Declined minecraft server 2 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinny

hello!!!
since there's been conversations of adding a Minecraft server and Kevin showing some actual interest in that again,
I'm making a new thread for suggestions and talk for the server.

Kevin said that if there's enough interest in it then he'll do it, but just needs ideas for what plugins to have.
he also asks what kind of server we want which then comes to my old suggestion.

simple survival server with hub spawn perhaps

teleport, random teleport, set home and a grief prevention plugin. these are the original plugins I thought of

then some new ones I've been thinking of were dynmap which is a plugin that lets you see a full map of the mc world though it requires a separate site to be hosted on I think
and a sleep vote plugin

old suggestion

current discussion

if anyone has any ideas for plugins or whatever then please share!!!

I vote for yes.

I would LOVE this. Such a good game let's get to simpin kvn for it.

anarchy, with sleepvote, and a large worldborder

Obviously i want to have a minecraft server added aslong it can have survival mode with it along with other gamemodes i care less about.
However what somewhat concerns me is this
Would not suggest getting anything which speeds up progress within the game such a veinminner. Anything that breaks blocks faster / makes stuff easy as people complete the game much faster. With that said, disabling the end is a huge must and if it wants to be accessed we can make an event out of it otherwise someone is going to rush it.
I think i understand the problem, however i really do want the end to be accessible for everyone at least eventually.

• Disagree
Reactions: Furken
We need to decide which version we want to play on too,most server run on 1.8.9 due to the 1.9 combat update,or will we run on 1.16?

And what Madact said,does that include enchantments and potions since they also speed up the progress?

plz make minecraft server so i can buy minecraft to play on panda :D

Reactions: Jim Bob
We need to decide which version we want to play on too,most server run on 1.8.9 due to the 1.9 combat update,or will we run on 1.16?

And what Madact said,does that include enchantments and potions since they also speed up the progress?
Most recent version I assume.

Reactions: vinny

madact was only talking about a veinmeiner plugin which allows players to mine 1 ore block and then it mines the rest of the vein with it, not enchants or potions

and enchantments and potions don't speed it up that much either, those are late game anyhow

Reactions: vinny
Will it contain things like Skyblock too,or just normal survival.

Is a ban on the server a ban from all panda servers? I’m only asking in case I get band

I'd assume it would be a separate ban like how discord bans are from regular tf2 servers

here's what I have so far:

1.16.4 survival server
restrict end access for MAYBE 3-5 days?
world size is entirely up to Kevin, but imo has to give us good space from each other.

admin situation, once again up to Kevin but this idea makes most sense:
let current admins volunteer to take care of the server, if it be full or trials, doesn't really matter.

these are just simple rule suggestions, not fleshed out fully and doesn't include proper wording. just suggestions for now.
Apply TF2 gameserver rules to MC

gameplay rules

no texture packs that allow you an unfair advantage such as x-ray packs

No griefing, Implies no messing with others claims and builds

No builds that cause lag or anything like that[

don't build without permission within a 100 blocks of others

your claims may be removed by staff if you have been inactive for over a certain time (i'd personally say a month or more)

permissions plugin is REQUIRED if want to use plugins, allows you to enable/disable what actions players can do.

I am willing to flesh out the rules some more and help out with server testing if at all needed.

If you have any input on rules, plugins or whatever, please share.
especially if you are interested in this otherwise I believe this whole idea will die out again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread