Completed Map suggestion: TFDB_Skibur (1 Viewer)

Do you want this map?

• No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

skibur

Hello and all,
this is my fifth and final dodgeball map; tfdb_Skibur.

Description:
A nice hexagon cave inset that lies mysterious power.
Perks: Spawner are not permanently affix; players will have a chances to be the spawners.
(That means if you're going to do a human tower, beware!)

TWPXDJE.jpg

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/btrceqnikhvrshs/tfdb_skibur.rar?dl=0

Could you maybe provide more screenshots? As far as I can see it looks good!

Nice, how did you simulate the dogdeball mechanic? (im making my own tfdb map)

I have a tfdb_ entity template. It's basically a point-servercommand to toggle dodgeball mode to prevent spawning before or after round starts.

You also need two info_target with it's specific name for the rocket spawner. The plugin searches for these entity and spawn rocket base on it's orientation.

Did we get a chances to playtest this map yet? I'm more curious to know if we can get this on the server?

Sorry for the necrobump, but I really want this map on USDB.

I'm getting bored of the basic bluecourt, octagon, and desert :kappa:

No, map looks like it could glitch the rocket in more than a million ways.

• Agree
Reactions: TBotV63 and Deep
As Lighty said, it looks beautiful, but i have a feeling it would turn into abusefest pretty quickly.

I spoke to Skibur, regarding the leveling of the hexagons, because my concern was that players would get stuck, while tryna orbit. He said, the leveling won't effect the players' movement, so I would assume that the rockets won't get stuck and break as well. Correct me if I'm wrong, Skibur.

If the rockets don't break, then it's not considered map abuse. This map is prone to ledge abusing; however, so are many other maps. Some maps even break the rockets. I'm talking about float, bitchass, ping pong, orbit, etc.

Maybe EU is highly against downspiking pits, 'cause it gives the downspiker an advantage, but USA thinks otherwise. It's more of a challenge for us. If USA was highly against downspikers using pits, then bitchass wouldn't be a popular map for us.

I spoke to Skibur, regarding the leveling of the hexagons, because my concern was that players would get stuck, while tryna orbit. He said, the leveling won't effect the players' movement, so I would assume that the rockets won't get stuck and break as well. Correct me if I'm wrong, Skibur.

If the rockets don't break, then it's not considered map abuse. This map is prone to ledge abusing; however, so are many other maps. Some maps even break the rockets. I'm talking about float, bitchass, ping pong, orbit, etc.

Maybe EU is highly against downspiking pits, 'cause it gives the downspiker an advantage, but USA thinks otherwise. It's more of a challenge for us. If USA was highly against downspikers using pits, then bitchass wouldn't be a popular map for us.

That may be the case then, because in EU nobody plays / wants to play any of the maps you mentioned. We seem to get triggered by pits a lot. :kappa:

No, map looks like it could glitch the rocket in more than a million ways.
tfdb_space, tfdb_box_glass_floor_a4_fix2, tfdb_float_a2_fix, tfdb_catland_v2, tfdb_bridge, tfdb_castle_rc2, tfdb_bitch_ass_final, tfdb_orbital, tfdb_inferno_a5, tfdb_campout_a2, tfdb_lithium, tfdb_maui_b3, tfdb_oilrig, tfdb_sandvich_7e, tfdb_snow_b1, tfdb_trainfalls_v5 ????

All of the maps I've mention are still on USA nominate list, and they are all prone to glitch rockets, or break rockets regardless.
I haven't play EU server, so I can't speak my behalf of knowing what broken maps they may have, but if it was for USA, people would have complained about people breaking rockets and downspiking.

And yet I fail to see people complains about the maps I've mention above.

I haven't play EU server, so I can't speak my behalf of knowing what broken maps they may have

We have essentially the same map list on EU.

You'll find that most of these maps are an annoyance but too unpopular for anyone to do anything about them (at least that's how it is for EU). However they're (almost) never played on EU. As for a more popular map, tfdb_box_space, you can see I did make a complaint about that and a fix was provided. We're merely waiting for it to be deployed on the (EU) servers.

Also (on EU) people constantly complain about bad maps or the fact that the stupid glass in tfdb_box_space broke and there is now a gaping hole in the middle.

Also Lighty probably answered from an EU perspective.

Looks like it's a tie. Suggestion? (Seems like the US server is already set, ask Eur server and see if they want to give it a try)

map has been added to EU and US servers.
incase anyone has a complain against it being on EU servers aswell let me know in a short PM :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Zushikikato Wolfeh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread