Declined More jailbreaking suggestions (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRGGB2

#1: You do not have to say "Its Warday/HG/H&S"
Anybody who plays during the time where vandalizing is KOS or younger than that is familiar to this rule. Personally, I kind it find of annoying. Especially if the warden forgets to say it. If he/she doesn't say it then its freeday haha funny! Another reason is that it just leads confusion. You may forget if the warden stated the line however causing chat to go chaotic.

#2: Add "Warden must be at reds at all times."
Pretty simple, Its a missing rule. Its_solo mentioned it to me. I checked the jb rules and what did you know, IT ISN'T THERE. Lets add this shall we.
-----------
Warden must be with all non-rebelling reds at all times
This means leaving non-rebelling reds in order to kill a rebeller, getting ammo/health that is far away from non-rebelling reds, ETC)
-----------

#3: Remove Hatday from the rules....Yea
Nobody plays hatday. It is just a copy of theater but judging with hats.

If you have opinions on this let me know.
Poll ends 7 days so vote wisely.

Will respond to this quickly: no essays.

1.) Having the warden state if it is an lr specific day gets everyone on the same page, and it also gives them a chance to state any other rules (ie hg but you have to be crouching). Orders are always given on mic, it is just easier if it stays that way. Also if lrs are longer than the miniscule spot they can fit in.

2.) It is a pointless rule to enforce that isn't in any other jb other than flux, we looked. I think warden should stay near reds to prevent delay, which is easily enforced, but forcing a warden to stay with reds makes it insanely difficult for him not to die if the blues aren't good/ dead. It also makes it super difficult for them to get health or ammo if needed. All it does it put a pointless strain on the warden. That and I would rather have slight delay due to a warden carry and getting an lr than failround after failround because blues are bad and warden keeps dying because he is stuck with prisoners.

3.) I like hatday :(

I apologize in advance for the wall of text I'm not good at keeping my thoughts clear and concise

When the topic of removing the requirement to say "HG/Hns/Warday" first came up, I agreed that it was unnecessary, but after thinking about it, it seems like nothing more than an inconvenience. Obviously it's annoying to have to say "Okay today is HG no medic no teaming must be crouching and spinning at all times be back in cells by 7:30", but again, it's inconvenient more than anything. If an incompetent warden fails to do one of these LR's, the worst that will happen is it will get redone the next round as JB regulars are always more than willing to force warden to redo an LR and the offender will get a warning or guardban and know not to do it again. On top of that, you always give orders before opening cell doors on normal rounds so why should these specific LR's be an exception? That being said, removing the requirement to say HG etc. before the doors open would lead to less punishments for players who accidentally force freeday, but that's more on the player than anything

I agree with Suggestion #2 to some extent, but I see no reason why a warden should have to stay with reds that are doing a mini-game if they need Health or ammo. Let's say for example, the warden is a scout and is for some reason currently sitting at 25 health and blue team has no medic or engineer. The warden could really use some HP and the reds are currently doing Obby, but the warden isn't allowed to leave them because otherwise they would be breaking a rule. This puts the warden in a dangerous position as any rebeller with a gun could kill the warden without much trouble when it could've easily been prevented if he was allowed to leave to quickly grab health, and return back to the non-rebellers. This could be a completely hypothetical concern, but it is still a concern nonetheless

I think adding " unless reds are participating in a mini-game" to the originally proposed rule would benefit it, as it would give the warden a chance to grab Health or ammo with the limited free time they have. A clear issue with this however is it could lead to Wardens being inactive and using this as an excuse. As for hunting rebellers, I'd hope they would be smart enough to not do so due to the chance of being killed and causing a freeday.

In regards to Suggestion #3, This doesn't seem like a loss in any way since people don't do Hatday as an LR

• Informative
Reactions: TRGGB2
I'll give my take. I agree with the first suggestion, but not the other two.

This first suggestion should really get added. I really hate it when people start screaming freeday because a warden might not say the full LR. It doesn't really matter on Warday cause everyone rebels anyway, but things like HNS and HG get ruined when people start crying failround when the warden makes a small mistake. This happens more often than you'd think. New players really get the worst out of this. They are most likely to make this mistake and most likely leave after they might accidentally failround and/or freekill after that. I think it should get added. People deserve second chances.

The second suggestion was the opposite of something I was going to suggest. In my opinion, Warden should be able to leave the Reds. I think forcing wardens to stay within breathing distance of Reds at all times is too restrictive on the Warden. If Warden needs health or ammo, he should be able to go get it. If the Blus are all dead or suck at doing their job, the Warden should be able to take the matter into his own hands. Of course, this should come with restrictions. Having a Warden sit in Medic the whole round giving orders is not what I mean by this. I just think the Warden should have the right to leave the Reds under certain circumstances.

Third suggestion is whatever. I would prefer to have it so people don't cry "no days" if the Warden says it. Remove it or keep it. I don't mind either.

• Informative
RCT pretty much said what I would've said about the first rule, can't imagine people would play nice without warden explicitly saying the LR (e.g "you never said it was hnS FEREKILLLL"

The second point I can't speak much for, thought for the 3rd point, does leaving hatday on there really hurt anything? feels like it just reduces the scope of options to remove it.

• Informative
1)Why would this be a thing, imagine if it is a long lr and the warden does not have to say anything pure laziness. It's the same reason why we removed vandalism rule cause you can just give orders about it.
2)In my experience 90% of my blus are just bad and I need to play the game like I am the only blu on the team. Having all reds in 1 place and then chasing the rebellers would help to not cause a fail round.
3)If hatday is removed you remove theatre almost.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: TRGGB2 and Jim Bob
The poll while close in some parts still leans majority no.

Declined

Reactions: TWC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread