MGE constant bind removing (1 Viewer)

Guillen

I think there has to be a rule against a player constantly bind removing when they start losing so they avoid losing ELO as it is quiet annoying to play against players (NeverJudo/Celeste/Mokkio) who solely try to grind ELO, or it can be made so you lose ELO even if you remove when being down just 0-2

Reactions: Solo
Not really knowledge about how MGE works in terms of the objective of the Gamemode outside of DMing and testing each other’s skill towards one another. Is it like used to rate one another so that when dueling with someone you can test your skill against someone considered lower/higher of a skill set than you? We tracked points through HL Stats so assuming they’re using the system to prevent themself from losing points it might fall under that line ( I’ve only seen to the extreme people slayed for purposefully killing themself say in a Gamemode that involves teams going against one another).

I’ve heard about Elo and if it translate the same to something like League, CS:GO, or any semi-competitive/ranked game then it’s a metric to measure one’s performance towards other in how skilled a particular player is. Correct me if I’m wrong about the previous statement. If there’s anything with MGE maybe one of the assigned admins or someone familiar with it can enlightened me.

If you want to add a rule I would suggest you make a suggestion on the forums about it and whether or not it gets implanted let’s leave that for when we cross that bridge. Now from an outside Gameserver admin that would visit the server a scenario where someone is using a feature/command for not its intended purpose would probably along the lines of the General Gameserver rule of 3b ( especially the underline portion);

b) Exploiting
Using any exploits to your advantage, such as map defects, point farming (gameme / hlxstats ), bypassing AFK manager or manipulated game files, is strictly forbidden. Ask your admin if you are not sure whether something is allowed. This includes building a teleporter-exit in your spawn to let enemy spies enter. This means building a teleporter entrance in a certain area where disguised spies can use them. Do not explain, assist or show others how to exploit / point farm.

Alternatively you could also kind of classify it under 3c in terms of if it’s used in a griefing manner;

c) General disruptive behaviour
This includes a number of things, such as: prolonging rounds without due cause; teaming with a player on the opposing team; excessive spawn killing; blocking people’s sight; willingly assisting hackers by healing them; encouraging rule-breaking or otherwise grievous acts.

I’ve heard about Elo and if it translate the same to something like League, CS:GO, or any semi-competitive/ranked game then it’s a metric to measure one’s performance towards other in how skilled a particular player is. Correct me if I’m wrong about the previous statement. If there’s anything with MGE maybe one of the assigned admins or someone familiar with it can enlightened me.
This is correct. Basically, if you win an mge set versus someone you gain elo, and if you lose, you lose elo. It's possible through means I'm not entirely aware of to break the MGE plugin and leave an MGE set and both players do not gain or lose any elo - it's not specific to our server but across all(?) servers that run MGE, and there are people who do this intentionally when they are losing so they only experience wins and negate losses. The OP is looking to make it possible to issue punishments to people who intentionally exploit the plugin like this.

Users who are viewing this thread