Meat grinder and 4 corners in jb_volcano?(rule discussion) (1 Viewer)

kiwyko

So, I was talking with @Addster earlier because I was warden for ba_mlcastle, and I told the reds to go inside arena but specifically at the top of the yellow box in the corner. I ordered that if the reds were to fall off from that said box, then they would be KOS and I said I was going to turn on friendly fire since it was in arena.

Addster then argued that it was essentially meat grinder because it was in a "confined/limited" space while I'm saying that it should be allowed because it was essentially in arena in the first place.

This also happened on jb_orange where I told the reds to go on top of the pillar in the middle of arena and for them not to fall off else they would be considered KOS.

So my main 2 questions is that would it be considered meat grinder/is it allowed? And is 4 corners of jb_volcano not allowed?

I could answer your second one quickly. I believe I heard @Semicolon Backslash is gonna add a rule where 4 corners on jb_volcano is considered favoritism due to how the warden can choose which corner to activate.

Now onto the first. A good rule of thumb for me if it falls under 2 points. First point you should ask is "Is this area big enough for the reds to move freely around" and "will this area face immediate danger like a Soldier tauntkilling murdering 75% of the reds population". Take arena for example ; Plenty of space to move around and it isn't faced with immediate danger when reds are fighting. Now if we take an easy example like the sweeper cage on ml_castle ; Almost immediate danger once ff is turned on and no room for reds to move around to fairly fight. Your "reds to go on top of the pillar and fight there only" and "Reds go on the yellow box and fight there only" is considered meatgrinder. These 2 have in common lack of space and easily face immediate danger. Don't believe me, Try tauntkilling as the soldier in those areas. If that areas kills most of the reds then its a good sign that area is meatgrinder.

• Agree
Reactions: booba
726a49b89adae161bf1c1bd9193bcc05.png
Arena's and pool's are not a small confined space hence why they are allowed there, however once you shrink it to a small portion of the arena or pool then it becomes meatgrinder.

And uh yes 4 corners on volcano is favoritism I might update the rules later to specify it if it becomes an issue.

• Informative
Reactions: booba and TRGGB2

Users who are viewing this thread