Accepted Melectrome's ban appeal (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melectrome

SourceBans Ban URL: My ban URL

Name of your Banned Steam Account: Melectrome

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:209513678

Date and Time of the Ban: 10-22-17 17:03

Reason about the Ban: Steam Community Group Ban (freekillzers) Freekilling - Group Ban

Admin that Banned you: Kevin

Why should you receive a unban for the ban / gag / mute:
Let's start off by saying I'm an admin on blink wunder dot tee eff (bypassed just so admins know which community I'm talking about.)
I joined that group only to monitor it's members' activities and try to prevent potential raids. I did nothing bad in that group. I had no activity in that group, all I did was join.
Nevertheless, I'm sorry for my past actions and I wish to be unbanned as I still enjoy playing on your trade servers.

Last edited:
Good thing you asked to ban your friend to.

• Agree
Reactions: Lighty
Personally, looking at your application. I would maybe just apologise. Regardless of what you actually did, you did enough as a member of the group to receive a ban. Sometimes it would just be easier to show genuine remorse than try and get an admin/owner to go back on their decision as it is unlikely to occur. But you seem to be genuine and your application isn't half bad. Maybe explain the situation more and give a reason why you want to return to the panda community.

Good Luck Anyway
-Magglet

Being a member of a group alone should never be grounds to uphold a ban. Banning an entire group should always be a last resort. If we have nothing else to hold against someone who was banned for being a member of a group I do not see any reason to uphold the ban, especially given the fact they even made the effort to appeal.

Also I think that just telling someone to apologize for something that isn't against the rules or otherwise condemnable is stupid as it makes for fake apologies. What is an apology worth if the person issuing it did nothing wrong or isn't aware of what they did wrong? One could at best apologise for taking the admins' time.

Personally, looking at your application. I would maybe just apologise. Regardless of what you actually did, you did enough as a member of the group to receive a ban
No, what happened was Kevin used a sourcebans feature that bans ALL accounts within a selected steam group. He did not do anything as a member of the group except exist in it.

No, what happened was Kevin used a sourcebans feature that bans ALL accounts within a selected steam group. He did not do anything as a member of the group except exist in it.

Yes, I am well aware of a group ban. But he was still part of a group that was toxic enough to get on the owner's radar and ban all the members. Which means regardless he has a reputation for doing stuff as a part of that group.

It is called collective responsibility and due to lack of specific member evidence, he is held to account for the actions of the group as a whole.

Yes, I am well aware of a group ban. But he was still part of a group that was toxic enough to get on the owner's radar and ban all the members. Which means regardless he has a reputation for doing stuff as a part of that group.

It is called collective responsibility and due to lack of specific member evidence, he is held to account for the actions of the group as a whole.
Against my better judgement, I will respond this last time. Should you choose to retort is fine but I will not continue to respond after this post.

The group ban was issued via this report. I hardly believe Kevin checked every single person's profile within that group, let alone has evidence that Melectrome was a malicious player within the group. I can't see anything but if you would care enough to point out this "reputation" Melectrome has made for himself for "doing stuff" in the group, I would appreciate it.

Your "collective responsibility" makes absolutely no sense. You first claim Melec has a reputation in the group and then you say that due to a lack of evidence, he should be accountable for the entire groups action? If that were the case, to make a more extreme but similar connection, it would be the same as all players from another community being banned because certain members misbehaved and got banned. Melec claims to have no malicious connections to this group, he provided a reasonable argument as to why he was in the group and there is zero evidence suggesting he was a malicious player within the group. In what way are another person(s) actions the fault of Melec? Why is he responsible for the actions of all members in the group?

Against my better judgement, I will respond this last time. Should you choose to retort is fine but I will not continue to respond after this post.

The group ban was issued via this report. I hardly believe Kevin checked every single person's profile within that group, let alone has evidence that Melectrome was a malicious player within the group. I can't see anything but if you would care enough to point out this "reputation" Melectrome has made for himself for "doing stuff" in the group, I would appreciate it.

Your "collective responsibility" makes absolutely no sense. You first claim Melec has a reputation in the group and then you say that due to a lack of evidence, he should be accountable for the entire groups action? If that were the case, to make a more extreme but similar connection, it would be the same as all players from another community being banned because certain members misbehaved and got banned. Melec claims to have no malicious connections to this group, he provided a reasonable argument as to why he was in the group and there is zero evidence suggesting he was a malicious player within the group. In what way are another person(s) actions the fault of Melec? Why is he responsible for the actions of all members in the group?
why does he join this group in the first place, thats the real question.

• Agree
Reactions: Zushikikato Wolfeh

I am not saying that the player who is banned was the one under direct scrutiny from the ban. The fact is he was part of a malicious group that was all banned because as a GROUP they broke rules and obtained a toxic tag and were banned. It was his decision to join a group that was made to break rules. He is accountable for the actions he made to join the group and comes under a there reputation as we can't provide specific evidence for each player.

This appeal needs to move forward as it's almost a month old.

A couple weeks before you posted this, you were banned by F-O-G for mass free-killing. That doesn't help your appeal, care to comment?

Reactions: Zeprus and fanthom
This appeal needs to move forward as it's almost a month old.

A couple weeks before you posted this, you were banned by F-O-G for mass free-killing. That doesn't help your appeal, care to comment?

Thank you for unlocking the thread so I can explain this and what Kevin said.

https://bans.f-o-g.eu/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=STEAM_0:1:209513678&advType=steamid

This ban was on the 17th of August, which is nearly 3 months ago now.
This was at the time when my brother was incredibly pissed at me because of our argument, and tried to do everything to irritate me. He went on my account and an alt on the same IP and MFKed on 3 servers in that month: Blackwonder, F.o.G, and the third one I can't remember, but it was a polish JB server.
First one was on FoG, on my account (I was afk then, that's how he got to my account, I didn't give my acces to it to him)

https://bans.f-o-g.eu/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=STEAM_0:1:209513678&advType=steamid
The second one was on Blackwonder, he got banned by Viking34 on the account "a pootis birb", as seen here.
http://172.96.160.74/admin/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=STEAM_0:0:221381854&advType=steamid
And the third one was on the Polish server, but he got away without getting banned.
You can see that the intervals between these two bans were very short.

He stopped after I literally fucking smacked after getting me banned on my main TWICE (I got banned on my main on the opposite of whitewonder.tf due to source sleuth: duplicate account), and he hasn't played TF2 since (he wasn't playing tf2 anyways, just csgo and others on his main).
It wasn't me, it was my brother (however stupid and childish this might sound), and this was much before I got accepted on the opposite of whitewonder.tf.

why does he join this group in the first place, thats the real question.
I joined the group after I got accepted on the opposite of whitewonder.tf, and as I said, it was only to monitor the group's activities. They were raiding our servers once or twice, and I managed to ban some of them. There is no actual other reason on why I would join this group while being an admin on a different community, that would just ruin my reputation (and possibly, get me kicked out of the team now).

EDIT: A quick note to admins, just feedback: Even if I won't be allowed to play anymore, please fix cosmetics on your class wars server, for some reason the model of my Dead of Night and other cosmetics were getting bugged whenever I played (that was a month or two ago).
Also, why is the word "bl⁠a⁠ck⁠wo⁠nd⁠e⁠r" filtered?... (apologies for bypassing, I wanted to make clear what word I meant)

Last edited:
you're responsible for your account and the my brother did this and that excuse is pretty common.

anyways i'm still against unbanning you but i'll talk to some other staff but i dont give you big hopes there.

Reactions: Melectrome
Luckily he's not appealing a ban that is in any way related to those incidents so whether or not it's true doesn't really matter.

There's literally 0 reason to keep him banned if no evidence surfaces of him breaking any rules on Panda servers. And so far, no such evidence has arisen. And even if you point to whatever wrongdoings he did elsewhere: people who break rules on Panda servers are given another chance all the time; so even if you consider unbanning this one 'another chance' (and why the fuck would you even consider it that), it'd still be within acceptable parameters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread