Accepted MssingBits' teamban appeal (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MssingBits

Name of your Banned Steam Account: MssingBits
Steam ID 32: STEAM_0:1:97798963
Date and Time of the Ban: 6-june-2023, 10:46
Reason about the Ban: Freekilling
Admin that Banned you: Grambam
Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute / teamban:

During the beginning of the round, as the warden, I gave the order to AFK freeze in cells, seeing ♦♥=3♚MINUTES OF PLAYTIME. Struggling with rebels, I tried helping. He then told me that all spies in that cell were rebelling and told me to shoot a rocket at all of them.

However, he lied to me because they were not rebelling.

All the spies were stacked on top of each other, so I assumed ♦♥=3♚MINUTES OF PLAYTIME. was telling me the truth.

I offered to give something to all the spies in return for accidentally killing them, but in the end, I ended up with a 720-minute guardban.

I deem this unfair and believe that ♦♥=3♚MINUTES OF PLAYTIME is largely to blame for this, partially because of the rule that blues cannot lie.

I hope you understand, and I would like to have my teamban removed. I apologize to the people I freekilled that round; it was not my intention.

♦♥=3♚MINUTES OF PLAYTIME.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198242171494
STEAM_0:0:140952883

I agree that the long teamban was unfair, and that was completely my bad, I meant to give you a 120 but it came out as 720 which is a really bad mistake on my end. If the teamban were to stay, it would be significantly lowered. However, I will say from my POV when I saw it go down, you basically killed an entire cell without a 2nd thought or any hesitance. I understand why you could've mistook if Playtime was serious or not though, but when you MFK'd the cell and informed of doing so, you didn't slay, you instead bargained with the spies to trade with them some cool stuff. That's definitely not the way you handle something like that after causing such a mistake. It is not up to me whether the teamban stays or not, but please try to be more careful in the future

Hey Grambam, I apreciate the quick response and I get what you mean regarding your perspective.
I do remember asking 3 minutes of playtime if he was sure and that he reassured me that they were all rebelling.

Generally I find it to be pretty disruptive when a warden slays because of a freekill, as far as I know blu's don't have to slay but it is good courtesy.
I usually find that when a warden slays the whole round becomes a mess, especially depending what other blu's are on and ends in kind of a wasted round.
This is why I try to avoid that, accidents happen and I've offered people hats or keys as a nicety and I've gotten good reactions to it, most people don't seem to mind it at all as, afterall, I don't have to give them anything.
That is my reasoning.

I understand however that it is unusual and if people ask I would slay.

Thank you, I'll keep it in mind for the future.

Reactions: ItsNotCalassic
All the spies were stacked on top of each other, so I assumed ♦♥=3♚MINUTES OF PLAYTIME. was telling me the truth.
This is kind of passing the buck here as you are the warden and you should be monitoring the prisoners, even if blues cannot lie, its always a better measure to not act so rashly.

I need to have a few conversations before i make a final decision on this appeal, so i'm going to lock this thread for the time being.

Okay, so after reading over this appeal and my trials response, this is what im going to do.

Since my trial did not refute your story about the blue giving you misleading information and stated that you were just being negligent, I'm going to give you some leeway here and adjust your teamban to a 360 for accidental MFK for this case and not leave your teamban as permanent. EDIT: Apparently Bits only killed 2-3 reds here, adjusting to down to 240 to adhere to regular stacking procedures.

I'll do some investigating regarding the ♦♥=3♚MINUTES OF PLAYTIME individual and see if there is enough evidence to warrant a teamban on his part

Contact any available JB staff on Steam or Discord and we'll sort you out as quick as we can.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Reactions: PistolPoppinSince02
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread