Completed Map updates for Dodgeball (1 Viewer)

Do you want the map changes?

• Only tfdb_redcourt_intox

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Only tfdb_butts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TBotV63

So, I'd like to swap out two maps on the dodgeball servers:

1. tfdb_redcourt_intox

This map currently has a couple issues:
    • The floor has a risk of glitching rockets that touch it due to the way it's implemented
    • The rocket gets stuck in the spectator stands down the sides of the map

In this version of the map I've fixed the floor and removed the spectator stands altogether as they didn't serve any particular purpose and just caused the rocket to bug out. I also removed the toxic area because db is toxic enough without it it's not needed and also serves no purpose.

Screenshots:

CHRdnk8.jpg

Download tfdb_redcourt_panda_a2

2. tfdb_butts

The sky on this map is rather bright and the dome in the middle is quite annoying when it decides to, once again, eat the rocket for a brief moment making it hard to time.

All I did for this map is swap out the sky for the space sky found on tfdb_octagon, tfdb_spacebox etc. and remove the dome. I also removed the huge basin of water underneath the platform because it wasn't needed in the first place. This should also improve FPS slightly on potato computers. I also changed the welcome spectate camera to encompass the playing field rather than being pointed at a wall.

This is largely based on my (and a couple others) personal preference.

Screenshots:

MIyoV0Q.jpg

96V8uSP.jpg

lqeGDt5.jpg

Download tfdb_butts_panda_a4

So, lemme know in that poll what you think.

Ay, check it out! Blucourt and Spacebox, but with different names :kappa:

For Redcourt, I don't think you should've removed the toxic area and stands 'cause that's what makes redcourt different from blucourt. However, I do appreciate you fixing the floor 'cause USDB players tend to complain about the rockets glitching on floor.

For Butts, bring back the dome 'cause I like sitting on the dome, and having my ass blown off by spawn rockets :kappa:

• Agree
Reactions: Lighty
New Ay, check it out! Blucourt and Spacebox, but with different names :kappa:

The first, maybe, the latter most certainly not. And even if the latter was true, then it was spacebox with a blinding sky and a dome in the middle before. :kappa:

With the stands there's two options:
  • Get rid of 'em altogether
  • Make the rocket pass through them
The rocket getting caught up in the stands is a rather frequent issue (ofc I can only speak for EU). If I was to keep the stands they'd just be another one of those annoying objects on maps that the rocket can magically pass through but players cant. Essentially a deathrap.

And the toxic area may be unique, but that's pretty much all it has going for it and that's not a whole lot.

As for bringing back the dome: I don't need a dome to shove rockets up your ass :kappa:

• Friendly
Reactions: Cryptic
Bring back the dome!
Bring back the dome!
Bring back the dome!
Bring back the dome, plz..? I think all maps need to be fixed tbh, if anyone has the time

• Funny
Reactions: Cryptic
These are excellent fixes I bloody love them :D It's nice to have someone to do fixes for us :)

I voted for both! Blucourt looks a little dark in the first screenshot o.o (nv md my mobile is ...gay)

Also a little off topic, some people are complain that the new map skibur is too small. Any other opinions on it?

Also a little off topic, some people are complain that the new map skibur is too small. Any other opinions on it?
Yea it's really small, which sucks, but it's also making people exploit or "Map abuse" on accident because of the uneven floor which has a huge hole in it. And we all know holes aren't good for dodgeball. It'd be really helpful is someone changed it (or removed it) imo.

If I recall correctly what was discussed, we came to the conclusion that the map should be put on USDB as they have a slightly other view on what is and what isn't map abuse and tha it shouldn't go on EU. Kevin then put it on both servers regardless to try it out and asked EU to come cry to him if we didn't like it :kappa:. As far as I've seen it the new map is a bit of a shitfest while people are playing on it (downspikes and the rocket catching is also pretty much inevitable) and more often than not it doesn't get any more playtime than it takes to successfully rtv.

I'm not sure what one would do to fix that map (probably just remove the hole altogether) and I'm not sure whether it's worth keeping on EU.

Bring back the dome!

My only issue with the dome is that the rocket passes through the dome but you cannot see it while it does that. That messes with timing. What practical purpose does the dome have apart from being able to shove rockets up people's anal cavities? I mean I'm sure some people here are into that and everything, but still...

updated both maps on EU1+2 and US1+2.
should be active after the next map change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread