Declined Manulis's Admin Application (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manulis

-Username
Manulis

-Steam32 ID
STEAM_0:0:90290426

-Your age

-Current playtime on relevant server(s)
My HLStats Profile

-Link to your Sourcebans record
Bans
Communication Bans

-(If relevant) Who gave you permission to apply?
I reached out to Madact who was extremely friendly and explained how to apply here, thanks again!

-Server you are applying for
US | Hightower | No Carts

-General online times & time zone
Generally online at all times, I usually play within 2pm-2am time frame
CDT

-Do you have a working microphone?
Yep!

-Previous experience as Admin or Moderator
I've mostly moderated for Minecraft servers and my own discords based on projects within it.
Have some knowledge of TF2 server commands and am willing to learn anything to improve my skills.

-What would you say makes you a suitable candidate?
Easy to say that cheaters and those who desire to create an unfair advantage for themselves should be dealt with appropriately with the level of severity of those actions.
I don't condone bigoted behavior of any kind that victimizes those who are different. When someone goes beyond the realm of voicing an opinion and is openly attacking someone for their personal beliefs or feelings I have a problem with it. Knowing that boundary is important though and generally speaking I think we should all strive to be respectful to one another, be tolerant, and accepting.
All in all I believe in fair punishment and patience.
I hope that my time as an admin could be used to strengthen and grow a welcoming server that I love so much.

Thank you for taking the time to read this application and have a good day!

Apologies for the lack of response as I have been a bit inactive!
So since it's US hightower there is no assigned admins to give feedback. So you'll only really get general feedback from me from what I can see from an 'outside the server' perspective.

I would suggest you start by making some player reports so we can know US Hightower needs the demand for admins and that it shows your judgement / you handing out warnings to rulebreakers

Also if you could take a look at some accepted applications to please give me one example of how you would stack punishments. Here at panda your punishments increase the more you have so it's important to show how you think you should stack. You'll see these list examples in the accepted application. You can base it off of Micspamming for example you don't have to go too complicated. Also I wouldn't copy off these accepted applications but if you find that your punishment stacking is similar to some accepted applications don't worry about it!

Chatlog quick glance seems fine. I see 'ez' and 'cope' but without in-server context I can't fault it. Sessions are stable with great time spent per day.
I like applicants who approach me for questions and I'm glad you came to me about applying. Shows your interest!
Nothing more I can say. If I've missed something someone can feel free to point it out but I'll do another sweep of checks during under review.

I'm going to leave this open until Saturday. This is mainly for the response to the request in this post. If the applicant doesn't respond by Saturday I will close it for under review regardless

Apologies for the lack of response as I have been a bit inactive!
So since it's US hightower there is no assigned admins to give feedback. So you'll only really get general feedback from me from what I can see from an 'outside the server' perspective.

I would suggest you start by making some player reports so we can know US Hightower needs the demand for admins and that it shows your judgement / you handing out warnings to rulebreakers

Also if you could take a look at some accepted applications to please give me one example of how you would stack punishments. Here at panda your punishments increase the more you have so it's important to show how you think you should stack. You'll see these list examples in the accepted application. You can base it off of Micspamming for example you don't have to go too complicated. Also I wouldn't copy off these accepted applications but if you find that your punishment stacking is similar to some accepted applications don't worry about it!

Chatlog quick glance seems fine. I see 'ez' and 'cope' but without in-server context I can't fault it. Sessions are stable with great time spent per day.
I like applicants who approach me for questions and I'm glad you came to me about applying. Shows your interest!
Nothing more I can say. If I've missed something someone can feel free to point it out but I'll do another sweep of checks during under review.

I'm going to leave this open until Saturday. This is mainly for the response to the request in this post. If the applicant doesn't respond by Saturday I will close it for under review regardless
No worries what so ever! I figured it'd take quite some time to be looked at haha.

I actually did skim quite a few applications and wondered whether it'd be best to emulate others' punishment stacking or just be more truthful about my perspective so apologies for not clarifying better.
One of my first interactions on US Hightower was seeing someone (now a good friend and regular on the server) being targeted for being openly trans, this happened some time ago but it left me with a sense of longing for something to be done. I've also seen plenty of mic-spammers as well since they're not hard to come by, this is less offensive but frustrating nonetheless.
Depending on the scenario my response would be as follows - start with a warning to cease and play respectfully (ie quit being bigoted or noisy) and if they fail to comply I'd follow up with a communication ban. I've seen other mods suggest starting with a ban of about 6 hours -> 12 hours -> 1 day -> 3 days -> a week and then permanently banning them. I like this since I don't think most folks play for longer than 6 hours at a time and seems like a fair first response. I have a zero tolerance policy for anything beyond just the usual back and forth and having a row with an enemy team member.

For now on I'll be on the look out for any violators of rules and report them here as you've suggested!
Thank you for your time as always!

Reactions: Cowboy
Thank you for the swift response Manulis!

That's everything we need. If I have any questions I'll make sure to message you. This application is ready for under review!

Any questions to me or inactivity during under review please let me know. Good luck ::):

declined due to inactivity; you may apply again in a month - 28.09.2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread