its not every game and perfect for testing.

@Lighty can you make a map, or say a duplicate blucourt that spawns multiple rockets? That way its not every game and perfect for testing.
The amount of rockets spawned is determined by the plugin, not the map.

The amount of rockets spawned is determined by the plugin, not the map.
Technical side of it for anyone curious: There are 2 spawn positions for rockets. One for blue rockets, one for red rockets. The plugin spawns rockets from them, and almost any map could theoretically be turned into dodgeball by just copy pasting those objects in hammer.

Technical side of it for anyone curious: There are 2 spawn positions for rockets. One for blue rockets, one for red rockets. The plugin spawns rockets from them, and almost any map could theoretically be turned into dodgeball by just copy pasting those objects in hammer.
Thats why the maps are so simple, almost no creativity is put in. All you need is a shape, rectangle, octagon etc. Most of the DB mappers copy each other, in terms of how the rockets spawn etc.

Thats why the maps are so simple, almost no creativity is put in. All you need is a shape, rectangle, octagon etc. Most of the DB mappers copy each other, in terms of how the rockets spawn etc.
Well most DB mappers "copy" each other in that regard because its how the plugins target. Its the only "standard" for that sort of thing. If each server used a different way of targetting the spawn points, then there would be no way (except including all of the plugins) for a map to be able to be used cross server.

• Agree
Reactions: TBotV63 and Lighty
Well I suppose it would come down to editing the plugin to make that happen. It would be neat to see it happen, actually terrifying... but still refreshing. I think it would be fine as long as its not a permanent change.

Well I suppose it would come down to editing the plugin to make that happen. It would be neat to see it happen, actually terrifying... but still refreshing. I think it would be fine as long as its not a permanent change.
I have a server I use for testing maps that i've been working on and just for messing around with the plugin. There is a specific config that the plugin i use looks at to check for the stats of the rocket, including speed, etc. I'm sure someone could write a plugin to go through the process that I would have to go through manually to enable multi-rocket:

• Disable DB Plugin
  • Edit/Swap config
  • re-enable plugin
  • restart round

bodge-y. you're better of modifying the original plugin.
Oh completely. I believe that the plugin i use at least has hooks for reloading configs, loading new ones, etc.

Also fyi, this will break the steal detection plugin as it was not designed for multiple rockets.

• Agree
Reactions: Waxel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread